• Published 4th Aug 2019
  • 270 Views, 2 Comments

Star of the Morning - WhatItDoBaby



MLP AU- The goddess Celestia is the goddess everyone looks up to and there aren't any other gods present. But when a problem arises, there is a god to blame for a crises that has risen in the skies.

  • ...
 2
 270

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Morning star? That must be our grace. But left hand? Was there another god? Why not right hand? Has left? Left what? Water is the savior; then why would they stop it? Evil? Another great light? Another? But Celestia is the only great light we know.

“I am not the only one.”

“What?!”

“I said I am not the only great light.”

“No, I mean I am surprised by that too but how did you know what I thought?”

“I am a goddess. I can hear thoughts and prayers.”

“Oh right... but another great light? But you are the only one. You are both the Sun and the Moon.”

“What I am about to tell you is to stay between us until the time is right. Do you understand Twilight? I may be asking a lot but you must keep quiet or there will be harm done.”

“Harm done?! From what?”

“If too much of the truth goes out to the public, it may be too much for the citizens to handle. I must protect everyone even from the truth sometimes.”

“I understand... I will keep quiet.”

“Good, now ask me any questions. I know that the book was short and lacks information that I know you must be seeking.”

“Yes! Who is the other greater light?!”

“Another goddess by the name Selene. She is the moon. She is my sister by title, but we share no family bond like you mortals are used to.”

“The moon? Then why is she not here?”

“I will answer that later, next question.”

“Okay... what did it mean by left hand? Left hand of what? Of Selene?”

“Please do not call Selene without her formal title, she is much of a goddess as I am and is superior to you.” Twilight shook, bowed lowly and nodded her head as Celestia stared down at her. “And I was not left to her but to another god. He has since ceased to exist as his rule failed.”

“Failed? How?

“He was not fit to rule. He was merciless and planned to kill all those on Gaia since they were not deemed perfect by him.”

“By the waters! That is what it meant by the waters is the savior. The savior from evil! But the book makes it seem that they were accepting, and it was right.”

“Yes, only for the reason that they had no other choice but to accept.”

“That’s where you come in!” Twilight exclaimed. She stood and bounced around. “You stopped the waters with Sele- I mean Goddess Selene! And it says she was partners with the waters?”

The room seemed to rise in temperature. “Yes. She was close with them. The royals of the waters were smitten by her and with their help, we were able to stop the waters.”

“But aren’t you a goddess? Can’t you do everything?”

“Not before, you see, I was weaker then but now, I am a full goddess.”

“So, I don’t understand. I love this lesson but why was it so urgent? Why did you ask me to be here? Does it have to do with the sky?”

Celestia turned away looking at the ceiling. “It does have to do with the skies. I believe it is Selene’s doing. After so many years why would she do it?”

“Can’t you stop her? I mean you said you’re a full goddess now. So why can’t you stop that and is there harm being done by the sky?”

“The clouds seem to be growing. And I cannot stop her if I cannot find her. I cannot be all-knowing with another god, but I believe she has hidden herself in the waters. The ocean I mean.”

“Have you tried seeking her?”

“I have, for many years but I can never seem to find her. She is known to hide and manipulate her form. It is difficult for me to find her. But this is where you come in.”

“ME?!”

“Yes, do not doubt yourself scholar, you are the smartest mortal I have known, and she would not hide from you. She does not know you.”

“I see... but I do not know where to look for her.”

“I will give you a map leading it the royals of the ocean and I will be giving you a boat. You can only bring those you entrust your life with. You may also take Cadence.”

“How does she look like?!”

“You will know once you see her.”

Those who I entrust. Twilight sat in a train looked outside deep in thought. I know! I will take AppleJack, Rainbow Dash, FlutterShy, Pinkie, Rarity, Spike, Starlight, and Cadence. We always do well together and together; we seem to overcome anything.

The train came to stop at Ponyville. Twilight raced out as if trying to compete with Rainbow Dash. She sought out her friends as she finally found Rarity and Starlight together.

“Rarity! Starlight!”

“Twilight!”, Both mares shouted.

“How are you this evening darling?”

“Yea, how’d it go with meeting up with the Goddess?”

“That’s just it, I need you to gather everyone! I need everyone to meet me at the library.” Twilight raced off to her library and Rarity and Starlight were left in the dust.

“Must be something urgent Rarity.”

“Must be, but the dear does work herself up too many times, but we must not make her wait.”

They split off and raced to find the others.

Author's Note:

Thank you to anyone who has read this! I hope everything is interesting and please correct me of any mistakes or give me advice in how to make this story better!