• Published 16th Sep 2019
  • 433 Views, 1 Comments

Just A Dream: Beginning Nightmare - WuzzyBlu_92



The Tantabus wakes in the real land of ponies...

  • ...
 1
 433

ReBirth

LUNA POV

A mistake. The Tantabus' existence, the purpose I gave it, was a mistake. To ravage my mind with nightmares so I never forgot my sins. What a silly notion that was now that I look back on it. My method of retribution slowly transformed into a monster. A monster.


RAINBOW DASH POV

I couldn't get any sleep after the nightmares that thing gave me so I went outside to cool my nerves. The Everfree, despite the dangers that lurked inside, looked quite peaceful during the night, like the forest itself was sleeping. I landed on a comfy cloud and decided to sleep there for the night but in the corner of my eye, I could see a silhouette of a pony. When I lowered my cloud and looked closer, I could see them lying on the ground and not moving. From their appearance, they looked male and in their late teens. I got off my cloud and landed next to the unconscious stallion. He had dark blue fur and a long, black mane with white stripes. he top of his face was completely silhouetted by his mane so only his muzzle was visible. His clothes were super weird too; a skin-tight, black bodysuit with a white jacket that showed off the midriff and brown boots over it. It almost reminded me of the shadowbolt costume I wore for Nightmare Night. I began shaking him to try and get him to wake up. After a few seconds of shouting and shaking, he slowly rose into a sitting position "'Bout time you woke up. You looked like you were dead for a moment there. Anyway, you should get out of here; the Everfree isn't exactly a napping spot. Trust me, I've tried," We both stood up and I lead him back to Ponyville "My name's Rainbow Dash; fastest pony in Equestria! What's your name?"

"..." He looked towards me but said nothing

"Uhhh, dude, your name please?" He opened his mouth this time but again, no response. At this point, I grew annoyed at what I thought to be a prank and stopped him "Okay bub, I don't know where you're from but here we respond when we are asked a question. Now I'll ask you one more time; What. Is. Your. Name?!" I yelled. He responded with a shrug of his shoulders "You don't know your name?" He shook his head "Your family?" He shook again "Anything?!"

With a final shake of his head, I sighed as we continued on our way to Ponyville "You're going to be a handful, aren't you?" He tilted his head in confusion "Don't worry about it. I'll take you to a bookworm I know who should be able to help you. For the meantime, just try to remember everything you can," I said as we approached the exit.


TWILIGHT POV

A loud knock on my door woke me up and with a groan, I slithered out of my book pile and to the door. I was shocked to see Rainbow Dash with a stranger at the library "Heya, Twilight! I've got a delivery for ya!" she said as she pushed the stranger in with ease. I stepped to the side and shut the door, confused as to what was happening.

"Um, Rainbow Dash? Care to tell me why you have brought yourself and a stranger to my home at 2:39 A.M?" I looked over at the individual, looking around the library with awe as if he'd never seen a book before. Rainbow explained to me what had happened and that the stallion had no memory of his life and refused to talk. However "Rainbow? Had it ever dawned upon you that he may be mute?" I asked her. She 'ooh' in realisation and went up to the stallion, who was now looking into one of the books, specifically 'The Two Sisters'.

"Hey, uh, dude? I'm sorry for being all rude to you before; didn't cross my mind that you may have not been able to talk. Are we cool?" she asked. The stallion silently nodded and went up to me, showing me a page of the book that from his hand signals, he seemed to be interested in. He was pointing at the Luna in the picture of her looking over the ponies at night

"Ah yes, that is Princess Luna of the Night, Why do you ask? Do you remember anything?" He nodded and mimicked a quill with his hand "You want to write something? Here," I levitated a quill and scroll over to him and he began writing. Shortly after, he stopped and showed me and Rainbow.

"Anubis? Is that your name? That sounds like a great name for you! My name is Twilight Sparkle," He nodded again. This was good progress "Okay, from what I am getting from you, you seem to have no home, correct?" Anubis nodded sadly "Then it is decided! You will live here with me until you regain your memory. You seem to like books so you can read as much as you like here. Just remember to put them back exactly where you found them, deal?" I asked, holding out my hand. Anubis looked at my hand for a moment and extended his own. Except he didn't close his hand around it, leading me to believe his amnesia was much worse than we thought.

"Its a handshake, Anubis. You're supposed to shake it," Rainbow assisted. Anubis did as he was told and shook my hand. I lead him downstairs to a spare room "This will be where you'll stay for the night, okay?" he nodded and walked into the room. I closed the door behind me "If anything's wrong with the room, just shout for me!" I said walking back up the stairs where Rainbow was waiting for me "Oh wait, he can't talk... oops," I said in hindsight "Anyway, Rainbow, I think Anubis' amnesia is worse than I thought. He appears to have lost both his episodic and semantic memory. In normal cases, it should only be episodic that is affected but for him, it's both. I wonder why..." Rainbow only looked at me confused "He doesn't remember his life and anything about the world, seeing as he didn't even know what a handshake was until a minute ago."

"So, are we going to show him around Ponyville tomorrow? He seems to have no clue about where he was and I want to ask him how he sees through that silhouette over his eyes. Enough about that, I'm gonna head home. Clouds to bust, you know. I'll come back if I find anymore mysterious, unknown mutes unconscious in the Everfree," she said as she took off through an open window. I sighed in annoyance before dragging my focus back to Anubis.

"Everfree... We should check if he's under the influence of Poison Joke tomorrow." With that, Rainbow left and I went upstairs to finish my night's sleep, my thoughts plagued by my new room-mate's condition until darkness consumed me.

Author's Note:

Well, that is the first chapter of Just a Dream. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter at least a bit; it was hard squeezing out this one in particular. This story will probably be less updated due to my other story I'm working on, Grim Noire for the uninitiated, but I'll try to pump out more when I find the time and inspiration. If you haven't read Grim Noire, I hope you do. It is story near and dear to me and will keep getting better in quality as I grow as a writer so an extra thought in the comment section as to how I could improve it would really help a lot. Anyway, I'll end this now because I am way too tired to continue writing anymore.

Stay dizzy. Wuzzy out.