• Published 4th Jun 2019
  • 815 Views, 3 Comments

My Little Pony: Ice Age - Dinopony2580



Winter is right around the corner and eveypony's preparing for it. But this winter will be different then any other winter Equestria has faced for it is what people call an "Ice Age"

  • ...
1
 3
 815

The Glacier

Twilight, Spike and Rainbow were flying over snow covered Equestria.

Twilight and Rainbow had been flying for at least 30 min. while Spike was chilling on Twilight's back. They managed to reach the ice wall. They landed right in front of it.

Spike got off and investigated. Twilight observed it from top to bottom, then she realized what it was. "Guys, I think I know what this is." Twilight said.

This immediately caught Spike's attention. "What is it, Twilight?" "I believe it's a glacier" Twilight replied "A glacier?" Rainbow said.

"It's a large body of ice that moves very slowly across the ground under it's own weight. I read about it in a book" Twilight said "Of course" Rainbow said.

Twilight then noticed something. "But it's not moving" "Well, then it's not a glacier." Rainbow said, "It's just a wall of ice."

"That's true, but it could be something else" Twilight said. "Like what?" Rainbow asked.

"Well..." Twilight had to think about it. While they were arguing about if it's a glacier of not, Spike was still investigating.

But then he noticed something in the glacier's base. A crystal rock. Immediately, he started drewling and his stomach growled.

"Spike" He was caught off guard by Twilight. "Yes, Twilight?" "Can you listen and see if the glacier's still moving?" Twilight asked.

Spike nodded and put his ear against it's cold surface. He heard a low rumbling, signaling it was still moving. "Yep, it's moving" "Ha, told you" Twilight bragged.

"Okay, it's moving very slowly" Rainbow said disappointed, "So what." "That proves it's a glacier" Twilight said, "And I was right and you were wrong."

Rainbow just pouted. "Guys, can you come help me" Spike said. "With what, Spike?" Spike pointed to the crystal rock.

"Of course you need gems" Twilight said, "You silly, little dragon." Spike smiled and Twilight patted Spike on the head like he were a dog.

Then Twilight tried to remove the stone with her magic, but it wouldn't budge. She tried harder, but it still wouldn't budge.

Spike decided to help Twilight with it by pulling it out, but it still wouldn't budge. "Rainbow, could you come help us" Twilight asked her.

Rainbow decided to help them, even after loosing that argument, but Twilight was her friend, and no one quits on a friend.

Now, Rainbow was now tugging with Spike, but then Spike had an idea. "Stand back, I have an idea" Spike said to both of them.

Twilight and Rainbow flew back a few feet away from Spike. He took in a deep breath and spewed out fire.

The ice around the rock melted and Spike pulled the rock free. He was glad and he was about to dive into his prize, but then, he heard a cracking.

He looked and where the rock was, a crack formed just above where the rock was and it grew bigger and bigger, running up the face of the glacier.

When it reached the top the crack stopped, and a little piece of ice popped out at the top. Spike frowned and grew nervous. Then the glacier started moving.

Twilight and Rainbow had blank expressions on their face. The glacier started picking up speed and started throwing debris, like dirt and ice.

Spike immediately started running with Twilight and Rainbow behind him and soon, the three were running for their lives.

The glacier was going fast, almost as fast as they were. They kept dodging huge pieces of ice, rock, and earth.

Rainbow jumped into the air and started flying as fast as she could. Twilight took off, picked up Spike with her magic and flew as fast as she could, too.

Spike was still holding the crystal rock, but he was going to have to wait to eat it. He looked back and the glacier was right behind them.

"Go, Twilight, go!" Spike shouted "I'm going as fast as I can!" Twilight replied. Spike watched as a tree was flattened with ease. Then, he noticed something.

The glacier started slowing down, but it was still going fast and still throwing debris. "Hey, Twilight. The glacier slowed down" "Really?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, but it's still moving" Spike said "We need to stop it before it destroys Ponyville" Twilight said.

Spike nodded in agreement and they headed off to warn Ponyville of the coming danger.