• Published 23rd Aug 2019
  • 588 Views, 9 Comments

Clash of the Bolts: Battle for the Skies - Whooves235



Rainbow Dash was always a loyal Wonderbolt, but she was also a loyal marefriend to Applejack. When an old enemy returns from Rainbow and Equestria's past, will she be able to keep her marefriend out of danger, or will danger find them?

  • ...
4
 9
 588

Chapter 3

Lightning Dust was growing impatient; she had come all this way, and she was not going to leave empty-hooved. She walked over to the edge of the band stage and grabbed the microphone.

"I won’t ask again!" she shouted in an impatient tone. "Where are Rainbow Dash and Princess Celestia?"

Rainbow was hiding under her table. She knew that she and Applejack would have to fight Lightning Dust to escape the Gala, but she did not want innocent people to get hurt.

"Rainbow," Applejack said, "I am prepared to do whatever is necessary to get out of here."

"No way, you need to help everyone else!"

"Excuse me?!" Applejack said. "Rainbow, we have fought the likes of Tirek, Storm King, King Sombra, and much more. I don't think a regular pegasus will be any trouble."

"Applejack listen, I completely agree with you..."

"That's a first,” Applejack muttered under her breath.

"Hey, listen," Rainbow said, "I’m trying to say that this is my fight. Lightning is here for me and Celestia, and unless Celestia decides to do something, which I highly doubt, I need to take her myself."

"Fine… I understand," Applejack said. "But if we are going to escape, we need a distraction."

"Well..." Rainbow said with a grin on her face. "She came looking for me." She took a deep breath, came out from under her table, and headed toward Lightning Dust.

"Lightning Dust," Rainbow said. "It's been a while!"

Lightning Dust immediately turned toward Rainbow Dash. "Well, well, well, we finally meet Rainbow Dash."

"Lightning, what in Luna's name are you doing here?!" Rainbow said.

"I came looking for you, Rainbow," Lightning Dust said. "Me and you have a score to settle."

"Is this about the academy?" Rainbow asked, baffled. "Lighting, that all happened six years ago!"

"And after all these years I would never forgive you for what you did to me!" Lightning yelled.

"And now you think joining the Shadowbolts is a good idea," Rainbow demanded. "Lightning, those ponies are evil!"

"After Spitfire kicked me out of the Academy, I was heartbroken, I had nothing left," Lightning said. "I went home to tell my uncle the bad news. But then I was approached by a group of ponies who claimed to be part of a group called the Shadowbolts," she explained. "They took me to their base and introduced me to their leader. As soon as I saw them, I knew that I had found my calling."

"But why, Lightning? I mean, out of all the things you could have done, why join the Shadowbolts?"

"So I could have my revenge on you, Rainbow Dash! You took everything I was hoping to become from me! Not only did you get me kicked out, not only did you practically replace me, You became a Wonderbolt, something I was suppose to become!!!" Just then, Lightning Dust realized something she and Rainbow Dash were the only ones left in the room. "Where....Where did everypony go?!"

"Wow, I'm impressed," Rainbow said. "I thought you would have noticed that everyone was gone by now, but I guess your ego hasn’t changed." Then a blast of wind hit Rainbow and sent her flying across the room. Rainbow hit the wall.

"You took everything from me Rainbow Dash, so I think it's only fair to return the favor." Lightning bucked one of the stone pillars, causing it to crack, and the stone fell right on top of Rainbow Dash.

"GAHHH!" Rainbow screamed. "You bitch!"

"Oh, such harsh words, Rainbow, Lightning said. She pulled out a dagger and slashed Rainbow’s eye.

"AHHHHH!" Rainbow yelled, bleeding heavily from her eye.

"Now I'm a generous pony, so I’m just going to do you a favor...."

"When I get out of this pillar, you are dead!" Rainbow screamed.

"And how will you be able to do that unconscious?" Lightning bucked Rainbow right in the head, causing her to black out.

causing a pillar to fall on top of her. She was knocked out as soon as she hit the floor

Three Hours Later

Rainbow was trying to open her eyes, but the only thing she could see was a crystal ceiling. She could hear what sounded like a heart monitor. At that moment, she was shocked with a blast of magic from Twilight. She saw all of her friends around her, but what caught her eye was her fiancée with a bunch of flowers. She was immediately struck with a big smile.

"Oh my god, Dashie, I’m so glad you’re okay! When I found you, you were unconscious, and I was so worried about you," Applejack said before being interrupted by the others.

"Oh, darling, are you okay? You took quite a beating your eye says it all" Rarity said.

"I was worried you weren’t going to make it," Fluttershy said.

"Dash, we are all glad you’re okay. When Princess Celestia found you, you were badly hurt and unconscious, but she said you were going to make it," Twilight reassured her.

Rainbow smiled at all of her friends. She was for the most part feeling better. A bandage was around her left eye, and she felt something poking her abdomen. As she was about to get up she noticed something odd: she couldn’t feel her left wing.

"Why can't I feel my wing?" Rainbow said.

"Dash," Twilight said, "when Princess Celestia found you, your body was trapped under a column. When they pulled the pillar off, your wing was practically crushed. I'm afraid.....we had to cut it off.”

As soon as Dash heard that, she looked immediately to where her wing should have been. She realized right then and there that she would not only have to quit being a Wonderbolt, but would have to quit flying forever. As she looked at the metal wing attached to her, all she could do was cry.

"Dash, please don't cry. It's not your fault," Twilight said.

"No, *sniff* you're right. It's not my fault; it’s that bitch’s fault," Rainbow snarled, "and I'm going to make sure I return the favor."

Rainbow Dash looked to Applejack. She could see that Applejack was feeling the same pain she was. She leaned over to her fiancée and kissed her on the cheek.

"Dash, please, you need to rest. You’re in no condition to move," Applejack said.

"How long am I going to be here?"

"The doctor said you need to stay in bed for three days, but that was two days ago. I would say that you can get out of bed today, but you need to undergo wing therapy," Twilight said.

"Wing therapy?!" Rainbow groaned. "That's going to take forever!"

"Don't worry Dash, I got somepony to help you," Applejack said.

"It's not Pinkie, is it?" Rainbow said. "Because that would explain her absence."

"Dash, Pinkie and Starlight are in Yakyakistan, remember?" Applejack said. "And it's not Pinkie, it’s Doctor Whooves."

"Oh, that guy?" Rainbow said. "Are you sure he’s qualified?"

"Well, he is a Doctor," Fluttershy said.

"It's not exactly like that, but yes Rainbow he said he can definitely help you," Twilight said.

"Well then, it looks like everything is looking ok," Applejack said. Looking to Rainbow. The pony would look back to her, and would hope that what she said would be true. For she needed to fly if she was going to face Lightning Dust