• Published 23rd Jan 2023
  • 208 Views, 3 Comments

Notes of a Researcher - Kanthaka



A cryptic entry notes from an unknown researcher

  • ...
 3
 208

5th Month and 6th Month


Day 1st, 5th Month.

Lord Glycon is pleased with the result.

All we need now is an Earth pony.

The intelligence team suggested the drones to snatch one from the Lumber family.

They have the strongest magical affinity of earth themselves.

Hopefully the drones are not in trouble enough to kidnap one of them.


Day 7th, 5th Month.

The elite drones swiftly snatched an Earth Pony colt from the Lumber family.

Thankfully, the colt is not as noisy as Blue Nova's daughter, though he might be too scared to do anything reckless.


Day 15th, 5th Month.

I found something interesting yesterday : Apparently, Earth Pony can produce a lot of magic essence if they endure an extreme measure of pain and torture, which is excellent for getting a successful extraction.

Forceful tooth removal is a good method for this, as the colt reeks out the magic essence to heal the pain of having his tooth removed.


Day 22th, 5th Month.

Extraction complete.

In the end, I had to forcefully remove all the colt's teeth to get the maximum result.

Sent his dead body to the cremation team as usual.

Now that we have the genetic and magical material of an Unicorn, a Pegasus, and an Earth Pony, the Amalgamation Project will begin.


Day 30th, 5th Month.

The purpose of the Amalgamation Project is to create an Alicorn through artificial means.

By fusing the genetic and magical material of the Unicorn, Pegasus and Earth Pony, we will be able to extract the substance we need to construct and mold the design of Alicorn that we want.

This was one of Lord Glycon's goals that needed to be achieved at all costs.

If possible, we can create an Alicorn that is even more powerful than Celestia and Luna.


Day 5th, 6th Month.

Although the initial results of this amalgamation were not what we were looking for, we discovered a true miracle.

Instead of the Alicorn that we originally designed, we ended up creating an entire new type of pony.

This new type of pony is able to shift their own body into either Unicorn, Pegasus, or Earth Pony under certain conditions.

We are quite proud that we managed to discover the fourth type/tribe of pony.

All of the researchers found the perfect name for these artificial ponies that are able to shift between three types of ponies :

Shiftling.


Day 10th, 6th Month.

We temporarily stop the Amalgamation Project to further observe the Shiftlings as Lord Glycon ordered.

One thing to remember that they are not Changelings.

Changelings are born in their true insect form, with equine-like characteristics and the ability to shapeshift into any creature later on.

Shiftlings are ponies through and through; they have been to change their physical form entirely of their own choosing between Unicorn, Pegasus, or Earth Pony since their creation.

While Changelings have the ability to transform into anything they want, their magic and attributes are less effective when compared to genuine beings.

Shiftlings can fully utilize the magic and characteristics of the ponies they've been transformed into, but it seems they can't shift into anything other than those three types of ponies.

Even with Changeling Detector devices or spells, the Shiftlings are still identified as a genuine ponies.


Day 16th, 6th Month.

The Shiftlings are surprisingly obedient, if not a bit rebellious.

Though they act like normal ponies, they are more phlegmatic and composed.

They had already earned their cutie mark since the moment they were created.

Their cutie marks are always in the shape of a Triskelion, a Triquetra, or any type of triangular symbol, signifying their nature to be able to shift between three types of ponies.


Day 23th, 6th Month.

We held an experiment to see if they could ascend into an Alicorn.

It turns out to be impossible.

When we maximize their magical abilities, they can temporarily gain the power of an Alicorn, as well as features like unicorn horns, pegasus wings, and earth pony strength, but they ALWAYS lose control of themselves.

They start firing magical beams from their horns, creating tornadoes with their wings, and breaking through the facility walls with their strength.

We had no choice but to terminate them after the extent of the damage they caused.

We still have a few Shiflings in the containment cell, but I think they will stay there for a long time since their purpose is mundane research.