• Published 21st May 2019
  • 912 Views, 3 Comments

A Bright Day Of Fatherhood - Lonely Fanboy48



Bright Mac takes Applejack and Big Mac out in Ponyville for a long hike.

  • ...
4
 3
 912

Meeting The Cowgirl’s Revival

As Bright Mac, his son and daughter leave Sweet Apple Acres, they took a trail that leads to Ponyville. The weather is just as normal like any other day of the week. Birds flying over the trees along with bunnies hopping in the woods, nothing bad could ever happen to nature.

“I have to know Applejack.” Bright Mac replied while walking.

“What is it dad?” Applejack responded.

“Do one of your friends have a grudge against you, because Twilight told me something about Rainbow Dash once right?”

Big Mac, who’s been along with the walk decided to stay out of it. He may not know a lot about Rainbow Dash but he knows how Applejack trains herself. Applejack stopped walking with her eyes closed in annoyance.

She sighed with her head tilted down. “Yes, you’re right. I’ve got to say, I’m surprised it took you this long to talk about a mare who thinks she’s better than me.”

“Better than you?”

Applejack lifted her head up so she can be clear with her father. “When you were gone, me and Rainbow competed against each other every once in awhile. And during the Running Of The Leaves, she cheated several times.”

Her father never thought that one of her friends would ever do something cheap to become victorious. “Is that it?” He asked.

“I would go on and on, but I don’t want to waste our time.” Just when she was about to get back on their hike, her father stopped her by placing his hoof in her way. Applejack was confused but then again it’s been a long time since she saw her father being so serious at times.

“From what I heard, you’re the element of honesty and whenever I think of that, I demand my daughter to prove it.”

“So...what do you need from me?” Applejack wondered.

“I want to meet Rainbow Dash.” Her father answered.

“Why do you want to talk to her?” Big Mac chimed in a bit.

“Because, I wanted her to understand something about my daughter,” Bright Mac turned to his son. “Something I know Applejack never told her about.”

Applejack was taken aback from her father and she thought she was the only one in the family who’s the voice of truth.


Applejack lead her father where Rainbow Dash is relaxing during her Saturday off. She knows how lazy Rainbow can be when she isn’t with the Wonderbolts or reading her Daring Do books. Once they made it to where Rainbow is relaxing, she’s by a lake on her chair laying under the sun with her sunglasses on.

Applejack’s father gave the athletic, but egotistic mare the look. His eyes never looked away from Rainbow Dash. Big Mac had never been so impressed with his father’s aggression.

“Um Dad, are you alright?” Applejack said.

“I’m fine, just let me do the talking.” They went around the lake with Applejack and Big Mac following from behind. Once they get to the other side, Bright Mac’s son and daughter stood in place as he takes this all by himself. His shadow gets in Rainbow’s way, which she take notice of when she takes off her sunglasses.

“Oh…it’s you.” Rainbow retorted.

“So you do remember me?” Bright Mac retorted back. “And this is the first time you talked to me since I’ve returned.”

“So? You know, some ponies don’t need to meet their parents to understand them more.”

Applejack knew Rainbow wasn’t in a good mood when she’s not working out. By the tone she can hear from her, this is not going to end well especially when they began their hike ten minutes ago. Her father took offense from the mare’s opinion.

“Um...I’m sure you have parents who think otherwise, because me and my wife had a conversation with them.”

Rainbow’s eyes turned wide after hearing what Applejack’s father just said. Both Applejack and Big Mac became even more stressed, with their faces sweating.

“Are you sure Rainbow will understand what she’s dealing with?” Applejack whispered to her brother.

“Nope.” Big Mac whispered back.

Rainbow Dash got off her chair with her anger returning. “You had a conversation with my parents!” She shouted. “I thought you spent all your time in Sweet Apple Acres? Why would you go-“

She then gets cut off when Bright Mac places his hoof up at her lips. “I didn’t leave at all, my wife contacted them and they arrived at my farm.”

Rainbow pushed his hoof away from her face. “Why!?”

“Because Applejack always gets herself in a bad mood when she’s working her hooves off, thinking about you.”

Rainbow flew from the ground in frustration. “How does that have anything to do with my parents!?”

“They told me you always stay away from them, and my daughter AND son would never do that if I spend all my life in Sweet Apple Acres!”

While Applejack and Big Mac knew this turned ugly, they became shocked from the honesty of their father. Sure they worked with him, but always teamwork and never see everything in him.

Rainbow gets into Bright Mac’s face with her noise pressing against his. “You don’t even know everything about my parents, do you? Their over-supportive!”

“Then they’re doing their job right, so they can be sure you’re families need to know their friends!” He shouted in anger.

“WILL YOU TWO CALM DOWN!!!” Applejack interrupted which surprises her father and rival. She took a deep breath after everything she let out while her brother stayed silent.

“Dad.” Applejack getting in between Rainbow and her father. “Why are you fighting with Rainbow Dash? What’s the point of this?”

Just when her father is about to say a word, Rainbow answered in her growling voice. “Because my father got heartbroken when I denied him the chance of meeting yours.” Applejack turned to Rainbow with a huge jaw drop.

“What!??” Applejack was speechless from Rainbow telling the truth of all of this.

“After the Ponyville Confidential papers went to Cloudsdale about your parents reuniting , my parents called me about it. They desperately wanted to meet them badly and I didn’t want your parents to know mine are…you know…”

“Over-supportive cheerleaders?” Applejack answered.

“Yes…” Rainbow retorted quietly.

After that, Bright Mac was ashamed of himself. It took this long for this whole thing to come out. “She’s right...her father, Bow Hothoof felt if he was me, his daughter would hang out with him.”

The cowgirl’s voice somehow got lost in her vocal cords. For the first time in a longtime, Applejack’s father embarrassed her. Even if she was not part of the conversation with her family, she feared Rainbow’s parents might cause a feud like before, but even more chaotic.

“Does anypony think of what we went through enough from our last feud?” Big Mac asked to which everypony turned their attention on.

“Couldn’t get any obvious than that.” Rainbow added with her ears perked down.

Applejack facehoofed herself with this situation coming back to light, but with a different view instead. But it didn’t last long when her father fills in.

“Applejack, I’m sorry for almost causing another chapter.” He wrapped his hoof around his daughter’s neck. “Rainbow didn’t even mind a lot when I returned to see you in Twilight’s school. She’s more or less...excited or proud of you.”

Applejack understood what he meant, but it makes perfect sense. “Rainbow is always like that between the both of us. If it’s not me, her, and our other friends going out on a friendship mission or an activity, we always brag about ourselves.”

“And we never get along.” Rainbow added. “Sometimes it feels like we always stay far apart like two winds from causing a tornado.”

Rainbow got back on her chair laying in exhaustion. Both Applejack and her father made this first hiking experience turn into a screeching halt just when they started it. But Bright Mac had an idea to resolve this. He let go of Applejack and walked up to Rainbow who soon realized.

“Hey, I’m sorry that I got in your face.” He apologized.

“And sorry I wasn’t really cool with you. I guess my parents should’ve met you the way they wanted.” Rainbow spoked in her poor but sweet tone.

“That is something I was thinking of. Maybe later when we’re ready, can I have another conversation with your parents as long as your part of it?”

“Why?”

“So maybe we can get along just family and family? No competitions, no arguing, just my family and your family getting to know each other.”

Rainbow didn’t know what to expect Bright Mac offered. While she might get embarrassed, she can hope her parents are in listening moods when she’s by them.

As for Applejack, she smiled at her father. If she only talked to Rainbow’s parents before her parents returned about this, it would make less sense of this competitive rivalry.

“Rainbow Dash.” She said which Rainbow turned to. “You need to respect my parents for the most.”

“I know...I’ll talk to my parents about it.” Rainbow signed.

“Thanks.” Applejack gave Rainbow a hug which she accepts it. “Sorry we bothered your time off.”

“It’s alright. You did this a couple times before and I’m starting to get used to it.” Rainbow smiled.

After they broke the hug, Bright Mac gave Rainbow his normal, but nice look he gave to so many ponies he met. “I’ll promise, everything will be good between the both of us.”

“And I got a feeling my father might wanna know a lot about you.” Rainbow boasted.

Bright Mac giggled as he gives Rainbow a hoof bump. As Rainbow puts her sunglasses back on, relaxing back on her chair, Applejack, Big Mac and their father get back into their hike. While their first stop wasn’t the best, at least it hadn’t ruined it. With another conversation, they have planned they be able to resolve this whole competitive nature between Rainbow’s family, but only time will tell when the aftermath happens.