• Published 11th May 2019
  • 884 Views, 12 Comments

Winning Her Heart - AnonyMiss



Rainbow likes Twilight, and plans to confess, but Twilight meets Star Hunter, and things take a turn. Can Rainbow win Twilight over?

  • ...
5
 12
 884

Good Thing I Like A Challenge

ONE WEEK LATER

"Is she still obsessing over that boy? It's been over a week!" Rarity whispered to Pinkie. All the of the EG squad were at their usual lunch table, by the window. Twilight was off in her own fantasy world, probably thinking about him. "She can't help it, Rarity! It's true love." Pinkie declared.

Rainbow Dash was pretty quiet too, she was busy thinking about her own things. Like, how she's going to win Twilight over. It's been over a week since they met Star Hunter, and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get Twilight to stop thinking about him. Twilight already told the rest of the gang about her little crush on the guy she never even got another chance to see. She still doesn't even know his name! Rainbow Dash knew his name, from meeting him a couple days ago, but she'll never tell. If Twilight knew his name, it'll be easier for them to meet again, and she didn't want that.

Rainbow Dash heard Rarity's and Pinkie's little conversation, and it made her feel even worse. Twilight will never like me.. She thought.

"Twilight, snap out of it. Ya've been dazed off for five minutes now!" Applejack waved her hands in front of Twilight's face, it seemed to work. "Oh, sorry guys. I-I...I'm just tired, that's all." Twilight chuckled nervously.

"Yeah right! You're probably thinking about that guy again. Tell us more about him!" Sunset Shimmer giggled.

"Alright..well..I only met him once. From what I can remember, he had messy blue hair, and beautiful blue eyes. I can't really remember much besides that." Twilight tried to cover up her face with the her two hands. Thinking about him made her blush.

Rainbow Dash had enough of this talk about him, so she decided to leave. "Guys, I just remembered I forgot something really important that I have to do, so I'll meet up with you later. Bye!" True to her name, she dashed off pretty quickly.

"Well she was in quite the rush. What's up with her lately?" Sunset asked as she watched the rainbow-haired high schooler exit the cafeteria.

"I don't know..maybe Rainbow Dash just wants to study in the library?" Fluttershy suggested. "We have that big biology test today."

"Ya sure we're talkin' 'bout the same Rainbow Dash? She never studies until the last minute." Aj said. Everyone nodded in agreement. "Ah'm sure she's fine. She'd tell us if somethin' was botherin' her."

Everyone went back to talking about Twilight's crush, pestering her with silly questions about him.

"This is going to be a long day.." Twilight sighed.


Rainbow Dash didn't have something important to do. She just wanted to get away from all the talk about Star Hunter. Right now she was sitting at the roots of a tree. It was another popular and great spot to relax and think.

That guy drives me nuts. And I've only met him twice!

As if on cue, the one person Dash wanted to see the least, approached her. "Hey, you look sad, I can practically see a storm cloud hovering over your head. What's up?"

Rainbow looked up and saw Star Hunter. Great, it's him.

"What are you doing here? This is school grounds, you shouldn't be here." Rainbow snapped. Hopefully, that will make him want to go away.

"Actually, I attend this school."

That definitely caught Rainbow's attention. "You attend Canterlot High?"

Ugh, just what I needed..now they're obviously going to meet again. Why are all the odds not in my favor?

"Yeah, I do. I transferred here in December." Star Hunter explained.

"I guess I didn't see you around. Welcome to our school...I guess." Rainbow gave a half-hearted welcome.

"Hey, what's up with you?"

"Excuse me?" Rainbow didn't know if that was an insult, or a question.

"What's up with you? Whenever I talk to you, you're very...how do I say this nicely? Rude." Star Hunter said.

"Well, I....Ugh! Can you just leave me alone? Nobody asked you! My life isn't any of your business!" Rainbow Dash regretted what she said as soon as she heard her own words, and saw Star Hunter's hurt expression.

I really should stop doing that to him. She thought to herself.

"Oh..I see. Um.. I'll leave you to yourself then." Star Hunter turned to leave, but stopped when Rainbow called after him.

" Hey wait! Look, I'm really sorry," she began. "I don't mean to come off as rude..I. I'm just having one heck of a week."

"It's okay, I have times like that, too." Star Hunter sat down besides Rainbow. The two sat there, on the grass, in comfortable silence for a few minutes.

He's so sweet and understanding. No wonder Twi likes him. It'll be hard to win her over, when this is my competition.

Suddenly, the bell rang. All the CHS students that were spending their lunch break time outdoors went inside, leaving Rainbow Dash and Star Hunter alone.

Good thing I like a challenge.


"What's it called when a cell multiplies by dividing itself into two parts?"

Rainbow Dash was in the classroom, taking the biology test she obviously didn't come prepared for.

Man, I'm so screwed. Why didn't I study?

Rainbow Dash caught a glimpse of Twilight through the corner of her eye.

Wonder what she's thinking about.. Twilight seemed to be very focused on her test.

Probably the test...she's so smart. One thing I like about her, she's not ashamed of being an egghead. Rainbow Dash chuckled. She tried to focus on the test, but failed. Twilight was too distracting. A very cute and adorable egghead.. She smiled. A soon-to-be mine, egghead.

"Rainbow Danger Dash!"

That caught her attention.

"Y-yes, ma'am?"

"Stop starring at Ms. Sparkle for once, and focus on finishing your test. You only have seventeen minutes left."

Rainbow Dash could hear snickers from around the classroom. She could feel her face burning up.

"Yes ma'am, sorry ma'am."

Mitosis, that's the answer... Rainbow hesitated for a moment.

I...think.

Author's Note:

Whew, third chapter out!

I've been working on it, but I kinda forgot to publish it....hehe. :twilightblush:

Got any ideas for the fourth chapter? Let me know!