• Published 7th May 2019
  • 1,056 Views, 9 Comments

Overprotective Sist... Friend - Jhoira



Rainbow Dash moves Flitter into her house. Flitter is less than amused.

  • ...
3
 9
 1,056

Awkard Morning After (May 11th, Saturday morning.)

Flitter yawned quietly as she opened her eyes and froze as she felt strong legs and wings wrapped around her. The previous night came flooding back to her and she looked up at the other pony holding her... A lot closer than she'd remembered being held last night. She found herself minding a lot less than she had at first last night. Was it because she decided this wasn't actually the worst idea ever? Or was it because she actively had enjoyed being close to someone besides her sister. She had never had those kinds of thoughts about her sister that was quite disturbing! She knew people loved to make the most innocent thing into dirty things, and being on the receiving end of it always put her in a bad mood.

Though it occurred to Flitter now that she wasn't in the middle of an emotional episode. This might have just been Rainbow Dash's clumsy attempt at comforting her as she was being a bit of a... Well, she wasn't quite depressive but she hadn't been a happy pony. Rainbow Dash and her friends... No, honestly pretty much all ponies were more touchy-feely than Flitter. Flitter was always happy to hug the kids she looked after but she was a bit more standoffish with anyone besides her sister. She tolerated it with Fluttershy since she was a good friend. And sometimes yes, a hug felt nice, but most the time she preferred a hoofshake. Flitter's train of thought was interrupted by that creature her thoughts were centered on.

"Hey Flitter. You feeling better?" Rainbow Dash smiled down at the other pony, younger pony...? Older?... How old was Cloud Chaser again? They were about the same age anyway, but Rainbow Dash couldn't help feel like she was protecting the other pony from... Something last night. She wasn't great at the emotional issues but she had noticed that Flitter had calmed down a bit more when she'd had company, especially close company. Flitter was a bit of a cutie, and how she ate that croissant was absolutely adorable, when she was here in her hooves... Rainbow Dash gave herself a mental slap, this was Chaser's little sister! Her -special- little sister! She would skin anyone alive for messing with her like that!

Though Rainbow Dash wasn't messing with anyone here, she was... Not sure what it was really. Was it her agreement with Chaser that made her want to protect her little sister, Flitter's vulnerability last night and the natural protective instinct towards any other living thing, or was Flitter different. Rainbow Dash had had special someponies before, nothing particularly serious but she did, as they said, fly for both sides. Though she didn't even know if Flitter was interested in other mares really. She should definitely shelf this until she could at least talk to Chaser about it, and with any luck Flitter would leave it be until, wait, was that her name?

Rainbow Dash blinked and looked down as Flitter raised an eyebrow, obviously waiting for an answer of some kind. Rainbow Dash grinned a bit awkwardly. "Uh, sorry, what was that?" Why did she zone out after literally asking Flitter a question? That was foolish.

Flitter squirmed a bit. "Yes I'm feeling better, but can I get up?"

Rainbow Dash chuckled a little awkwardly extracting herself from Flitter and nodding. "Oh yeah, sorry." She climbed down off the bed and licked her lips awkwardly. "Well, yeah, sorry about last night."

Flitter got up and rolled off the bed herself, somewhat reluctantly, it was sinfully comfortable. "Hey, that's my line, I was the one who overreacted."

Rainbow Dash just gave a non-committal shrug as she looked off to the side. "Well, I'm glad you're feeling better. Do you need anything? Have any plans? I think I'm gonna go for a morning fly really quick." She was planning on flying over and having a chat with Chaser about all this. She didn't want to step on Chaser's hooves or upset her but... Well, she wasn't going to say she was interested in pursuing Flitter but she certainly would feel better if she knew that the option was open or closed to her.

Flitter shook her head a bit. "Oh no, my Saturdays are free, I usually read or go out with some friends. I could go see Fluttershy." To Flitter's surprise, Rainbow Dash nodded encouragingly, but then again perhaps she just wanted Flitter to unload her emotional baggage on Fluttershy instead of her. Flitter couldn't fight back a sardonic smile at that, she was probably ascribing too much malice to Rainbow Dash but she didn't doubt that Rainbow Dash would like to avoid going through that episode again. She rubbed her eyes with her hooves, she needed to try to get more sleep, she was always overly emotional when she didn't get enough sleep, and all this stress from Cloudy being hurt was not helping her sleeping. She slept pretty well last night... "That was because the bed was comfortable!" Flitter's eyes widened as she realized she'd just said that out loud.

"Huh? Oh yeah, it's great isn't it?" Rainbow Dash grinned at Flitter, apparently not reading anything into the statement beyond a compliment of her bed, thankfully for Flitter. "It took me a few weeks to get all the softest cloud whisps together for this thing." Rainbow Dash plumphed her face right into the bed before raising it back up. "Hah! Barely felt a thing! You know it wouldn't take us too long to get enough to make you a bed out of it, yours is a good bit smaller than mine."

Filter grinned, almost bouncing at the thought of having such a bed. "Ooh! We'll need... Er... I'll need to work on that! Where'd ya get the clouds?"

"Oh don't worry about "I'll" I'll help you with it!" Rainbow Dash paused. "Well, that sounded weird. You don't need to do it alone Flitter, I'll help."

Flitter smiled and nodded. "Thanks." Well, this ended a lot less awkwardly than it could have after last night, maybe Rainbow Dash was just taking a leaf out of Cloudy's book, heck, for all Flitter knew Cloudy told Rainbow Dash how Cloudy dealt with Flitter's break downs. Er... Episodes, not break downs. Flitter hated to use that word herself, it made her sound weak, and she wasn't weak dang it!... Though she did want to go see Fluttershy now. "So yeah, I think I'm gonna go see Fluttershy for a bit. Wanna see Cloudy with me later today?" Wait, why had she invited Rainbow Dash...?

Rainbow Dash nodded, she'd have to ask Chaser not to mention the conversation she was intending to have with her this morning but oh well. "Yeah, after lunch?"

"Sure." Flitter smiled and trotted out of the other ponies room, and humming a bit more happily to herself made her way out of the cloudominium.

After checking to make sure that Flitter was gone Rainbow Dash literally slapped herself across the muzzle with her wing. "Really? Really Rainbow Dash? After deciding to shelve it until you talk to Chaser you just had to stare at her flank as she left, didn't you? Pervert." Rainbow Dash grinned, as much as she berated herself for the act, she didn't really regret it.