• Published 7th May 2019
  • 1,057 Views, 9 Comments

Overprotective Sist... Friend - Jhoira



Rainbow Dash moves Flitter into her house. Flitter is less than amused.

  • ...
3
 9
 1,057

Two Little Talks (May 11th, Saturday morning.)

"And then I came here." Flitter took a few more steps before turning back around to look at Fluttershy from Flitter's pacing. She was a little annoyed that all of Fluttershy's little pets were listening in but there wasn't much that could be done about that. Flitter needed Fluttershy's advice, she knew Rainbow Dash, she'd know what that was all about and she could confirm that Rainbow Dash was just being a good friend/host/whatever they were, not trying to put the moves on Flitter. When she noticed Fluttershy's bright blush Flitter tilted her head to the side. "What?"

"Uh... Flitter...? You... Just spent five minutes describing Rainbow Dash's body and how she held you..."

"No, I didn't!" Flitter would have said more before she thought back on her description and while Fluttershy might have been exaggerating slightly she wasn't wrong... "Uh... W-Well... I... was distracted!"

Fluttershy grinned at Flitter, holding a large pillow in her lap, squeezing it happily, still blushing brightly. "You are totally in love with Rainbow Dash!"

Flitter opened her mouth before taking a deep breath, anyone else would have gotten an earful but she couldn't yell at Fluttershy, it was like kicking a puppy. "No Fluttershy I'm not in love with Rainbow Dash." Fluttershy didn't openly contradict her friend but the wide grin plastered across her face definitely was passively contradicting her, causing Flitter to get a bit more defensive. "I-I'm not!" Fluttershy simply continued to smile. "W-What!? I'm not going on about her because I love her! I was going on because... Because I was worried that she's now in love with me! I mean, she didn't let me go right when we woke up like I said."

Fluttershy continued to sit there quietly. "What? I already told you I didn't actually enjoy it! I just... It was comforting is all! And she is very strong... And beauti... Dang if Fluttershy stop prying!" Fluttershy normally would have reacted poorly to being snapped at but she simply continued to watch her friend. "It's not like I am even into mares!..." At that, though Fluttershy did raise an eyebrow. "Uh... Fine! I am! Why did I lie there? I told you that three years ago..." Flitter shook her head and looked back at Fluttershy. "You're not going to convince me that Rainbow Dash would be a good match Fluttershy!”

Fluttershy tilted her head to the side still smiling. ”Flitter I've only said one thing. You were convincing yourself.” Flitter blushed brightly and looked to the side, grumbling something quietly before sighing.

”Fiiiiine. I might... -might- have a thing for Rainbow Dash... But it's purely physical! I mean she's hot. Not just cute like you Shy, really hot. But it's nothing more.”

”Mhmm, how have you been sleeping recently?”

Flitter rolled her eyes. ”You know I don't sleep well Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy nodded. ”You said you slept well last night.”

”That’s because Rainbow Dash’s bed is amazing!” As Fluttershy smiled at Flitter she shook her head. ”Oh no! You're not tricking me into that again!”

Fluttershy smiled. ”You could test it you know...” Flitter opened her mouth to deny such a suggestion but issued, closing it and eyeing her friend. ”Invite her to spend the night in your bed. Then you'll see.”

Flitter just gaped at Fluttershy. Only she could suggest such a thing without realizing exactly how that would sound. Though the concept itself was a sound idea she wasn't going to just invite Rainbow Dash to sleep with her. However, the idea would prove her vindication! Flitter smiled at Fluttershy. ”And when I do you'll drop this ”you're in love with Rainbow Dash?” thing, right?”

Fluttershy nodded. ”Of course.”

Flitter smiled as she started towards the door. ”Thanks for the talk Fluttershy, it helped. Even if you're wrong.”

Fluttershy smiled and gave her friend a hug, one of the few that Flitter returned genuinely, not with the half-hearted tolerance she usually did. Fluttershy patted Angel Bunny on the head as he hopped up beside her. ”See Angel Bunny? Sometimes people just need to talk it out for themselves.”

*-----*

Rainbow Dash smiled as she cantered up to Cloud Chaser’s bed. ”Hey T...”

”Don't you dare!”

”Hey, Tail Chaser. How are you feeling?”

Cloud Chaser rolled her eyes good-naturedly. ”I'm doing good today, how're you and Flitter?"

"I'm good..." The obviously hesitant response caused Cloud Chaser to sit up a bit straighter, eyeing her friend. "But Flitter... Had... A bit of an episode."

Rainbow Dash could see the sheets bunch up as Cloud Chaser raised her hooves from under them, attempting to push her covers down off of her, Rainbow Dash flinched as she saw Cloud Chaser's difficulty with controlling her legs even that much, she wasn't sure of the medical term but the lightning bolt had really done a number on Cloud Chaser's nervous system. "I knew she couldn't manage without me... I have to..." She sighed and let her head fall back onto the pillows that she had only managed to escape by inches. "I'm stuck here..."

Rainbow Dash flinched as she watched her friend struggle. ”I took care of her though! Like I promised! You don’t need to worry about anything except getting better Chaser.”

Cloud Chaser smiled at Rainbow Dash. ”Oh good, I'm guessing that medded up me still managed to tell you about how to calm her down. Good.”

Rainbow Dash let out a nervous chuckle. ”Well not really but... I just did what worked on Fluttershy when we were younger...”

Cloud Chaser nodded. ”Well, you said it worked so that'll do then. Do you know if she's been sleeping well? She had trouble sleeping and she can get more... Prone to outbursts when she's sleep deprived.”

Rainbow Dash shook her head. ”Overall I dunno bit she slept really well last night.” At the raised eyebrow she explained. ”Well, I finally got her to calm down by giving her some...” Rainbow Dash sighed. ”I cuddled her like I used to Fluttershy when she was bullied.”

Much to Rainbow Dash’s surprise Cloud Chaser wasn't at all upset. ”That's how I help her through her episodes too!” Cloud Chaser snickered a bit. "I'm a little surprised she tolerated it, she's not the touchiest feely pony. Hm... Not the touchy feeliest pony."

Rainbow Dash gave a non-committal shrug. "Though... I do think we should tell her how bad off you are Chaser..."

Cloud Chaser shook her head as best she could. "Well, it's not like I'm dieing! It'll just take a bit longer to recover fully."

"A year is not "a bit longer" Chaser."

Chaser groaned and nodded. "Yeah... But we should give her... A month or something to get used to not being home, ok?"

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes but nodded. "Fine, it's your call. But you wait more than... Two months and -I'm- telling her. She's worried you're going to die in here like..." Rainbow Dash broke off with a cough.

"Like our mother." Rainbow Dash nodded, worried of getting a very negative reaction from Chaser like from Flitter but she didn't seem to be overly bothered. "Yeah, I was worried she might draw that connection." When Rainbow Dash let out a relieved sigh Chaser gave a small grin. "You're terrible."

"Wha..."

"You're glad I didn't break down like Flitter did aren't ya?" Rainbow Dash flushed brightly and opened her mouth to be indignant but never got there. "Sorry Dash." Cloud Chaser was smiling sadly at Rainbow Dash, causing her to tilt her head curiously, all offense forgotten.

"Sorry?"

"I shouldn't have saddled you with Flitter, I'll send a letter to dad about her going home for a while."

Rainbow Dash shook her head a bit more virulently than was strictly called for. "Nah Chaser, it's fine. It was only one night, and she was doing better this morning. You -did- save my life. Or at the very least from a far worse injury." It was true, though they weren't sure that it would have killed Rainbow Dash the bolt would have hit her center of mass instead of off-center through the left wing like it did Cloud Chaser after she pushed Rainbow Dash out of the way, and that still set Cloud Chaser down for a year. "And she makes great food."

Cloud Chaser chuckled. "She does. And fine, so long as you're confident you can handle it."

"And I have Fluttershy to help if I can't. Besides, doesn't your dad still live in Cloudsdale? I mean I wouldn't want to have her that far away." After a moment Rainbow Dash realized what she'd said. "From her job!"

Cloud Chaser grinned widely. "Oh, from her job?"

Rainbow Dash flushed a bit, she had intended to bring the topic up but not like that. "Uh... Well..."

"I think cuddling her put some ideas into your head!"

"No! I just... Well... Maybe kind of..."

Cloud Chaser chuckled. "She is a pretty girl, isn't she? Just be careful, she can be a bit sharp, which you probably found out."

"Uh... So you don't have an issue with this...?"

Cloud Chaser chuckled, shaking her head faintly. "No, she's an adult ya dunce, she can make her own decisions." She smiled at her friend. "Oh, though do be careful, if you do have a huge fallout it could be hard for us to be friends, because unless she stabs you in the middle of the night I'm probably going to side with her."

Rainbow Dash nodded seriously then chuckled. "But if she stabs me in the middle of the day you'll side with her?"

"Well yeah, you should have seen it coming and dodged it, it's your own doing." They both burst out laughing and Rainbow Dash shook her head standing up.

"Well I should get back, Flitter wants to come and see you later and she wanted me to come, so... Maybe don't tell her about this conversation?"

Cloud Chaser shook her head. "Well I can not tell her, but it'll be hard for you to tell her how you know I have a wing treatment this afternoon and will be unavailable."

"Crap!"

"Yeah, that's what happens when you sneak around behind people's backs Crash."

Rainbow Dash stuck her tongue out at her friend. "Oh now that was a low blow."

Cloud Chaser grinned. "Let me have my little pleasures."

Rainbow Dash grumbled but nodded. "Get better Chaser, I still owe you."

"Heh, I was saving a friend, you'd have done the same. See ya Dash."

"Bye Chaser."