• Published 27th Apr 2019
  • 1,040 Views, 37 Comments

Sunset Shimmer's New Groove - PrimalEmperor626



When Sunset Shimmer is betrayed by her vice president and changed into a beast, can she get her throne back and turn over a new leaf or will she end up stuck as a beast for all time?

  • ...
1
 37
 1,040

Twilight and Spike's First Day / New Friends

A car comes up to the grounds of Canterlot High. A door opens and out comes a girl of average build. She has lavender skin, back-length violet hair let down with a pink streak down the left side, and amethyst eyes. She is wearing a baby blue blouse with small puffy sleeves and a small red bow below her neck, a purple skirt with a hot pink six-pointed star on the left side, and a pair of purple boots with a magenta sock above each, a double diamond down the shins and black soles. She also has a blue backpack on her back.

Before she could take even two steps, a purple boy with green hair and eyes leaped out of the car after. He is wearing a lime green t-shirt with a deep purple sweater, and gray-blue shorts, and white and purple shoes with two bright green straps. She turned to her brother, annoyed that he was going to follow her on the school ground.

"Spike," The girl chided. "you really gotta start mingling with other people your age. With any luck, this school may be better than the previous one."

"Hope the students here are warmer and friendlier than those preppers we left behind." Spike muttered. The window on the driver's side rolled down. The head of a woman stuck out. She has lilac skin, light blue eyes, and light purple hair with white streaks. This is their mother, Velvet Sparkle.

"I'll pick you up as soon as I can, Twilight and Spike." She called to the girl, their names now revealed to the audience of this story. "Make some friends while you're here."

"We'll try, Mom," Twilight replied to mom as they walked off, waving goodbye. "Love you!" They called out. Soon Twilight's mother closed the window and drove away.

Remember the new student I mentioned at the end of the previous chapter? This is her. Her name's Twilight Sparkle. Don't be fooled by her friendly demeanor. She played a role in my fall from grace. Oh, and the little guy's her brother Spike.

Twilight took a deep breath and walked on past the statue, only to feel a thump on her head. She looked down to see... a clog shoe? She picked it up, right when she heard a voice.

"Excuse me, new blood, that's mine." Twilight and Spike looked up to see the same green girl Sunset threw out. She clearly landed on the horse statue.

"Here you go." Twilight said as she handed back her clog.
Thank you." The green girl replied in gratitude. Twilight and Spike welcomed her in turn. Before they could take even two steps, the reality of the situation hit them like a hammer and turned back to lend a hand.

"Oh my gosh, are you alright?" Twilight frantically. The green girl thanked her again as she dusted herself off.

"What happened to you?" asked Spike.

"I... threw off President Sunset's groove." She confessed nervously. The siblings raised a brow.

"Her what?" Twilight and Spike asked in puzzlement.

"Her Groove. The rhythm in which she lives her life, her pattern of behavior. I accidentally threw it off, and she hurled me out the second-floor window as a result." The green girl explained in panic.

"She did that?!" Twilight replied in shock, looking to the second-floor window. "Harsh. Anyway, We're new here and we need to get our class assignments right about now."

"Head to Principal Celestia's office. You're more than welcome to ask the students and staff for directions, though." The green girl added, pointing her thumb to the doors.

"We'll do just that. Thanks." Twilight added in gratitude. Suddenly the green girl grabbed in the shirt collar in panic.

"WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T THROW OFF PRESIDENT SUNSET SHIMMER'S GROOVE!" She shouted in fear.

"Uhhh... duly noted." Twilight said, shocked by her response. The green girl released her grip and walked back to the school.

"Beware her groove!" The green girl added.

"You'll be okay, though, right?" Twilight and Spike asked in concern.

"Groove..." The green girl waved her hand ominously as she walked away.

"Ooooo....kay..." Twilight uttered in uncertainty. She shook her head and they got right to walking into the Canterlot High.

See what I mean, folks? Twilight may not look it, but she's trouble. But as bad as she is, Twilight's got nothing on Vignette. ...where *is* my vice-president, anyway?

In the hallway on her way to your presidential office.

Thank you for spoiling it, Pinkie.

You're welcome!


As Twilight and Spike wandered the hallways, the students around her were minding their businesses. She spotted a group and approached them. Among them are an adult woman with ghostly blue skin, long wavy ultramarine blue hair just past her butt, and teal-green eyes. She is wearing midnight blue pants, pointed white shoes bright purple designs on them, and a mulberry short-sleeved shirt with a white collar showing an indigo crescent. In her hands are a clipboard and pencil.

"Excuse us," Twilight called out. The teens and woman turned to see the new girl. "We're looking for the principal's office for our class assignments. We're new here and need directions."

The blue woman pointed to her left and told her "Down this hallway, take two lefts and enter the third door on your lefts."

"Thanks," Spike replied as they walked off in the advised direction.

"Hmmm..." The blue woman pondered the newcomers. "Been a while since we had new students coming here..."

In case anybody's wondering, the night-colored woman is Luna, vice-principal to Celestia, and she's my aunt. She's the more hands-on, and fiercer of the two, and her shouts would make Vikings proud. She's a no-nonsense type, as to be expected of her job. Not to mention aunt Luna's the least likely to embarrass me, so I got that going for me.

As they trekked down the (currently) student-filled halls, they started to hear a pair of specific voices, one timid, the other hostile. As they peeked around the corner, they saw Vignette talking down to another girl. She has flowing pink hair, baby blue eyes, light yellow skin, and is wearing a white sleeveless t-shirt, a chartreuse skirt with pink fringe and a pair of butterfly designs on it, and white-soled boots of the same color with pink polka-dot socks just below her knees.

The pink-haired one was backed into a locker wall. The reason? Vignette. The siblings scowled at the scene unfolding.

"Well, I did!" Vignette barked at her. "You should better than to take things that don't belong to you!"

Twilight and Spike sneered at the pompous blogger's treatment of the shy girl.

"The crown doesn't really belong to you, either. Sunset won it fair and square." She whispered.

"Excuse me?!" hollered Vignette as she slammed her palms on the lockers, startling the nervous nelly.

"Nothing!" she quickly answered as she slowly slid down.

"That's what I thought!" The blogger hissed. "You really are pathetic. It's no wonder your real friends are actual animals in that hovel of a shelter!"

Not taking it anymore, they decided to take a stand.

"How dare you speak to her that way!" Twilight called out to Vignette, who turned her head her way.

"What did you say?!" She asked demandingly. As the two girls and boy faced each other, faces a foot apart, a few other students back away slowly.

"She said, 'how dare you speak to her that way!'" Spike said defiantly. Vignette noticed the boy with her, then turned her attention back to Twilight with a frown, while turned into a smirk.

"You two must be new here." Vignette said, flicking her finger on Twilight's nose before passing the siblings. "With Sunset's influence, I can say whatever I want anyway I please." As she walked, she spotted a teenage boy with a beanie named Normal Norman, who closed himself in a locker when Vignette cast a hard glare. She moved on and turned a corner, followed by Norman leaving his locker once the coast was clear.

"I can't believe you two did that!" The pink-haired girl said in surprise and gratitude.

"We couldn't just stand here and do nothing," Twilight told her.

"It's just that nobody stands up to Vignette Valencia. Except for Sunset Shimmer, that is. Wonder where she is." She added. The mention of Sunset got their attention.

"The senior president of the school?" Twilight inquired. "Let me guess, Vignette back there," she pointed her left thumb the way she went. "is the vice president?" The shy girl nodded.

"I've never seen you two seen you around here. Did you transfer here from another school?" She asked.

"Yes, we did, from the city," Twilight answered. "My name's Twilight Sparkle, and this," she gestured to Spike. "is my little brother, Spike."

"Nice to meet ya." He replied with a wave.

"I'm... Fluttershy." She finally introduced herself, though barely.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Twilight asked, cupping a hand to her ear.

"It's Fluttershy!" She whispered as she backed away.

"Could you speak up, pretty please?" Spike pleaded with his puppy eyes, which won her over. Fluttershy relaxed and took a big breath.

"I'm Fluttershy." She repeated, albeit more audibly.

The pink-haired pacifist here? That would be Fluttershy. Bit of a doormat most of the time, but she's really good with animals. She's part of the Eco-Kids, a group dedicated to supporting the environment. I may not be all that namby-pamby with their ideas, but I approve of living in a cleaner, more sustainable world. One more thing, though: When pressed into action, Fluttershy has this "stare" that can pierce right into your soul. Learned that the hard way when I shouted at her rabbit Angel in agitation. Dunno what that bunny's problem is with me.

Suddenly, the bell rang, startling the three.

"Oh my gosh, I'm late for class!" Fluttershy exclaimed. "Do you know where the principal's office is?" The siblings explained they were already told as they went their separate ways... for now.

As Spike and Twilight reached the door, they knocked it thrice.

"Come in." a voice within responded. She opened the door and they entered the office. Celestia was currently focused on some paperwork in a file.

"How may I help you?" she asked, still not looking up from the file.

"Well, we... um... whew." Twilight stuttered. Spike rolled his eyes at her fumbling. Celestia then put the file down to focus on them, even giving an expression of "well?". Soon Twilight gathered her wits and got started.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle." She introduced.

"And I'm her brother Spike." He said.

"We're new here and came to get our class assignments," Twilight added.

"New students?" Celestia inquired. "Splendid! It's been quite a while since we had any new students enroll here." She got up and walked to the file cabinet to bring out their application papers. "Are you interested in running for Princess of the Fall Formal?"

The question surprised Twilight and Spike, particularly the former.

"Princess of the Fall Formal?" She inquired.

"It's Canterlot High's biggest event." Principal Celestia explained.

"Like the so-called Friendship Games Crystal Prep wins every four years?" Spike piped up. Celestia perked up at the mention of the name.

"Yes, but annually," Celestia answered. "Anyway, since you're new to this place, I will call in someone who knows this place like the back of her hand, second to me and Luna, that is." She held her finger down upon the intercom button.


Sunset, like the rest of the school, was currently on a break in her presidential office, playing Dino Crisis 2 during the Triceratops chase mini-game on her PlayStation 2. Suddenly the speakers screeched to life, getting the attention of not only Sunset but the entire school.

"Attention, Sunset Shimmer, please report to my office, for you have two new students to tour around the school. That is all." Celestia announced. The announcement of new students has created a stir in the student body and the staff alike. It had been two years since more students came to enroll at Canterlot High school. Sunset tunned off her game system and walked out of her office.


While the newcomers waited, Twilight and Spike took notice of three portraits, all of one person: Sunset Shimmer. Celestia looks in their direction.

"That's my daughter, Sunset Shimmer, and princess of the Fall Formal for three years." She explained to them. The two could not believe their ears.

"You're Sunset's mom?!" Twilight said in disbelief. "I thought she's the school president."

"Oh, my little Sunshine's both," Celestia said. Suddenly, a groan of irritation tore the air, and they turned their heads to see Sunset enter the office, dragging her hand down her face as she did.

"Please don't call me that, mother." She whined. "It's embarrassing!" Then she noticed the siblings. "Oh. You must be newbies. I'm Sunset Shimmer, school president and reigning Fall Formal Princess."

"Twilight Sparkle." She introduced herself, albeit apprehensively. "That's my brother Spike."

"How's it going?" He asked innocently.

"So! Let's get that tour in motion, shall we?" Sunset quickly said, urging the two out before her mother could embarrass her any further.

"Something tells me Sunset's time with Twilight will be quite the life-changer for her." Celestia said, shaking her head in amusement.

Oh Mom, if you only knew how right you are...

Author's Note:

I admit I find Vignette to be interestin' in terms of design, but in her role as a villain? Not so much. Makes Juniper Montage look like a well-written antagonist (which isn't sayin' much). And I thought, what if I put Vignette in the shoes of EG1 Sunset? So, here it is.

The green girl will be a called that and her name won't be revealed until the end of the story. I bet some o' y' all had figured who that is by now, but please no spoilers.

And also in this alternate universe, Spike's a human instead of a dog, not that I mind. Here's the appearance I picked. https://www.deviantart.com/thecheeseburger/art/Human-Spike-Equestria-Girls-515911925

And no worries, I have another chapter underway.

Constructive advice for improvement is welcome. And no flames!