• Published 25th Apr 2019
  • 1,623 Views, 12 Comments

Thingy's Halloween - chucklefarts



Thingpone finds Nightmare Night to be the perfect excuse to abuse her shapeshifting abilities to scare unsuspecting ponies. An exasperated Anon tries to keep her in check.

  • ...
2
 12
 1,623

Chapter 1

Anon casually waked down the streets of Ponyville and a hulking monster trailed behind him.

After Pip's compliment and complete lack of fear, Thing decided to step it up a notch. Her new body was still a mass of curling tentacles but the monster's ‘face’ was somehow more terrifying than before. The face looked like a grotesque flower. It consisted of rows upon rows of razor sharp teeth kind of like petals surrounding a hole which must have been it's throat. Three slowly writhing tendril-like tongues emerged from the throat, constantly curling and shifting. Around the outer edge of this flower like structure of teeth, throat, and tongue was a row of stalks arranged circularly around the outer edge of teeth. Small beady eyes were on the tips of the stalks, turning and wriggling occasionally to look at different things, always watching.

The creature did not move in any conventional way. It moved smoothly like a wraith behind Anon and stayed within the shadows whenever possible. Most of the ponies were at the haunted corn maze meaning the streets were almost deserted and in the dim light the monster moved stealthily. It propelled itself forward by sprouting and growing tentacles ahead of itself and retracting the tentacles behind back into itself, making wet slithering noises as it did. It was kind of like the treads of a tank but much more disturbing and organic. The growing and shrinking of the tentacles made slimy, wet sounds as the biomass was shifted away from the shrinking tentacles behind to the growing tentacles in the front.

"Let's try this house first, Thing."

The monster only hissed in response.

Anon stared back at her with a raised eyebrow.

"I think you may be getting too into this monster role, Thingy."

The monster hissed louder and it's large curling tentacles started writhing menacingly at Anon. Saliva started sliming down the rows of teeth to drip to the floor in front of Anon.

Anon sighed.

"Lets just get this over with."

Anon knocked on a door and Roseluck answered and opened the door, a pail full of candy held by a handle in her mouth. Bright light blasted into the night and Anon was illuminated brightly. The monster behind him lurked in the shadows. The contrast between Anon’s brightness and the shadows was too much for the pony to see anything past Anon’s tall frame.

“Trick or treat!”

“Oh, hey Anon! Still not too old for trick or treating? Where is that foul-mouthed ponyfriend of yours?” She looked around but only saw shadows.

She lowered her voice a little. “To be honest Anon, I would ditch her if I were you, she is always so rude to me whenever I see her.”

Anon nervously shifted his weight. “Oh, uh, she’s around.”

“Well, I’m sorry for prying but if you ever need a fillyfriend...” She smiled at Anon, turned around and bent down to bring her face down to the pail of candy inside the doorway, wriggling her plot and mare-parts clearly in anon’s direction perhaps a bit more seductively then was absolutely necessary. She emerged with a few pieces of candy clutched between her teeth and gave anon a big wink as she dropped his candy into his bucket. She started to go back inside.

Anon felt a small dribble of saliva drip on his ear. He gulped. A tentacle clutching a pumpkin shaped pail emerged from the shadows over Anon’s shoulder, stretching in front of Anon. Anon nervously cleared his throat. Rose stopped and started to turn around.

“I think you forgot somepony.”

Anon gestured at the pumpkin shaped pail. Rose looked confused and blinked rapidly as she tried to identify what she was seeing, a pumpkin pail with a tentacle emerging from the shadows supporting it. The blinking rapidly sped up her night vision and she made out something that looked like a huge white flower in the shadows. It slowly emerged, rows of teeth became sharply defined out of the shadows and into the light, countless eyes on top of wiggling eye stalks, and three tendril-tongues writhing out of a maw surrounded by teeth. Roseluck’s eyes got larger... and larger. Saliva dripped off of the rows of teeth. Roseluck opened her mouth and gasped in a big breath, her chest expanded as the air filled them.

“AIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!”

Roseluck shrieked like a banshee. She scurried backwards and tried to close the door. Tentacles exploded forward filling the space around Anon. The door burst open and Rose was flung backwards. Roseluck saw Anon’s hand reach towards her but it was pulled back to be sucked into the mass and watched as Anon drowned in the tentacles, swallowed to be never seen again. The mass of tentacles reached towards her like a river rapidly curling towards her, she scooted back hysterically screaming with every breath she could take. Suddenly, she felt the wall behind her and could scoot backwards no more, she was cornered. She closed her eyes very tightly, surrendering herself to the unstoppable river of tentacles.

All was silent. Roseluck was curled in a fetal position on the floor. Roseluck sat up slightly and cracked open her eyes, a smiling pumpkin bucket filled her vision. She slowly looked up to see the familiar tentacle curled around the handle holding the pumpkin in front of her face. The pumpkin rose revealing a white flower of teeth, tendril-tongues, and eye tipped stalks. Behind the flower were countless shifting, curling tentacles filling the hallway. A gurgling sound emerged from the throat where the tendril tongues originated.

A deep voice emanated from the throat. It was so deep it could have come from the earth. “YOU WILL GIVE ME YOUR CANDY OR YOU WILL GIVE ME YOUR SOUL.”

Rose glanced down next to her where the candy was strewn across the floor.

“T-Take it! Take it all!”

The tentacles rapidly extended towards her and started curling around her.

“N-Not my soul!!! Th-The candy!!!”

The tentacles slowly and slimily retracted, making sure to touch and slide around her fur in a disturbing way making her shiver. The tendril-tongues rapidly picked up the candies and placed them in the pumpkin-bucket.

“I ACCEPT YOUR TRIBUTE,” said the rumbling voice. “YOU ARE FORGIVEN FOR YOUR SINS. DO NOT TRY TO TEMPT ANON AGAIN WITH YOUR HEATHEN GYRATIONS-“ The voice suddenly cracked, raising at least five octaves to sound strangely like Anon’s rude fillyfriend. “-you filthy fucking slut!“

The grotesque flower-teeth-maw suddenly retreated with the tentacles, they retracted towards the door sliding around the corner of the door frame outside in all directions, right, left and up. The eyes on the stalks of the grotesque maw were all staring at her as it retreated and raised upwards around the upper frame of the door and outside into the darkness.