• Published 13th Dec 2011
  • 1,575 Views, 12 Comments

Gallop from the Ghosties! - protractror



For a pony who giggles at the ghosties an awful lot, Pinkie sure seems terrified of ghosts.

  • ...
1
 12
 1,575

Ghosts!

Mare-Do-Well had dawned her cowl for the last time, and for that Rainbow Dash was happy. It wasn't exactly one of her favourite things to get upstaged every morning by an apparent alicorn in a fedora. However, she also knew that her friends were completely justified in their choice to trick her, and she would have a lot to write Princess Celestia about tonight. In fact the whole situation had humbled her. She never knew just how agile Pinkie Pie was, and she was certainly never going to get on Bucky Mcgillicuddy's bad side. However proud of her friends she might have been though, Rainbow Dash wasn't going to let them have the upper hoof.

"Look out! It's a real ghost!" Rainbow Dash cried in mock concern. Like that, the tables had turned and everyone was back to laughing with Rainbow Dash. Just as well, Spike was getting pretty just as high on his horse as Rainbow was. With a startled shriek, Rainbow realized that Spike wasn't the only thing making a bee line out of town. In fact, Spike had slowed down and most likely realized that there was never a ghost only to be plowed down by a panicking pink party pony. Like a frightened pink bullet Pinkie ran through the streets of Ponyville in an arrow straight line. Rainbow couldn't help but chuckle, no pony liked to get scared like Pinkie Pie.

"Pinkie Pie, you are so random." Rainbow Dash finally spoke in between laughs. But when she looked around she saw that nopony else was laughing. It seemed like everyone else was showing a mixture of worry or disappointment. "Hey, what's everyone's problem? Pinkie's just being Pinkie!"

Applejack was the first to speak. "Rainbow dear, you do know that Pinkie Pie isn't playing scared here." As if too punctuate her point, a battle cry sounded from across town as Pinkie burst through her apple stand. Oddly Pinkie didn't even slow down, the only change was that she was now letting out high pitched squeals. It was almost adorable if she wasn't running like there was a murderer behind her.

"Wait, what? Pinkie Pie isn't scared of anything! C'mon you guys remember when she sang that song to us? You know, giggle at the Ghosties? She just has fun being scared sometimes. Look, she's heading straight to sugar cube corner. She probably is running over there for a midday sugar fuel-up." Rainbow said confidently. Pinkie Pie being scared of ghosts was like Rainbow being scared of flight. However the confidence drained from her face as Pinkie Pie once again crashed through the walls. Of course this was easier then before as the walls were made of gingerbread but this act made even Rainbow Dash cringe. The Cakes were not going to be happy about this.

"What is she even thinking? Does she think the woods are free of ghosts, because it looks like that's where she's headed." Twilight said with a tired sigh. Apparently this had happened before Rainbow Dash had realized.

"I have absolutely no idea." Applejack chimed in.

*****************************************
"GHOSTSGHOSTSGHOSTS! GHOSTS ARE CHASING ME! GHOSTSGHOSTSGHOSTS! DAAAAAASHIE! ANYPONY! RUNRUNRUN!

*****************************************

"No idea."

While the other girls thought of what they should do next, Rainbow Dash turned into a ball of electricity and raced after Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie was fast, really fast in fact. Rainbow Dash had to actually break a sweat to catch her, but just before they both reached the forest Dash slowed down and stopped in front of Pinkie Pie.

"Pinkie, wait. I was just kidding, there wasn't a ghost. You can stop joking around now." Rainbow Dash said inbetween tired breathes. However, Pinkie didn't stop like she had anticipated. Pinkie just seemed to be even more confused and scared.

*****************************************
"MORE GHOSTS? OR IS THAT DASHIE? NOT TAKING THAT CHANCE!"

*****************************************
With a scream somewhere between a shout and a squeak, Pinkie jumped into Dashie with the force of a freight train. Needless to say they both went tumbling for a few good yards as they both screamed in confusion. Rainbow Dash was still trying too shake the stars out of her eyes when she realized that Pinkie wasn't just lying on top of her, but actually hugging her with all of her might.

"Pinkie, is there something you want to tell me?" Rainbow said quietly, but still with an air of confusion.

"Rainbow Dash... I'm scared of ghosts."

"Really?"

"Deathly. And before you go all Twilight on me and start probing me for the real reason I'm scared of ghosts, this isn't symbolism or some clever literary device! I just am really scared of ghosts!" Pinkie confessed to her bestest friend. She wasn't scared anymore, but her blood was still 50% adrenaline and 50% sugar so she wasn't exactly at ease. Anticipating her friend's next question she continued "I mean, they're spooktacular, but in a spooky way! I just know there going to eat me! Ghosts do stuff like that, karma! I eat a lot, they'll eat me! I don't want to be a pastry! GASP! I'd be a Pinkie 'Pie'! Oh Dashie don't let them eat me!"

"Pinkie, get it together! You're not going to be eaten by ghosts, its like 3:00 in the afternoon in an open field. Anyway, that's assuming ghosts exist in the first place." Dash said as reassuringly as she could muster. She obviously saw just how silly this whole phobia was, but at the same time she saw just how real it was too Pinkie Pie. "Pinkie, whatever happened to giggling at the ghosties?"

"That's just a metaphor Dashie! Do you go and attract flies with honey? Do too many chefs spoil a broth? No, that song was something my grandma sang to me too combat my crippling fear of ghosts. It didn't work obviously, but I figured it was a pretty decent metaphor. Anyway, those were trees. At least I'm scared of moving objects."

"I'm not scared of Trees Pinkie!"

"Don't lie, I saw your face when the trees started to glow. Trees are a fear you can laugh away. If you laugh at a ghost, I'm pretty sure it will haunt you. Forever."

Rainbow Dash couldn't believe what she was hearing. The only pony who had ever taught Rainbow Dash to be more brave was scared of ghosts. A lot. And now she was saying Dash was the scared one for that one time she though the trees were moving! "No! You're the one with the irrational fear, not me!" Rainbow Dash finally stood up, helping Pinkie to her legs."But not for long. I'm going to help you fight this fear!"

"Really?" Pinkie Pie looked at Rainbow Dash skeptically. "I mean Dashie, thank you, but it's really not necessary. I can handle this by myself. I've been dealing with it for years."

"Pinkie, you just ran through your house on the way here. Do you even remember that?"

"Are you being liter-" Pinkie was interrupted as a stray gingerbread brick finally fell out of her mane. "Oh."

" Yeah. Tomorrow morning, bright and early we are dealing with this problem. Rainbow Dash style." And with that, Rainbow and Pinkie sauntered back off to town. One nervous, one eager and both ready for some relaxation.

However one thought crossed Rainbow's mind.

"Wait, so all of those times we played ghost, you were actually-"

"Deathly terrified."

"Gotcha. Sorry about that..."