• Published 8th Mar 2019
  • 407 Views, 3 Comments

To Throw a Dog a Bone - Champ



When spike gets kidnapped , he will be force into a situation where he will have to grow as a character. To make choices that could effect everyone way of life....or worse case, he'll be stuck with a overgrown mutt.

  • ...
 3
 407

chapter 2

Author's Note:

Alright back with another chapter for you boy and girls. Now this chapter was edited by my friend Wow_Gay. Now after reading this please go check her out. With that out of the way enjoy.

Our chains clattered against themselves as Rover and I were being lead down one of their tunnels. One of their biggest tunnels, apparently, as before I was barely able to fit down before. While walking, I notice how many different breeds of diamond dogs. Some were Boxers, Bull terriers, Labrador, Pit bulls, and dogs that only Fluttershy could possible name on the spot. Looking around, I noticed what looked like a really hairy chihuahua. ’I'm pretty sure that’s a Shih Tzu combing something out of her fur…’ I thought as we were walked.

Continuing down the tunnels, I saw how active they were. Buying and selling things, watching what I assumed were street performers, and some kind of accident where two dogs’ crates had run into each other and broke. It was like one of those highways in Manehattan. Most of the dogs payed attention to me, eyes filled with either fear or contempt. While Rover was barely getting any attention, the attention he did get was much worse. Eyes filled with nothing but shame and disappointment. Even some of the parents were whispering amongst themselves as we passed by.

’Yeesh, what did he do to get this disliked? I mean, he's not a model citizen, but still, even the Ponyville residents didn't look at me with this much hate when I went all monster and destroyed it…’

Reaching the end of the tunnel, we arrived at what had to be the throne room, as there on the throne was a freakishly large Schnauzer. With tons of gray hair all over its body and face, it was a wonder it didn't run into anything. Wearing what looked like jewel encrusted armor, made of what had to be the finest of silver. Looking around I spotted two guards at the entrance and two more by the large dog’s side. With a set of spears preventing us from continuing, we stopped. Looking to my side, I saw that Rover was practically about to piss himself, which didn't fill me with comfort.

"Hey, eyes forward!" yelled one of the guards. "All hail King Yoden, ruler of the diamond dogs!"

Getting up, the now named Yoden began to walk over to us. His strength was immediately known, as the ground would tremble a bit with each step he took towards us. Finally facing me, he motioned his guards away, leaving us alone.


earlier

"So, let me get this straight. You believe that we could break out of this room, get past all the guards, and escape out of one of our tunnels. All without getting into a fight. I don't know what worse, the fact I have to help you, or you believing we can escape stealthy." said Rover, shaking his head at the poorly thought idea.

"Well I don't see you coming up with any ideas, and I don't plan on waiting for that guard to come back. "Getting up, Spike began to gnaw on his cuffs, chewing away at the metal and wood.

"Wait! Wait, stop that...look, maybe your sentence won't be that bad. I mean, what's a few years to a dragon?"

"Years!? I don't have years, I don't even have weeks! If I don't get back to Twilight, she'll worry, and if she worries about me, then she will want to know what taking me. If don't respond to her, then she'll know something’s wrong. And when she, and I mean when she rescues me, I'll never be able to leave her sight, and I don't want my sorta sister constantly looking over my shoulder wondering if I'm okay!" yelled the dragon as he slammed his cuffs into the bars, creating a loud ringing sound. Slumping against the jail door, Spike panted, trying to calm himself down.

After the sound passed, Rover looked to Spike and began to reach his hand towards him, when a creaking sound began occurring.

Suddenly, the whole door fell down, along with Spike. Getting over the slight pain of falling face down onto the floor, Spike noticed he was now out, which meant he could escape. However, he heard the door leading out of the prison room open to reveal guards, all poised and ready for a fight.

"Shit..."


present

Watching Yoden menacingly stare down at me, with such a massive stature, it's no wonder Rover was terrified. Any normal person would be.

Crouching down to eye level, he put his paw on his chin, as if he was thinking what he wanted to do to do with me. At some point he got even closer. ’Personal space buddy…’ I held my face away from the giant dog.

Looking behind me, he noticed Rover, who was still shaking like a leaf with his ears lowered. Shaking his head, Yoden lets out a sigh as he raised his hands over to me. I immediately began to back away, when his hand shot out and grabbed my muzzle.

"Hold still ya whippersnapper, let me get this here muzzle off ya..." he said in an accent.

Doing as he said, I held still as Yoden took off my muzzle and cuffs. I almost immediately began rubbing my wrists, sore from being squeezed by my restraints.

"Uh, thanks..." I muttered, thanking the now standing dog. ’Damn, he has to be seven, maybe seven and a half feet.’

"You can thank me by telling me why ya tryin’ to steal from us dogs! From what my guard say, they already ran you out. So why?" He motioned for us to follow him as he walked back to his chair, hearing him pop a few bones as he slouched.

"I came to get back my bag. I left it when I was told to leave."

"Well if that's what this fuss is all about, why’ve my soldiers been telling me you were tryin’ to steal from us?" accused Yoden. "And what’s this I been hearing about a damning to Tartarus?"

I blushed as I thought back to when I almost lost my mind running through those tunnels, then began to try and explain myself when I was cut off.

"Before anything, tell me. What is the name of the dragon that thought he could sneak in and out of a diamond dog territory?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"Spike. Spike the dragon, sir."

Eyes widening, he got up. "So you're the dragon that I heard about. I was wondering why you weren't causing a bigger mess or threatening to kill me. I thought you would be taller."

"Huh..."

“Come here me boy." the apparently old dog said as he stood. "I heard all about you, from what Torch been telling me, you're pretty popular. Saving a kingdom twice is nothing to scoff at."

"Wait. You know Torch?"

"That old sack of scales? Yeah. Me and him go way back. About 143 years ago if memories serve." stated Yoden, scratching the top of his head.

"Wait, 143 years? Just how old are you?"

"In a few months it'll be my 203rd birthday. Now enough wasting time, let's discuss the elephant in the room. What I'm going to do with you two..."

"Um. Maybe you can let us go?" said Rover, who was forgotten.

In a single moment, Yoden's face went from pleased to annoyed. "Rover. Why can't you learn? Do you know what Dover would say if he saw you today?"

Immediately Rover went from scared to furious as his fur stood on end and yelled, "Don't you dare talk about that traitor!" Getting into Yoden's face despite not being at eye level.

"Hold your tongue boy! I will damn well speak about whoever I please!" growled Yoden as both dogs began to stare each other down.

This went on for a while, as neither one was willing to back down. It wasn't until Yoden grabbed Rover by his scruff that Rover gave in. "Alright, alright old man, you win!" Rover whined. Yoden began rubbing Rover's head, laughing about how he's too quick to give up.

’What the fuck is going on here? Not to long ago, Rover was about to piss himself, and now he's acting all chummy…’ I thought as I watched the two banter and argue over something about points.

"Hey, if you two are done with...whatever it is you're doing, I'd like to leave now." I spoke up, pointing to the tunnel we came from.

"Alright ya wee baby, but don'tcha want to know why I haven't have ye executed or thrown into the pit to rot?" Yoden questioned.

"Yeah about that, what is this ‘pit’? I've been hearing about it, and from what I’ve heard it's this horrible thing...but isn't a pit just a hole in the ground?"

"Ya see, the pi-."

"Before you explain, can you please drop the accent? First you sounded like somebody’s grandpa from Appleloosa, then a scottish sailor, and now what, a pirate?" I interrupted.

"Ha ha aha ah ha!" Yoden roared with laughter. "I see you noticed. Sorry if it annoyed you. You see, there been this rumor that I come off as intimidating. Me, intimidating! Can you believe it? Me! So, for a while I, decided to do these accents I heard on my travels, so people wouldn't be so nervous around me." Yoden explained jovially. "Now, the pit is a bit of a dark topic. You see Spike, it's essentially solitary for only the most dastardly of those who break the laws here. Unfortunately, there was a bit of oversight. Dogs are social creatures, and having them isolated for long periods of time can cause problems..." Yoden trailed off.

"Anyway, enough talk about that! Let’s explain why you haven't been tried and found guilty." he said going back to his throne, sitting down with his legs crossed.

"A long time ago, the races of this country were at war. Now, I won't be diving in on details, but the dragons and the diamond dogs have been locked in a war that neither side could win without serious consequences. Dragons, while fierce and mighty, lack in numbers of soldiers, due to how long it takes for their children to reach maturity. Us diamond dogs however." He motioned between him and Rover. "Never had that problem, considering our children become adults when they reach their thirties. Too bad numbers mean little to nothing when your enemies were the size of caverns, and could burn you where you stand. I swear if it wasn't for you dragons’ biology, we would have been done for. So one day, both our leaders came to a agreement, and made a treaty. If the diamond dogs gathered and supplied the dragon lord gems to give to his people, then the dragons would mind the diamond dogs’ territory." Yoden finished, then scratched his beard. "Or something like that."

’Oh shit, if that's true, then I broke the treaty. Twilight's gonna kill me. Okay Spike, calm down, this could be like that time I invited ember and thorax to the same party. I just need a cool head and to think this through...

"Now, you wouldn't happened to be the first dragon to enter unauthorized...however, as the king, I can't just let you leave. In the treaty, it stated that I am to punish any dragon that is in violation of the agreement. Luckily, I have a loophole." he said, looking at Rover, then back to me.

’Oh, I don't like that look. That's the same look Pinkie gets when she has a plan...

"What...is it?”

"You see Rover over there?" he said, motioning to the diamond dog currently sulking in the corner of the room. "Ever since that incident involving one of those ponies, he lost his shipment of gems he was suppose to transport. Ever since then, he's been in a spiral of failure so bad, the citizens are pleading for me to banish him. Now, I have a soft spot for Rover here, and don't want to hear about him causing trouble. If I had it my way, I would set him straight personally, but as a ruler, I don't have the time. You see where I'm going with this?"

Connecting the dots, my eyes opened in realization. "What. Hold up. You want me-" I motioned to myself. "-to babysit him?" I finished, now motioning to Rover, who was fuming over being talked about as if he were a child.

"Hey! I'm no happier about being pulled around by you than you are!" complained Rover. Yoden looked back at Rover, making the other dog look away.

"Now Spike. I don't want to do this, but my paws are tied here. And besides, if you refuse, I could just make you work in the mines for a year or two. No biggie." stated the armored dog as he smirked.