• Published 8th Aug 2012
  • 1,128 Views, 34 Comments

The Legend of the 'Mon: The Three Forces - NeotheTwilitUnicorn



This story combines Pokemon and MLP, with a bit of Legend of Zelda. It follows seasons 1 and 2.

  • ...
13
 34
 1,128

Luna

Chapter Eight: Luna

(Luna's POV)

I blink as I watch Red get battered by some unseen force. I reach out to him, but he does not respond. I am forced to observe as he is continuously beaten by this force. I facehoof, and then call out to the guards.
"Fetch The Doctor immediately!"
I unwittingly use the Voice of Royalty, or as it is termed now a days, the Royal Canterlot Voice, or RCV for short. The guards salute at once and gallop off to find Doctor Whooves, the best doctor known to ponykind. He kind of just popped in to Equestria one day, but his medical skill, as well as his method of leaving, which always lightens the mood, which is his one-liner, "Allons'y!", is what is needed now. I don't know what has happened to Red, but I will know by the time the Doctor leaves, or so help me, I will send him to the Sun! I wait for ten minutes before I hear a knock at my doors.
"Enter."
My voice carries a passion for Red, fear for a friend, and anger towards who so ever dared to do this. It compresses and chills my voice until it is almost an icy dagger in and of itself. I hear three audible gulps, two from the guards, and one from the Doctor himself. None of them have heard this tone before, but then again, neither have I. The Doctor trots in, visibly nervous. I do my best to warm my voice so as to not intimidate him further.
"Get over here Doctor. We must know what hath happened to our friend."
He nods, encouraged by the new tone of my voice, and he looks Red over, checking for any obvious physical damage, as well as any internal physical injuries. Finding none, he moves forward a bit, and presses one end of a metal cylinder against Red's head and presses a button on the cylinder's side, sending a pulse through Red's brain to determine if there are any mental injuries. He then moves over to Red's heart, when I stop him.
"What art thou doing?"
"The heart may not be the literal center of emotion, but it is the symbolic one, and it will let me determine if he has suffered any emotional or spiritual injuries, as they are the most insidious. The S.S. can figure these things out, and put out a display showing exactly what has happened, as well as what needs to be done to fix it."
"I'm sorry, but what the hay is the S.S.?"
"Sonic Screwdriver. It is an all-purpose tool, changing to fit the current need."
"Why dost thou have a screwdriver at all if thou art a doctor pony?"
"I'm more than a doctor pony Princess, I'm a..."
I shove a hoof in his mouth to shut him up.
"Yes yes, I'll ask some other time. Just check him already!"
He nods again, intimidated once more by the sheer tone of anger in my voice. He presses the button, and a display shows up. He looks at it, and his expression changes from one of concern, to awe, and back to concern. And then at last, he combines those two with shock to form an expression of concerned, awestruck, and utterly shocked by what he sees.
"Well?! We must know! What is it?!?!"
"I'm just impressed he still lives, after his ordeal!"
"What dost thou MEAN!?!?!!"
"I mean that he survived an emotional and spiritual lashing that nopony should be able to survive. It appears some sort of high-tension connection between him and something snapped, and it beat the living hay out of him. It hit first in a multitude of small, but powerful strikes cutting deep, but not very, and then it unloaded two final slashes, the first, which cut him the deepest, and the second served to knock him out cold."
"Okay, so what can we do to fix it?"
"He needs a friend, a true friend. One he loves and that loves him back, one that has been with him since foalhood, or one that he treats as such. Somepony he can entrust his life to. That is what will fix him."
"I see. I know just who he needs."
"And that is?"
"Me."
He blinks, surprised.
"How can it be you? You're a princess, and he's a simple pegasus."
My voice hits the previous chilled and compressed tone, but I add the unbridled anger that roars in my veins.
"He is more than a simple pegasus. He is one of my very few friends. I will stay with him regardless, and he me. If necessary, I will bring him to events of government. I do not care what Celly says, because he is my friend, and I will heal him!"
My voice hits absolute-zero, razor-thin.
"Understand Doctor?"
I practically spit his name out as if it offended me.
He nods slowly, not wanting to anger the Dark Princess further. Now he understands why they call her 'The Frost Princess'. He leaves, and gallops away to report to Celestia, who will listen, and may warm his flash frozen soul...
An hour later, I smile as Red wakes up.
"Hey there Red."
He blinks. "Oh, hello Princess."
"Red, what have I said about the honorifics and titles?"
"Sorry Luna."
"It's fine. It just makes things awkward between us and you when it comes to speech."
"Indeed...it...does."
I look at him and he shivers, almost audibly.
"What's wrong Red?"
"I just feel...empty."
"Ah. That is because of the emotional lashing isn't it?"
He nods slowly, and he gets up, only to sit back down on his haunches.
"Do I have permission to hug you?
I think for about half a second, and in that time, three thoughts and an action pop in, First, the action, a squee. Then, 'Finally! Somepony wants to hug me!', followed by, 'Madre de los dos diosas Luna! Eres una princesa!', finished off by, 'I don't care what I am. I will do what I can to make him happy. Not only will it heal him, it'll make me feel better. If I can do something for him, and this is one of those somethings, then by the deities, I'll do it!'
I turn back to Red, and nod. "Always."
He smiles, and a squeak is heard. He reaches out to me, and embraces me. I feel horrible for a moment, as I have lied to him, changed him, erased his memories. I send a desperate plea to the heavens. 'May everything forgive me for my transgressions. I merely am trying to help him. May you allow me and him to be together. In your names, I pray. AMEN!'

End of Chapter Eight: Luna