• Published 2nd Mar 2019
  • 2,584 Views, 30 Comments

Equestria Girls: Robots in Disguise - I Am Eons Away

  • ...
5
 30
 2,584

[Pilot] Chapter 5: Power

Hangar E

Twilight awoke within the confines of the new Autobot base, her friends all asleep, and most of the Autobots away on patrol duties, save for Ratchet, who was working on the Groundbridge. She smiled and began heading down the metal staircase to see what Ratchet was up to. "Hey Ratchet, what are you working on?" She asked, but the medic remained silent, and even stopped moving completely. As Twilight descended the staircase some more, she noticed a purple glow in Ratchet's eyes as he turned around to face her. Suddenly, she felt intimidated and froze in place. "Uhh....Ratchet?"

Ratchet turned his whole body around to face Twilight, and spoke in a voice that felt all too familiar to her. "Did you really think it was gonna be over, just like that?" The voice spoke, as Ratchet began to crumble, his limbs cracking and breaking as he stumbled over to Twilight before ultimately collapsing to the ground and crumbling into scrap metal. Twilight cried out as she stepped back, a loud cackle echoing throughout the base as a shadowy figure began to rise behind her. Twilight continued backward before feeling an icy hand stroking her cheek and resting on her shoulder, spinning her around to face the figure, who revealed itself to be her villainous alter-ego, Midnight Sparkle. "Oh Twilight, this nightmare is only JUST beginning!"

Twilight stepped back from her counterpart, but quickly found herself frozen on the spot, right in front of the crumbled remains of Ratchet. She couldn't move her legs, and she felt her heartbeat race as Midnight simply walked toward her before clicking her fingers in a quick snapping motion. Right after, the whole environment around her began to crumble away, fading into dust to reveal a purple space, an empty void with nothing inside it but Twilight and Midnight. "W-What's going on? Why are you doing this?!" Twilight cried out, as Midnight flew above her.

"Because I'm too weak just now to do anything else." Midnight grumbled and glared at Twilight menacingly. "But I can assure you, Twilight Sparkle, that I will get stronger, and I WILL consume this world, then Equestria!" Midnight began to cackle as Twilight herself began to crumble, just as Ratchet and the Autobot base had done previously. She screamed as the last of her body began to fade into dust, and everything turned to black....

Pinkie Pie's House

Twilight jolted up from her makeshift bed, sweat pouring from her head and her breaths rapid and slightly painful. Her eyes darted around, as she found herself in Pinkie Pie's room, following their sleepover from their introductory day with the Autobots. One of the other sleeping bags began to shift beside her, and Sunset Shimmer rose up slowly, her hair scattered across her head in various long strands, and bags under her eyes. She looked over at Twilight, mumbling unintelligibly before opening her mouth to speak.

"Mmm....Twilight...what time is it...?" She asked sluggishly, her speech slow and deep given her tired status. "What are you doing up?" Sunset asked as she rubbed her eyes and sat up a little straighter. She turned her head to face Twilight, as she wiped the sweat from her forehead and put on her glasses.

She shook her head a little. "Yeah, yeah...just had a bit of a bad dream, that's all...heh heh...." She chuckled nervously as she avoided trying to look in Sunset's direction. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a second before letting out a sigh. "I'm going to get a glass of water..." Twilight got up slowly as she walked down the staircase and into Pinkie's kitchen, pouring herself a glass of water and drinking it slowly, not seeming as though she was planning on coming back up anytime soon.

Sunset stared at the doorway with some mild concern, and took out a dusty old book with her Equestrian 'cutie mark' on the cover. Taking a fresh new page, she took out a pen, and began to write to an old friend:

"Dear Princess Twilight,

It's been a crazy few days here at Canterlot City. I'm not even sure where to begin. We had this rival school, Crystal Prep Academy, and we were competing in this annual event, the Friendship Games. But then, right at the end of it all, the school's principal Cinch (who I think is a monster of a woman) forced her top student, who just happens to be this world's Twilight, into releasing a bunch of magic stolen from my friends and the portal to Equestria, which made her turn into a raging she-demon (kind of ironic, now that I think about it) who began tearing apart the barrier between our worlds. Now all that was crazy enough, but THEN, this big ship came crashing out of the sky and totally destroyed half the school! Nobody was hurt, thank Celestia, and we got Twilight back to her old self again. The next day, we apparently get all wrapped up in some giant alien robot civil war with these guys called the 'Autobots', who say they want to protect us against these 'Decepticons' who want us for...I guess our magic? There's still a whole lot we've yet to find out. I'll keep you posted.

But giant robots aside, I'm worried about this Twilight. She just woke up in a massive sweat, and seems like maybe she's hiding something. I don't want to force anything out of her but at the same time I feel like I need to get her to tell me somehow. I know you're probably busy being the Princess of Friendship and saving Equestria from an all-manner of magical threats, but I'd really appreciate some guidance from an old friend, to help Twilight the same way a certain somepony once helped me.

Your faithful friend, Sunset Shimmer"

Sunset closed her book and took a small breath before lying back down to get some more sleep. She would talk with Twilight later on.

Everfree Forest
Crystal Cave

"This looks like the place." Shatter pulled up a holo-projector from her wrist, which displayed the image shown to them by Starscream back on the Nemesis. She looked back and forth between the image and the cave before closing the projector. "We got here in good time too, despite you and your 'activities', Dropkick." She rolled her eyes toward her brother, who simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Don't get mad at me, I was taking out witnesses. Mostly." Dropkick looked toward the cave and poked his head through the entrance. "Let's just get this over with so I can go back to snuffing Autobot sparks. Can't wait to finally take out that stupid lieutenant we've got prisoner." He walked further into the cave as Shatter held her face in her hands, before slowly following him too.

As the two Decepticons explored the cave further, they eventually reached a series of rock formations that took on the appearance of a shrine. In the centre was a rock that stood out among the rest, with two glowing crystals slotted within, with five other empty holes decorating the top of the formation. As Dropkick stood reasonably close to the entrance of the cave, Shatter moved closer to inspect the crystals. "Hmm...looks like somebody must have come here before us, but..." She took the two remaining crystals in her hand and chuckled to herself, "...some of the spoils are still ours for the taking." She then activated her comms link, turning to face Dropkick. "Lord Starscream, we've acquired the source of the energy signature. We're returning to the Nemesis now."

"Ah, excellent work Shatter. Get back here as fast as you can, so we can finally begin the total destruction of Orion Pax and his Autobots!" Starscream's words rang in Shatter's audio receptors as she closed off her comms link and walked out of the cave, signalling her brother to leave as well and join her side.

Camp Everfree

Shining Armour pulled over beside the camp in his armored police vehicle, accompanied by a red-and-blue semi truck, a yellow VW Beetle and a blue-and-pink quad bike of unknown make. He exited his vehicle and walked over to the camp director, Gloriosa Daisy, to get the details of the case. After a few minutes of conversation, Gloriosa left and Shining Armour's companions transformed into Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Arcee, respectively.

"Okay, I spoke with the director. Two girls went missing yesterday while walking on the perimeter of the camp grounds, and about seven others have gone missing over the past few hours. We've also had surviving witnesses talking about either seeing two military aircraft flying around the camp grounds, or two giant robots, one blue and one red." Shining looked up and noticed the exchange of glances between Arcee and Optimus. "I take it you're familiar with these robots, then?"

Optimus nodded. "Indeed. They are Shatter and Dropkick, a brother-sister team who joined with the Decepticons during the eve of the War for Cybertron. They're hunters, whose primary mission was to hunt down targets of interest, and either kill them or bring them to the Decepticon leader for interrogation." He looked toward the forested area of the camp grounds, noticing a few knocked down trees in the distance. "We had picked up a strong energy signature emerging from within the forest. It would stand to reason that Shatter and Dropkick were sent here in search of something the Decepticons want. Stopping them from returning with their prize must be our priority."

Bumblebee looked at Optimus. "Maybe we should split up, Optimus. You take the human and search the camp grounds for any signs of other Decepticons, and I'll take 'Cee and look for whatever the energy signature is coming from." He suggested, as Optimus nodded in approval.

"Excellent thinking, Bumblebee. But do not engage the enemy unless all other options are exhausted. Radio me for backup if you find yourself in a tight spot." Optimus told him. He nodded as he tapped Arcee's shoulder and guided her deep into the forest, following the trail of fallen trees.

Shining Armour looked up at Optimus. "What do you think these Decepticons are looking for, big guy?"

"I am not certain," Optimus began as he noticed a military fighter jet beginning to speed above the camp grounds, heading in the same direction. "...but I believe we are about to find out." Optimus stared closely at the jet soaring in the clouds, before activating his own comms link. "Jetfire, rendevous with me at my current co-ordinates. I believe we may require air support..." He said with a grim tone in his voice as he looked down at Shining Armour, and the other humans gathering themselves at the centre of the camp.

Everfree Forest

"Shatter and Dropkick...they were the Decepticons who stopped Cliff from joining us in the Ark, weren't they?" Arcee asked Bumblebee as they continued their hike in the woods, with no further signs that the Decepticons were present. Bumblebee looked at her before nodding his head slowly.

"Yeah, that was them. But they took Cliff back to their ship, I saw it through one of the Ark's viewing ports. He's alive, 'Cee, I'm sure of it." Bee offered up his words of support, which made Arcee smile a little as she stopped to continue their talk.

She sighed a little and crossed her arms slightly. "I hope he is...I'm worried about him." She began, as Bumblebee simply stood still and listened intently. "I remember one day when he told me that if it ever came to it, he'd carve out his own spark for the Autobots if it meant we had a chance at winning this war. I laughed it off back then, but seeing him rush over as we flew away...I'm beginning to wish I took him more seriously..." Arcee looked down at the ground, as Bumblebee laid a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her. "I'm fine, Bee, and you're probably right. I just need to get my head in the game an-" She stopped abruptly as the sound of rustling trees began ringing in her audio receptors.

"Well well well, if it isn't our lucky day?" The taunting voice of Shatter spoke out as she, and Dropkick, emerged from the shadows of the trees and stood before the two young Autobots. "We find an energy source ripe for the Decepticons, AND we get to kill B-127 and his little friend, Arcee." Shatter laughed as she noticed Dropkick transform his right arm into a cannon with four missiles strapped to its sides, his eyes filling with eagerness to destroy the Autobots in front of him.

He took a step forward and waved the cannon between Bumblebee and Arcee. "Finally, I get to snuff more Autobots! After we're done with you two, we're gonna present our prize to Starscream, and then we get to kill Cliffjumper!" He laughed, as Arcee's eyes widened with shock and she stepped forward as well.

"Cliff's alive??"

Shatter nodded and smirked. "Indeed he is, but not for much longer I'd imagine. He's been very uncooperative with Lord Starscream. A shame that he chose to waste his bravery on Orion Pax and his little resistance. We could have put it to good use."

Arcee drew her own weapons and pointed them at the two Decepticons. "Why don't you give Cliffjumper back to us, and we'll let you two live?" She asked, as Bumblebee took out his blasters and joined Arcee's side.

The two Decepticons laughed until Shatter's eyes lit up; she had an idea. She pulled Dropkick back and whispered something into his audio receptor, just out of hearing range for Arcee and Bumblebee. After a minute of silent exchanges, the two Decepticons turned back to face their enemies. Shatter stood forward to speak. "Okay, we'll release Cliffjumper, but first," She stopped speaking as a portal opened up between the two Decepticons, and a damaged, one-armed Cliffjumper was pushed through it, prompting a shocked response from Arcee, disturbed by his condition. "we're going to have a little chat." She sneered as Dropkick pressed his cannon to the back to Cliffjumper's head.

"Cliff..." Arcee spoke quietly and retracted her blasters, covering her mouth with her hands. Weakly, Cliffjumper raised his head and gave his usual grin to Arcee, letting her know he was alright, even if it was obvious he was not.

He raised his eyes to face Arcee and Bumblebee. "Hey...'Cee, Bee...how's my two favourite 'bots doing?"

"We're, uh....good, all things considered. How about you, Cliff?" Bumblebee asked back..

"Been better, not gonna lie...but I'm alive, which is what matters in the e-"

"Enough small talk!!" Dropkick ordered, pressing his cannon harder against Cliffjumper, before he went to address Bumblebee and Arcee. "You two are going to tell us what Orion Pax is planning to do on this mudball, or, I am going to splatter you with your dear friend's spilt Energon!" He threatened as Shatter pushed Cliffjumper forward, and Dropkick softly charged his cannon to show he planned on following through with his threat.

Cliff frowned and glared at Dropkick. "You might as well scrap me now! We're never gonna sell Optimus out to the likes of you!" He tried to wriggle his way of Shatter's grip, but she only tightened it in response. Though, as she did so, one of the crystals she had collected began to glow, and her eyes widened as she was suddenly beginning to see into the mind of Cliffjumper, watching as his memories flashed before her eyes, until her eyes stopped at one in particular...

Cybertron
Iacon City Hall

Optimus stood up by a table displaying holographic images of Decepticons decimating their forces, and red lights appearing on various locations on Cybertron. "Autobots, we face a dire threat to our survival. Decepticons have conquered most of Cybertron and hold those in their way under their thrall. Iacon is the final Autobot stronghold left. In addition, I have lost contact with Ultra Magnus and his team...there is not much hope. We must fight for Iacon, no matter the cost."

Cliffjumper rose up from his position and looked to face Optimus. "Look, Prime, I'd lay down my life for everyone in this room, anytime, any day....but what if Iacon falls too? What do we do then? Surrender?" He asked, as other Autobots began to chatter as Optimus silenced all of them with a raise of his hand, and a holographic display of a different planet.

"If all else fails, and we lose control of Iacon, then we will use the Ark to escape to a hidden planet I discovered, Earth. We will travel there and establish a base of operations so that we may rebuild. I have scattered others across the galaxy, and once we reach Earth they will join us. Once we have gathered all we can, we will return to Cybertron, and take back our home." Optimus concluded, as the memory began to fade and Shatter let go of Cliffjumper, standing still in shock for a moment before blinking and shaking her head, in disbelief at what she saw.

Cliffjumper began to walk toward his fellow Autobots as the two Decepticons were occupied with Shatter's sudden, strange behavior. "Uhh...what was that?" Dropkick asked as he turned to face his sister. "You just conked out, what happened?"

"I-I don't know, Dropkick...I..." She looked down at her hand, and noticed one of the crystals was glowing a faint orange. "The crystal...it allowed me to see into the Autobot's mind. I saw what Orion Pax is planning to do here. We have everything we need." Shatter felt a smile go to her face as she looked at the small reunion between Cliffjumper, Arcee and Bumblebee. "He's all yours."

Dropkick chuckled to himself as he began to charge up his cannon and aimed it at Cliffjumper's head as Arcee held him in her arms. Dropkick also armed the missiles on the sides of his cannon as the primary weapon heated up. Bumblebee noticed and went to warn his friends. "Arcee, NO!!!" He yelled out just as Arcee was suddenly knocked back by a massive explosion.

When the smoke cleared, Arcee went to see if Cliffjumper was okay, and picked him up to lift him out of the forest, but when she did so, she noticed that Cliffjumper was missing something...his head. Arcee screamed, eyes wide with horror as she dropped his body onto the ground and stepped away from it. "B-Bumblebee.....BUMBLEBEE!!!" She cried out as he ran over to her before stopping and staring down at Cliffjumper's body, his eyes widening as well. "H-He....he's...." She tried to speak, her voice trembling as she began to shake.

"You...you MONSTERS! I'm gonna fraggin' KILL you!" Bumblebee yelled at the Decepticons as he donned his battle mask and ran at them. He punched Dropkick in the face as he swung his opponent around and slammed him into Shatter, sending both Decepticons tumbling to the ground. Bumblebee transformed his arm into a blaster and charged up to fire before being interrupted by the sound of a jet flying toward them...

"DIE, AUTOBOTS!!!" The jet screamed out as it released a barrage of missiles into the forest, blowing away Bumblebee and Arcee, destroying what was left of Cliffjumper's body and catching the attention of Shining Armour and Optimus Prime back at the main camp grounds.

Shining Armour looked at the explosions going off in the distance, and looked shocked at Optimus. "Looks like we'll be getting some action then, huh?"He asked as the fighter jet took off in the distance, as a second jet began to give chase. A minute later, a third jet and a helicopter began to take off, heading in the opposite direction of the other two jets. "..or not. I'll go call in fire services to put out the fires before it spreads and consumes the camp."

"Good idea. I'll go and take Bumblebee and Arcee back to the hangar and meet you there." Optimus told him as he ran over toward the source of the explosion.

Five Hours Later
Maximum Security Cell, Canterlot City Prison Facility

"It's been too long since we all got locked in this cell, and we're no closer to seeing that 'oh-so-brilliant' escape plan of yours" A female figure spoke, leaning against the wall in a corner behind the cell door. She moved so that her legs were resting on part of the seat she was on, and she rolled her eyes. "So, is this gonna be the big day?" She chuckled a little as she finished what she was saying.

A male figure, muscular in shape, leaned forward and stared at the woman in the corner. "I don't see you planning any sort of escape plan ideas from you, Chrysalis. Unless, of course, you and your little Changeling gang have some long-gestating master plan in the works?" He laughed too, before Chrysalis stood up and slapped him across the face.

"You shut up, Tirek! At least I actually HAD a plan! All you did was cause random destruction all over the city!" Chrysalis prepared to slap Tirek again before being interrupted by a maniacal cackle coming from the back end of the room.

The third figure in the room stood up and stepped forward into the light of the room, revealing himself to be an oddly dressed man with an outfit comprised of many other outfits stitched together into one. "That's the point! Randomly spread chaos is the BEST kind!" He laughed once again before prying Chrysalis and Tirek away from each other. "You two just don't understand the point of all of this!"

"Shut up, Discord!" The two other villains yelled in unison as they stood up...

And then their cell door opened.

Before them stood another female figure, dressed smartly, pushing a pair of glasses over his eyes before clasping her hands together.

"Who are you?" Tirek questioned.

The figure cleared her throat to speak. "My name is Abacus Cinch, former principal of Crystal Prep Academy." She walked closer to the three villains, a devious smirk streaked across her face. "And I have a proposition for you all."