• Published 23rd Jan 2019
  • 615 Views, 6 Comments

Discord 2 - Chaos04



Twilight and Discord is happy living in the forest. Twilight's parents visit frequently, like every week. But, everything changes as Twilight wants to visit Ponyville, causing an somewhat of insecurity for Discord

  • ...
5
 6
 615

Chapter 4

The sun began to set as both the alicorn and the draconequus arrived at the entrance of the castle. Other than Twilight and Discord, the grounds were empty. Reluctantly, the spirit followed the young purple alicorn inside the castle. Their travel to the throne room was uneventful.

Upon entering, the duo didn't see any sign of the princesses or Shining Armour. "Where could they be?" asked the young alicorn, looking up to her friend.

"Perhaps they may be in the garden. Knowing Celestia for long as I have I'd say that's where they would be," the draconequus suggested.

"You might be right," Twilight agreed. "So, where might we find the garden? I've only been here once after all, and that was for my coronation. I didn't even get to see all of Canterlot."

Discord snapped his talons and the duo disappeared. They reappeared outside the canterlot sculpture gardens as the draconequus walked his mind was somewhere else, somewhere darker.
...
At the Canterlot sculpture garden, he was surrounded by six ponies, one familiar purple alicorn was wearing a crown which housed the Element of Magic. The other five wore necklaces representing each of the other elements: Generosity, Honesty, Laughter, Kindness, and Loyalty. Discord looked at Twilight before looking around at the other bearers.

He'd turn back to look at Twilight in utter shock. "Twilight, you're letting them do this?" By this point, the draconequus was speechless. However, Twilight held her ground with a few tears.

"You gave us no choices!" Twilight exclaimed. She charged her horn. "I honestly thought you could change! But after betraying our friendship and attempting to take Canterlot, I knew I was wrong!"

"I betrayed our friendship?! You started it!" Discord roared, hostility entering his voice. The last thing he a giant rainbow laser shot at him and stone covered him.
...

"Discord?"

Discord shook his head before looking at the young purple alicorn. "Yes, Twilight?"

"Are you OK?" the young Alicorn asked with a concerned expression, "You don't look OK."

"Yes, I'm fine," Discord replied with a sombre smile. "Just fine..."

Twilight wasn't too convinced but dropped the subject anyway, knowing it may be a bit uncomfortable for him to talk about it.

They eventually found the princesses, Twilight smiled and galloped before hugging her parents. "Twily!"

Discord watched with a half-hearted smile though part of his mind was looking back on his nightmare, what caused it he didn't know. Luna directed her gaze towards the draconequus. "Sister, I'll be back in a short time I need to discuss something with Discord."

Celestia nodded. "You do that, Luna."

Luna than trotted over to the spirit with a concerned look. "Discord?"

Discord's ears perked up. He turned to look at the princess of the night. "Yes?"

"May I speak with you in private?"

Discord shrugged his shoulders. "Sure, why not?"
...

The draconequus and the princess of the night walked right into her bedchambers closing the door behind. She sighed, "Discord, do you honestly believe Twilight would use the Elements of Harmony or so willingly betray your friendship?"

Discord looked at the princess of the night with bewilderment but then realized something. "Oh yes, you can enter other pony's dreams. I almost forgot."

Princess Luna nodded with a serious expression. "Yes, Discord. Even your magic cannot prevent me from entering your dreams. Anyway, let us talk about them. It is always wise to talk about your feelings instead of bottling them up."

Discord sighed. "I just don't want to lose her. She's the first friend I've ever had.
...

The explanation took some time but finally, the spirit got everything off his chest. "I feel so much better but you didn't hear any of that from me, got it?"

The princess of the night nodded. "Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me. And I understand your fear that if Twilight makes new friends, she will no longer need you. Do not believe such a thing."
...
After reuniting with Twilight, the draconequus and alicorn returned to the forest and had supper before entering their sleeping chambers. Discord lay in bed awake, thinking about the advice the princess of the night had given him. Not long after thinking, sleep took hold of draconequus.
...
Discord was sitting on a black throne overlooking the chaos of Canterlot, except this time he had no joy of the chaos he caused. His mind was thinking back to a few days before his reign began. He held a talon to his chest. "How could you, Twilight? I loved you," he thought as looked over land. A glass of chocolate milk was in his paw.

"What was it you said to me? Our friendship was worth nothing. Where'd that even come from anyway?" Discord looked at the purple alicorn.

"I didn't say that! Our friendship meant everything to me–" Discord silenced her.

"Really? I have a hard time believing that! After all, what pony can love a monster?" Twilight eyes began to tear up.

"I didn't say that! You have to believe me–"

"Except I don't," the spirit interrupted with a harsh tone.

Five other mares came up from behind the angered draconequus. "We got you now, no excuses for this," said a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane known as Rainbow Dash.

"Last chance, drop all this chaos or we'll have ta turn ya into stone," said the orange farm pony mare known as Applejack.

The draconequus disappeared off his throne and appeared on the ground. However, the five mares formed a circle around him.