• Published 23rd Jan 2019
  • 615 Views, 6 Comments

Discord 2 - Chaos04



Twilight and Discord is happy living in the forest. Twilight's parents visit frequently, like every week. But, everything changes as Twilight wants to visit Ponyville, causing an somewhat of insecurity for Discord

  • ...
5
 6
 615

Chapter 11

Inside the cave-like hive, the young alicorn sat locked up. The cage door was locked tight, and she had no means of escape. Magic was no use, as she already tried multiple times with the same result. A tiny bubble drop of magic that evaporated into thin air.

Tears fell from the young alicorn's eyes as she sat there, just staring outside the bars at her captives; she saw the red-spined purple eyed changeling identified as Pharynx, next to him a smaller changeling. Unlike the queen or Pharynx, he had blue eyes.

"Thorax, I need you to continue to watch her. Don't let her out of your sight," Pharynx said with a stern gaze. The little changeling identified as Thorax nodded with a sigh. The bigger changeling left him with the imprisoned alicorn.

A moment later, Twilight looked up after hearing a rattling noise, as she did she saw the barred door being pulled open by the small changeling. After the door was pulled open she slowly and cautiously trotted out.

"Why are you helping me?" Twilight asked the small changeling in a slightly choked voice from the crying from before.

"Because I don't think this is right. The others so blindly following the queen without question, it's just not right," replied Thorax with a small frown.

"One more question: how do I get out of here? For some reason my magic won't respond."

"I can explain. The queen's throne is made out of an ancient dark stone that sucks up outside magic like how us changelings suck up love, that's how she keeps the hive safe–" Thorax paused as he heard incoming footsteps. "–we can't talk here, follow me."

The pony and changeling walked through the hive till they reached a dead end, unfortunately, the sound of hoof steps were getting closer. "Dead end, Thorax what do we do?" the alicorn panicked. Thorax felt she was getting scared, and the fact she couldn't use magic she had every reason to be.

"No, it's not keep following." the young alicorn kept following the little changeling. The dead-end shifted and a new hole opened up. Both changeling and alicorn made it outside.

"Once you make up to that little hill you'll be able to use magic again," said the little changeling with a smile.

"Me? You're not coming with me?" Thorax sadly shook his head.

"I'm sorry but I can't, instead I have to cover your trail no matter what happens to me." the young alicorn felt a few tears build up in her eyes.

"No, don't..." Twilight sniffled a little letting the tears run down her face.

The little changeling looked down with a sad look. Unexpectedly he felt something warm touch him, he looked towards the alicorn, seeing her embracing him tenderly. Thorax hugged back. "Don't worry about me, Twilight. I'll be fine just worry about your safety," Thorax said, with a tender smile.

The embrace finally ended, as the young alicorn let go of the little changeling with a teary-eyed smile. "I'll never forget what you have done for me. Never ever. Cross my heart, hope to fly stick a cupcake in my eye." Twilight recited before covering her eye with a hoof.

Thorax smiled a tender smile before walking through the hole, which sealed after his entry. Twilight started to gallop as fast as she could to escape the barrier the conceals her magic.
...
Inside the changeling hive, the queen walked back to the throne room. Once inside she sat down with a satisfied smile. The creaking of the rock-like door caught the queen's attention. She looked towards seeing the little changeling. Next to the queen stood the red-spined purple eyed changeling. "What brings you here, Thorax?"

"Your majesty, the prisoner escaped. She blindsided me and ran off but I don't know which way," Thorax said with a gulp, knowing what's coming.

"You fool!" The queen charged her crooked horn blasting green electricity at the young changeling. Pharynx looked away with a regretful frown.

The little changeling fell to the floor, green electricity sparking around his short bug-like body. Finally having enough of this, Pharynx interjected. "Your majesty, that is enough. It was my fault...I left him in charge of guarding the prisoner–"

"Why should you care what happens to this worm?! He is nothing but a disappointment," said the changeling queen, before firing more electricity at the fallen changeling. "Let this be a reminder to any changeling that disappoints me."
...
Twilight finally made atop the hill. The land around it was different than when she first arrived. The grass was replaced with checkerboard patterns, the clouds were cotton candy. The sky was turning a shade of red, the type of red you'd see at twilight. What amazed the alicorn was that none of these changes affected the changeling forest down the hill, which was mostly dead and unfilled with life or energy.

"What happened here?" the young alicorn asked, looking around, until realization dawned in her mind as she spoke one word, "Discord..."
...
At Canterlot castle wasn't faring as much as anywhere else in Equestria; the mountain that supported the entire castle was now high in the sky. The waterfall that ran down the hill was now pouring with eggs instead of water. The castle itself was completely changed; the castle was a shade of grey, above the entrance was a white spike representing the tooth.

Inside the castle's throne room, the draconequus made himself at home; there was a black throne, upon it sat the draconequus himself. In his eagle talon sat a glass of chocolate milk. In three different cages laid the princess in three different corners of the room.

"You won't get away with this Discord!" the princess of the dawn exclaimed.

Discord covered his mouth with his paw as he let out a slight yawn. "So boring, Celestia. Honestly, you're just as boring as your sister."

"Why are you doing this?!" the alicorn of love asked. "I thought you were reformed."

"Reformed? moi? I don't think so. After all, who would rule Equestria if not I, Queen Chrysalis?" the draconequus laughed. But, hidden in his confident smirk was a feeling pain. "It seems you don't know whom you're trying to reason with. I'm chaos incarnate, someone who cannot be reasoned with. And soon enough, Equestria will be mine."