• Published 2nd Mar 2019
  • 1,788 Views, 17 Comments

Transformers: Equestria's Newest Visitors - LightGust



Equestria has received some new visitors; they call themselves Autobots! Come and see as the ponies and these metallic guardians forge lasting bonds and treasured memories.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,788

Shakin' and Bakin'

One fine morning, in the center of Ponyville was a sight seen countless times before: a cheery Earth Pony mare was bouncing across the town's main street. She waved 'hello' to everypony she passed, even if they were paying no attention to her. Most waved back with a, "Good morning!". Some wore bright smiles to match hers, others acknowledging her with a mumbled greeting as they struggled to wake up.

Pinkie Pie merrily hummed aloud as she skipped along the path, eyes closed as if she didn't have a care in the world. Her thoughts were occupied by what she had planned for today. She was going to have uber-loads of fun with her new friend: Jazz! The Autobot and his compatriots had arrived on their planet not more than a few days ago. When her Pinkie Sense woke her in the middle of the night telling her that new friends would be arriving soon, and that it was going to be a doozy, she didn't hesitate in rousing her friends. She had all gathered them all in the center of town just in time to witness a gargantuan, blazing orange blur falling from the sky and eventually colliding with a mountain just a few miles away. After eating and gathering the necessary equipment, the ponies had set off to investigate.

After a few hours of hiking through the dense brush of the Everfree, they had found it. A massive orange structure, not too unlike the ships they had seen in city ports, was embedded into the base of the mountain. A large red symbol was emblazoned on the side, resembling a stoic face. While Twilight was fascinated with the material of the craft's outer hull, Pinkie Pie had wandered off to explore for new friends. And then she saw one. A tall, white and green being stomping its way through the foliage, occasionally stopping to observe the local flora. She immediately spoke up with her usual greeting: rambling off all the information buzzing around in her head at the time.

At first the creature appeared startled by her sudden appearance and the cacophony of noise that was a Pinkie Pie greeting, but it soon became more at ease when her friends arrived and introduced themselves. The being greeted them in kind and gave them his name; Wheeljack. She couldn't believe it. Her new friend was a real, live alien! Wheeljack had talked with them for a while, saying he was something called an 'Autobot', and that he was an inventor. After they had gotten more comfortable around him, Wheeljack offered to take them to meet his friends, which they agreed to.

What followed was one of the greatest days of Pinkie Pie's life. A whole bunch of new, superly-duper amazing friends that were all alien robots! There were so many! Their big, gentle leader Optimus Prime welcomed them and introduced his friends one by one. The sweet and kind Bumblebee helped to relieve Fluttershy's fears about them, the two becoming quick friends. Rainbow found herself getting along with Air Raid, the cocky fliers soon sharing their different experiences with flying and eventually challenging each other to a race sometime. Rarity was drawn to the immaculately polished and stunning form of Tracks. While the normally narcissistic Autobot was seen by his comrades as a vain braggart, he admitted that it was nice to finally have someone around to contend with him in the ways of glamour. Applejack found herself a kindred spirit of sorts in the gruff, blunt Autobot weapons specialist and security expert, Ironhide. They each appreciated the other's preference for a simple, straightforward solution as opposed to complicated maneuvering and subtlety. The ever-inquisitive Twilight had many questions, all of which she initially listed off too quickly for the Autobots to answer. That is, until she came across their chief science officer, Perceptor, who had just as many questions as the young alicorn.

While the towering, wondrous mechanoids had excited the mare and her friends tremendously, Jazz was the one she found herself the most enthused with. He had an open and curious mind, and was equally captivated by the small, fuzzy equines as they were with him and his team. After spending some time with him Pinkie learned that he also held a great fondness for making his friends smile and laugh. Both loved to see their friends in good spirits and high morale. And today, she had chosen a way they could do this together!

Rounding a bend, the Ponyville schoolhouse came into view. The Autobots had wished not to impede the ponies of the little town as they rested, so they usually stayed on the outskirts during the night. Jazz had situated himself by the schoolhouse as he liked to perform all sorts of stunts for the local foals at recess. Sometimes he would listen in on Miss Cheerilee's lessons to learn more about the ponies and their culture. Trotting past the playground, she soon spotted the Autobot in his sleek, white and blue "vehicle mode", as Wheeljack had called it. Almost as soon as she spotted him the vehicle began to change form. The front shifted and contorted into a pair of arms, holding the frame upright as two legs emerged from the rear.

She watched with bated breath, as enamored and amazed with his alien biology as she had been the first time she and her friends had seen them in action. The being landed on two feet with a low thud of impact, much lighter than one would anticipate for a being with such mass and size. now resembling a bipedal form, a head rose to place and Pinkie was greeted with the infectious grin of her new friend. His blue visor shone with mirth as he lowered himself to greet her. "Well good morning, little Pinks!"

"Jazzy!" Pinkie beamed as she threw herself against his metallic leg with a clunk, giving the appendage a quick hug. The mechanoid chuckled in amusement from the gesture and brought down a single finger to give the pink mare's mane a gentle pet, returning the affection she showed him. She giggled as his digit tickled her ear, pulling away to meet his gaze with a beaming smile. "I hope you're ready, because I've got a super-dee-duperly funtastic day planned for us!"

"Girl, you know I'm always down for a good time! So what are we gonna be doin'? Another one of your famous parties? I don't think this little town can handle another shindig like that quite so soon." Jazz chuckled as he briefly recalled some of the events from the aforementioned party. As Pinkie and Jazz became more acquainted, they shared many ideas for potential celebrations and decided to test some of them out. Three straight days of partying with some of the most incredible displays of jubilation the quaint little town had ever seen. An incident with some fireworks developed by Wheeljack at the pairs' behest had gotten a little out of hand, and resulted in Twilight forcing the celebration to cease. It was fortunate that Ponyville's recently established firefighting team had so much experience over the course of the past few months.

"No, Twilight said I'm on temporary party probation after that one..." the pink mare sheepishly rubbed behind her neck, before her grin grew all the wider. "It's something I know you've neeeeever done before, because you never had it on your planet! One of my most favoritest things in the world!"

"Oh, a pony custom, is it? I love learnin' new stuff about y'all! What is it?"

"Ah-ah-ah!" In a blur of movement Pinkie had fashioned a perfectly-sized blindfold around the Autobot's visor, causing him to tilt his head in confusion. "It's a surprise. No peeking! Just follow the sound of my voice!"

The pink mare resumed her hopping as she led Jazz into town. As they trekked down the street he could hear the sounds one would come to associate with morning time in Ponyville: birds chirping, the rattling of carts carrying various wares as shopkeepers prepared for the morning rush. Pinkie shouted joyous greetings to all she passed, some waving in delight as they returned the greeting, others waving a bit more apprehensively as they eyed the robot the size of a single story house.

Though most would be concerned about the trouble a blindfolded giant robot walking through town might cause, there was no need to fear in this case. Jazz's senses were more finely tuned than most organic creatures', to the point where he could determine where everything in the road was with utmost precision. "Uhh, Pinkie, my sensors can see right through this-"

"Sssshhhush! We're almost there!"

After a few more moments of walking the pair found themselves before a familiar structure. Jazz recognized it as Pinkie's residence/place of employ: Sugarcube Corner. It was one of the most populated areas in Ponyville during midday, due to its proximity to the town center and the amount of customers the bakery regularly received. The bright, confectionery-covered building seemed to be their destination as Pinkie led him towards it.

"Here we are! Go ahead, you can take it off now."

Deciding to humor her, the first lieutenant gave a little tug at the cloth and let it slip from his grasp. His gaze traveled downward where he found, to Pinkie's credit, a genuine surprise. There were two large tables sat out front of the sweet shop, with a rather large oven placed behind them. On the tables sat various items Jazz could not identify. What looked to be some small bowls, containers and various forms of organic matter. "What is all this, lil' pink?"

Pinkie squealed as she bounced in place, her eyes wide with excitement. "We...are going to be...BAKING!"

Baking? Jazz remembered that the pink mare had mentioned it several times in regards to her profession and hobbies. "Isn't that how you make those cakes you mention all the time?"

"Not just cakes, silly!", she giggled. "We also make pies, cookies, cupcakes, donuts, crepes, eclairs, and lots and lots of other super yummy stuff! And as my new friend, I want to share that with you." The pink mare beamed up at the intergalactic warrior, as joyful as ever. "I figured since you like to make others smile, and so do I, it would be something we can both enjoy together."

Jazz found his faceplate forming a wide grin of his own. He was elated that he got to hang out with his new friend more, and that he could learn more about one of her favorite activities. "I think that's a kickin' idea, Pinkie Pie! How do we start?"

"First, we've got to get you an apron!"

"A what now?"


After finding some fabric that would fit Jazz's body without ripping whenever he moved (with Rarity's help), the pair were finally ready to begin. "Alright! Now, since this is your first time baking, we're gonna start off with something easy-peasy to introduce you to what I like to call the Bakesics!"

Giggling at her pun, Pinkie trotted over to one of the ovens and turned a dial until there was a little click. "First thing you wanna do is set the oven to the right temperature, so that it's ready to bake when you are."

Nodding, Jazz reached down and very gently set the temperature as he had seen her do. Spending time with these ponies had taught him to be more delicate than he ever had before. "Got it. What next?"

"Now we're gonna butter our pans, like so." She grabbed a stick of butter from the table and brought it to a pan, rubbing the greasy deposit of fat around until the metal was slick and shiny. Jazz located another stick of butter and went to grab it, only for it to slip and slide across the table. Pinkie couldn't help but giggle as he carefully tried to grasp the stick of fat. At last Jazz found a manageable grip and was able to apply an even coating of grease onto his pan, grinning and looking to Pinkie for the next step.

"Time to get started on the batter! We'll need two cups of flour, two teaspoons of baking powder, a cup of sugar, a cup of milk, a teaspoon of salt, two eggs, half a cup of butter, and a teaspoon of vanilla!"

Jazz set to retrieving each of the ingredients the mare had listed off. It took a little longer than usual due to treating the items with the utmost fragility, but soon enough all the ingredients were assembled into their respective bowls. "What's next, Pinkie?"

"Now we mix 'em till it's nice and smooth." She showed him what setting to adjust their mixers to, and began the process. A few minutes later the ingredients had mixed into a nice, even white batter. "Now all we gotta do is pop these babies in the oven for half an hour!"

They each poured their batter into the pans and set them in the ovens. Jazz glanced at Pinkie as she stared at her oven's window, not moving an inch. "So...what do you wanna do while they bake?"

The mare turned and looked up at her friend, her jovial grin becoming more of an inquisitive stare. She remembered a question that had been buzzing in her mind for a while. "Tell me what your life on Cybertron was like, Jazzy. You know, before that war you mentioned."

Jazz was a bit surprised by her request. Normally she would inquire him and his comrades about what sorts of things they did for fun, how they were able to transform, what they liked to eat, and countless other topics that came to her ever-curious mind. But she had never asked about what they did before...

"Well, I don't remember too much from those days. Then again, who does? We've been fighting so long, it seems to be all some of us can do anymore." He muttered in a low, dark tone. The Autobot's features gained a more downturned appearance as his smile briefly began to fade. Suddenly remembering who he was talking to, he quickly regained his trademark grin, although it was a little forced now.

"I used to have a pretty sweet setup, a job as a cultural investigator. Got to travel all over Cybertron! It was my job to study all aspects of Cybertronian life. I learned all sorts of stuff real fast, never able to find something that wasn't interesting." Jazz mused nostalgically, the young mare at his feet listening with rapt attention. "I loved it! It taught me to broaden my perspectives, become less judgmental than a lot of bots from back then. It was never enough, though. I wanted to know everything. I got to learning about any and all extraterrestrial life I could, always wishing I could meet some aliens and learn how they get down."

His electric blue gaze wandered down to his pink friend, grin growing. "But none have fascinated me more than this planet. Than you, Pinkie. You've done so much and seen so many incredible things! And every day you greet the world with a smile bright enough to fry a bot's optics."

Pinkie couldn't help a giggling snort at that. He was so silly, but his words caused her heart to swell with warmth and joy. To think that such an advanced and powerful being from countless light years away would think she was interesting, it was so super fantastic that she thought she'd explode with glee.

"And I can easily say you're the sweetest and grooviest life form I've had the immense pleasure of calling my friend, Pinkie Pie." He reached down and brushed the tip of his finger along her mane in that way he knew she liked. Pinkie leaned into his affectionate touch, hugging the appendage and nuzzling her cheek against him. Despite what one may think, the metal of his chassis wasn’t cold to the touch. There was a subtle warmth to it, one that she found comforting. “Aaaawww Jazzy. You're the funkiest, most super megatastically fun alien I've ever met! I'm so glad that you crashed here."

Pausing for a moment, she giggled. "Well, not that you crashed here. I just mean that I'm glad you showed up here of all places!"

He chuckled along with her, shaking his head and petting her mane delicately. "I know what you mean, Pinks."

An increase in activity in the street drew the pair's attention to a growing throng of ponies approaching their bake site. Some gazed with awe at the metallic giant conversing with the local parry planner. A few were still apprehensive about the presence of the aliens, but most had come to accept them after they had proved nothing but friendly and helpful.

Shifting her attention back to Jazz, she beamed and sprung to her hooves. "Alright, Chef's Assistant Jazz! Whadaya say we show these ponies how baking's done?!"

Meeting her grin with his own confident smirk, Jazz gave her a nod. "Let's do it, party girl!"

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading! I'd really appreciate if you could please let me know what your thoughts are in the comments below. It helps me improve and hopefully put out better content to share with y'all.

The next chapter will be another little tale, this time focusing on two hard-headed individuals as they spend some time doing some good, ol' fashioned labor. Applejack, Ponyville's resident apple procurer and handmare, and Ironhide, Autobot weapons specialist, bodyguard of Optimus Prime and a cranky old grump.