• Published 17th Jan 2019
  • 523 Views, 2 Comments

Operation:Sleepover - Brian Sheil



Eight nights of sleepover surprises

  • ...
 2
 523

5. Surfin’ Sleepover

After hanging the wash outside in the backyard, Magenta Whisp feels good about it. The clothesline her mother set up was a good idea.

“All the clothes are hung.” Magenta said to herself. “Mom would be proud of me.”

At around 12:00, Magenta finish making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. After grabbing some chips and a glass of milk, she sits on the couch to watch the news. As she was enjoying her lunch, she heard the front door open. It was her mother, which got her scared.

“What are you doing home early?” Magenta asked with concern. “Did you get fired?”

Willow calmed her daughter down. “No, silly. My job is close to home. Remember?”

“So? What’s with the early arrival?”

“I sometimes come home during my lunch hour. And, I have some frozen entrees in the freezer.”

Just then, Magenta’s phone signaled a text. She got excited when she saw the message.

“Who is it from this time?” Willow asked.

“It’s a message from Rainbow Dash.” Magenta answered. “She said that she’s going to Spitfire’s beach house for some surfing, a barbecue, and spending the night.”

Willow Whisp had an idea. “I’m guessing Rainbow Dash invited you to join them.”

“Good guess.” Magenta replied. “She said if I’m to join them, I should be over by 3:00 today.”

“Magenta. After your lunch, pack up for night number five. And, be sure you pack your swimwear and wetsuit. I’m sure Spitfire and Dashie would love to see your surfing skills.”

“Good idea, mom. It’s surfs up for me!”

Later that day, Magenta walks down the street, carrying her duffel bag and wetsuit. She soon reached Spitfire’s beach house. Magenta knocks on the door, and was answered by Spitfire’s mom, Stormy Flare.

“Hello, Magenta.” Stormy greeted. “Nice of you to come over.”

“Hi, Miss Flare.” Magenta responded. “I hope you don’t mind me being an overnight guest.”

“The more the merrier, I often say. Come in.”

Magenta comes into the house. She puts her duffel bag by the living room couch as Stormy Flare sees her wetsuit.

“Getting ready for surfing, dear?” Stormy asked.

“Yes, ma’am.” Magenta answered. “I can balance well thanks to doing yoga.”

“Hmmm. Don’t go away.”

Stormy Flare leaves the room for a bit. She returns with a lime green surfboard.

“I didn’t know you’re a surfer too?” Magenta yelped.

“When I was a youngster,” Stormy explained, “I can ride the waves with ease. With this board, you can show Spitfire and Rainbow Dash how good you are.”

“Where are Spitfire and Rainbow Dash anyway? Dashie is the one who invited me to this sleepover.”

“Those two are at the beach with their boards. You better change so you can join them.”

“Got it!”

Outside at the beach, Rainbow Dash and Spitfire, wearing their swimsuits, watch the waves.

“Think you can handle those waves, Dash?” Spitfire asked.

“You bet.” Rainbow Dash answered. “You’d be impressed with my skills.”

“Just try to keep up with me.”

Then, Magenta shows up wearing her crimson wetsuit and carrying Stormy Flare’s surfboard. “The sun is shining, the weather is warm, and the waves are perfect to ride. How’s it going, guys?”

“Now, that’s an entrance.” Spitfire cheered.

“Hey, Magenta.” Rainbow called. “Welcome to the party!”

Magenta was happy to hear that. “Thanks, Dashie. I’m happy to get your invitation. This is going to be one groovy good time.”

Spitfire walked up to Rainbow’s guest. “I see my mom is lending you her surfboard. That helped her win a lot of surfing contests.”

“That’s what she told me, Spitfire. Wait until you see what I can do.”

Spitfire soon picked up her board. “On that note, let’s hit the water!”

Magenta’s eyes widened. “Really? You’re ready to tame those waves?”

Rainbow Dash liked that comment. “Tame the waves. I like that. Come on, Magenta. Let’s see how good a surfer YOU are.”

Spitfire and Rainbow carry their boards and head for the water. Magenta picked up her board, and followed . “You and Spitfire asked for it, Dashie.”

In the water, the three girls wait for a good wave. Spitfire spotted one and turned to Magenta. “Here comes a big wave. Think you can handle it, Magenta?”

“I sure can.” Magenta answered. “You and Rainbow will really be surprised.”

Rainbow Dash called out to the others. “Here it comes!”

The wave was big. But, the three surfer girls rode it. Everyone was whooping up a storm as they ride the wave.

“This is awesome!” Rainbow Dash shouted. “The waves today are truly fierce.”

“I’m with you, Dashie!” Magenta excitedly replied. “YAHOO!!”

The three girls rode the wave, having a great time. Minutes later, they were resting up, happy about the wave.

“You were fantastic!” Spitfire chirped to Magenta. “How did you manage to stay on the board?”

Magenta gave a good answer to Spitfire. “Doing yoga exercises helped me maintain my balance. That’s why I didn’t wipe out.”

Rainbow Dash walked up to Magenta and gave her a big smile. “When you said ‘tame the waves’, you weren’t kidding.”

“Thanks, Rainbow Dash.”

Stormy Flare walked up to the three girls. “Pardon the interruption. But, Soarin’ Skies and I were cooking on the barbecue while you were surfing.”

“That’s great, mom.” Spitfire responded.

“Come and get it!”

The girls picked up their boards and headed for the beach house. Everyone was chowing down on hamburgers, chicken, hot dogs, and ribs with bottles of water to wash down the food.

“This food is delicious, Spitfire.” Magenta praised.

“I know.” Spitfire replied. “I guess mom and Soarin’ make a good team at the barbecue.”

Rainbow wiped BBQ sauce from her mouth. “Mmmm. You and Soarin’ did great, Stormy Flare.”

“Thank you, Rainbow Dash.” Stormy responded. “I’m happy when our cooking is appreciated.”

Later that night, Magenta changed into a red T shirt and blue sleep shorts and laid down on the couch as Rainbow Dash in her own sleepwear comes in.

“Some day. Huh, Magenta?” Rainbow asked.

“You said it.” Magenta answered. “This has been some week for me.”

“Don’t forget about our big slumber party this Saturday.”

“No worries. After all, mom helped make this week happen in the beginning.”

Rainbow Dash startes to leave. “Nighty night, pal.”

After cuddling with her blanket, Magenta fell asleep. The next morning around 7:30am, Magenta was back in her own house. She was having breakfast with Willow and Lavender.

“You must’ve had a great day. Huh, sis?” Lavender asked.

“Surfing, a barbecue, and the sounds of the beach lulling me to sleep,” Magenta praised, “it sure was a great day.”

Willow put down her glass to give Magenta some information. “So far you were with Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Sunset Shimmer, and Rainbow Dash. I wonder who will prepare night number six for you.”

Magenta was wondering that herself. “I agree. I wonder what’s next.”