• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,046 Views, 10 Comments

My Little Dashie: Jackson series - Puking Coyote



What has happened on Earth since Brian and Dash went to Equestria?

  • ...
4
 10
 1,046

The Crescent Moon

My Little Dashie: Jackson Series

The Crescent Moon

By. Puking Coyote

My name is Jackson Turner, Male age 27. It has been one year since Celest the ruler of Equestria found out that I could be affected by magic. Since that time I have made my home deep in the Everfree Forest where I am safe from her searching eye. The forest at first was very terrifying for the deeper I went into them the more dangerous it became. Thanks to my powers however I was able to defend myself from the creatures that stalked the forest’s shadows. My powers and understanding of how evil works on a deeper level than the forest creatures has led me to be highly respected by them. The trolls, dragons, and even the vicious Timberwolves heed my words and warn me well in advance before any pony approaches my domain. It was in this way that my whereabouts remained a secret from Celest to her great annoyance. Just like before being an annoyance to the royal guards and Celest brought me joy for it gave me a goal, something to do, and on occasion a good laugh. They knew that I was still around for I made sure that when I would play my pranks on them that they would know it was me. “Last week I had even raided Canterlot and broke into the royal kitchen to put snakebale into Celest’s and her courts food. Snakebale made anybody that ate it grow a long fat forked tongue for three days. I still remembered the scene fondly of the royal guards trying to understand Celest as she tried to give them commands with it hanging out of her mouth drooling on the floor. On the kitchen wall I had wrote my initials JT for Jackson Turner which has become like a calling card so there would be no doubt in Celest’s mind of who it was. I had even enlisted the help of some of the dark creatures of the woods to pull off such feats for they were very impressed by the accuracy and thought that I put into them which could only be achieved by years of military training. In fact due to my influence the woods had become more organized and in truth safer for the ponies who lived in Ponyville.

I did not visit the town and I couldn’t for they would know who I was, it’s a little hard to hide when you’re one of two humans in a world of ponies. I still visited Zecora, Dash and her father from time to time for they kept my living in the woods a close secret and in turn I had instructed the creatures of the woods to grant them safe passage when they came to visit me. The woods as I stated before became my domain. I didn’t work towards its conquest or even want it but it just seemed to happen because of the respect I had gained over the last year. The Everfree Forest was never visited by the ponies of Equestria and its residents saw themselves as independent and not to be subjugated by Celest and her royal court, this was something I had in common with them. My new home was a grey stone house built into the base of a steep cliff hidden deep in woods. It was designed so that a Pegasus flying over would never see it from the sky and a pony would not encounter it until they got a few feet from its thick wooden doors. If they were ever unfortunate enough to find the doors they would be meet by two huge Timberwolves that guarded each side of the entrance. The house I lived in however was very cozy inside with nice furniture, panel walls, warm soft beads, and many rooms such as a living room or library. It was in fact a very nice place to live and I even had a few successful parties in it.

I was resting in my recliner reading a book when a knock came at the door of my home my assistant Thing went to answer it. I called it Thing because neither he nor I knew what he was. He had the body like a snake and two heads of a dragon which always bickered with each other. His right arm was a giant claw much like a crabs while the other was like a lizard’s foot. He was only two feet in height and from what I could figure he had stopped growing. I had saved him a few months ago from a Timberwolf and he had decided to repay his debt by serving me in whatever way he could which usually meant cleaning the house.

“Dash is here to see you master” Thing called after answering the door.

“Let her in” I replied as I put down my book just in time to see the Pegasus walk into the room with her rainbow main showing brightly in the windows light.

“Morning Jackson” Dash greeted me.

“Morning please take a seat” Dash did. “What can I do for you today?”

Dash took a sip of tea that Thing gave to her “I just wanted to tell you that tonight is Nightmare night.”

“Nightmare night?”

Dash nodded “It’s a night when all the ponies in ponyville dress up in costumes, play games, get candy, and converse amongst themselves. I thought that you would want to come with me and father tonight.”

“You know that I can’t come into town for if Celest found out where I am hiding she would wipe my memory, she made that quite clear a few weeks ago.”

“Only because you keep playing your pranks on her, but you would not be recognized. As I have said we dress up in costumes so they won’t know who you are. Dad is going as a cloud.”

I thought about it “well…I haven’t been in the town for a year now, it might be a nice change of scenery” I finally replied.

“Great we will meet you at our house tonight then!” Dash exclaimed.

I then got up and took a book from the shelf and turned to its front page which had a picture of a pony wizard named Greybeck who wore a gold mask. I then went outside and summoned the materials from the ground and started to form it into the costume. When I was done I put on the long blue cloak and golden mask. For my torso I wired a horse shaped cage that would be covered by the cloak making it appear that I had four legs. “Well” I asked turning back to Dash.

The two Timberwolves rolled their eyes at the spectacle but Dash was ecstatic “Perfect! You look just like a pony.”

I took the mask and cloak off and detached the cage around my waist “Great I think that this party should be fun just what I need.”

“Excellent” she replied and stretched her wings out “I will tell my dad.”

She was just about to take off when I called her “Dash!”

“Yes?” she asked looking back at me confused.

“Remember don’t take off from the house, walk.”

“O yeah” she blushed “I keep forgetting that you had tamed these woods” she then folded her wings and started through the tree line. I watched until her blue body disappeared then went inside. I took a quick look at the costume I had made then grabbed a book off the shelf on Nightmare Night and began to read. I had just finished reading my book and got the main points of the holiday when it was time to leave so I grabbed my costume and started towards Brian’s house. The two Timberwolves which served as my guards went on ahead for they could sense a trap before I could. As I came to the clearing where they were waiting I asked if it was clear they nodded their heads, I then put on my costume and started towards the house.

Once I knocked on the door Dash answered it wearing a ninja costume “Jackson you made it!”

“Of course I did” I then looked at Brian who was standing next to dash dressed as a giant cloud. In fact he looked more like a marshmallow with his head sticking out of the top than a cloud; I gave a short laugh at the sight.

“Well now that we are here lets go” Brian replied and after a few seconds of us pushing his cloud costume through the door we did. To my delight Celest was stuck in the castle this week according to Dash and could not make it to the festival. I was happy to hear this for the last thing that I wanted was to worry about having Celest around and having to listen to her arrogance. As we arrived at the towns square it was bustling with activities and games. There I tried smashing pumpkins, tossing little spiders onto a web which was difficult using my fake hoof to do so, and telling stories designed to frighten little ponies. Telling the stories was the most enjoyable thing to me for they really did enjoy them. If I was not in hiding I would have also created a few fireworks for the ponies to watch but that was out of the question. In truth I was quite enjoying myself that is until she came. Out of nowhere a black chariot with a hooded figure pulled by black armored Pegasus came tearing through a vortex in the sky with lightning showing all around.

“Nightmare Moon” a small pony cried in fear.

“Nightmare moon” I stated to myself for even being an outsider I had heard of the stories of the pony that raised the moon every night just like her sister Celest raised the sun every day. She had become jealous of her sister and tried to bring eternal darkness to the land but the Elements of Harmony defeated her and now she was the respected and feared Princess Luna once again.

The chariot landed in the court yard and the pony lowered the hood from her face she had dark purple-blue hair and a blue smoky main which I could have sworn shown sparkles of the night stars in it. She got out of the chariot and went up to Twilight and the mayor who both bowed and kissed her hoof when she stretched it out to them. She then looked up to the crowd and in a booming voice declared the feasibilities to begin. She then went up to Zecora and started to plan how they were to frighten the children this year. I went back to enjoying the festival and even snuck some food under my mask when nobody was looking but I soon learned from Dash that Luna was looking for me since I was the new storyteller in town. So I decided to cut the night short and go home but a sudden urge hit me to spy on Luna and maybe pull a prank for nobody would think of Jackson being the one pulling the prank on Nightmare Night. But that was only if I felt comfortable doing so, for I had no idea what she was like in truth I had only seen her once and that was from a distance for she kept to herself unlike her sister Celest. My curiosity got the better of me and I started to follow her in the shadows taking great care that she did not see me. For the most part she acted like a normal pony but with an 18th centaury dialect which was hard to understand at first but I soon got used to it. The more I followed her and listened to her conversations the more curious I became for it was like she was wearing a mask and even though I could see the masks grooves I could not see clearly what her personality was really like.

I followed her and Zecora and watched as she changed into the form of Nightmare Moon and scared the kids in certain parts of the zebras rhyming stories. In fact the two of them made a good team and it was really enjoyable. After the stories were done Zecora took the kids back to the party while Luna stood looking at a statue of her nightmare moon self then sighed. She then walked away from it back towards the party I waited until she had gone and went up to the menacing looking statue which had candy placed in a big pile in front of it. I sat down on a log and stared at it while wondering what I had witnessed for she did not have the same attitude that Celest had but instead it felt sad.

“Why hath thou been following me?” a soft voice came from behind. I stood up and spun around to find Luna staring at me with a questioning expression. “Why so solus (alone) young mare dressed as Greybeck the brave?”

“Princess Luna” I said making sure to say her name correctly in order not to give myself away. I then bowed to her which was against every fiber of my being to do so.

“Be not so fearful, we bring no ill will against thee.”

“I’m sorry my princess” I said getting up, my mind was trying very hard for a way to get out of this situation. “I had heard of your stories and wanted to hear them for myself.”

She took a step closer “Thou should have joined us, your skills of storytelling hath preceded you.”

“No, for I have no skill compared to you and Zecora. I just wanted to listen and watch so that I too may be someday a great story teller as you two are.”

“Thou honor’s us…”

“Limex” the name just came to me and I realized how dumb it sounded when it left my lips.

“We thank thee Limex” she then held out her hoof to kiss. Her head was turned away and her eyes closed just like when she held it out for the mayor. I spat on my fingers which I kept hidden in my cloak and used them to mimic a kiss after that I re-hide my hand. This way I could keep at least some of my dignity. She then looked back at me “Wilt thou join us in some fun at the party.” I shook my head to say no “Why? This is a royal request.”

“I think that I had enough of a party for one night thank you. I would rather stay here and look at the stars for a while” I replied without thinking.

Luna however became quite excited at this “Really thou like the stars?!”

I thought about the question and remembered my life of growing up on the ship Spitekin with my friends and how we would visit the suns of the universes and the planets that surrounded them. The good days before the sprite invasion when everything seemed right. “One can almost say that I, at heart, live in the stars there is truly nothing more beautiful” I replied forgetting my worries which remembering the past sometimes makes me do.

She took another step closer “Thou like my art?” she asked.

“You made those?!” I replied looking at the sky. “Incredible, I thought that you just rose the moon I didn’t know that you crafted the stars as well.” I looked up in wonder and thought “how can one pony create such a vastness of stars, how powerful is she? And if Celest defeated her…”

“Doth it surprise thou that much?” She then waved her hoof to the sky and a multitude of shooting stars appeared overhead. I sat down again on the log in fear and wonder at what just happened I was totally at lost for words. “Art thou ok?” I nodded my head yes “good.” She then laid down next to me and stared at the sky as well “thou art different, most ponies do not take such fascination in our sky.”

I could feel her sadness in these words and looked over. She had big blue eyes and as she stared up I could tell that she was lost in memories of long ago. I also saw in her eyes the same haunting feeling that has plagued me for many years since the sprites destroyed earth, loneness. “They don’t realize how precious the stars are and how lucky they are to gaze at them each night without worry.” I replied as I remembered how happy I had been when I first saw the moon here after so many years of being underground. “Such beauty should be admired and never forgotten, to see the stars is to see into one’s own soul.”

“But what if thou’s soul is tainted with evil? What if one did something that could never be put right.”

I knew that she was talking about her time as Nightmare Moon “Don’t listen to those who say that you are evil because of a bad decision. That’s not what defines you as a person what does define you is how you choose to live your life from that point, don’t let anybody tell you otherwise.”

She stared at me very curiously then got up “Thank you Jackson.”

My heart then went to my chest “How did you…”

“thou hath said that’s not what defines me as a person, if thou were a pony thou would have said that’s not what defines me as a pony.” I did not know what to do but just stare at her “Worry not for we will not tell our sister yet for we think that her opinion of you is different than our own.” She then looked back at me “Will thou meet me here tomorrow night?”

“Yes, but don’t bring Celest I beg you” she nodded then started back towards the party. I decided that I had enough excitement for the night and after meeting up with the two Timberwolves I went home. That night I did not sleep but I did however for part of the day until Dash woke me up wondering where I went last night. I told her that I went home and left out the part of meeting Luna for the less she knew the better. I read one of my books on nightmare Moon until dark then left to meet Luna this time I did not even bother with a costume.

“Thou came” she commented when she saw me enter the clearing.

“I came.”

“We were afraid that thou would have disappeared.”

“This is my home now and I am tired of running away from sprites, ponies, and life in general.”

“But thou did run from our sister.”

“She wants to erase my memory of course I did.”

“Is that bad? She hath stated that with a clean mind thou wouldst be happy she would even turn thou into a pony to accomplish this.”

“Yes it’s bad, if I lose my memories I myself will cease to exist! Yes, I will be alive but the part that makes me, me will be gone. My memories of friends, family, and even my home worlds would be taken from me. She even tried to erase Dashes mind of her father, erasing the memories between a daughter and father that’s monstrous. Would you have her erase all of your memories since you were Nightmare Moon?”

She thought about it “I guess not” she then looked away “we had no idea our sister hath done such things.”

“I have no doubt that she thinks that these actions are best for Equestria but I will not let her kill who I am without putting up a fight.”

Luna looked back to me her face puzzled as she tried to figure me out “Is that why thou pulls such pranks on her? Some in the court think that thou art the spirit of mischief.”

I gave a short laugh “I had no idea that they did. But no I play my pranks on them for entertainment and to give myself something to do. Besides if I can teach her and the stiff royal court some humility and maybe how to have some fun I think Equestria Will be better off for it.”

She gave a slow nod then looked up at the sky “Does thou believe that you truly belong here then, even though such evil haunts your memories?”

“No, and yes. Home is all but destroyed and going back if that was even possible would mean my death but it is still my home. However this land has given me a point of view that I would have never experienced there and now it is a part of me. So yes, I may not have belonged at the beginning but now I feel that I do.”

“What of the ponies how doeth thou interact with them. They never do truly understand why we terrorized the land and that we wish to make amends.” I looked at her and saw a tear in her eye “we frighten children during Nightmare Night because it allows us to interact and belong. However when we come during other nights many still run from us but how can we explain to them that we have changed? How doeth thou live in a land where ponies fear you and thou are hunted by the royal guards Jackson?”

“I really don’t, like you said I am different than the ponies so I had trouble interacting with most of them even before Celest put a warrant out for me. By the way has the reward for me hit a million yet?” she shook her head no “too bad I guess I still have some work to do.” I then also looked up at the sky “From what I have heard you must show them that you have changed not just tell them.”

“And how pray do we do that?”

I looked back at her “Improve the town perhaps, say hi more often when you pass ponies on the street, just give help where you can.”

She thought about my words but did not reply to it. We stayed in the clearing until night was drawing to a close talking then Luna had to leave to make way for the rising of the sun. We however agreed to meet the next night. As the weeks drew on Luna and I meet almost every night and I learned a lot about her and her of me. Unlike Celest she took interest in what my world was like before the sprites attacked especially about our stars and had me many times explain what they were made of and looked like. She was not judgmental like Celest of what I had done in the wars mostly because she knew what it was like to do evil and try to live with it in such a world as Equestria. During this time we became friends and Luna decided not disclose my whereabouts to the royal guards.

One night when we were laying on our backs looking at the stars in the clearing where we meet almost every night to talk about deep matters troubling our soul’s one of Luna’s guards that accompanied her chariot appeared. “Princess Luna?” He called then saw me, sneered, and pointed his now glowing horn at me “The human!”

Luna jumped up and got between her guard and me “Hold thy magic Fredrix”

“But it’s the human the one that has plagued you sister for so long.”

“As your princess we order thou to stand down and keep secret of his whereabouts from our sister.” Fredrix stood there a moment then bowed his head in submission. “Now what have thou come to tell me?”

Fredrix snapped to “We have spotted Timberwolves in this area.”

Luna looked around the clearing “Where, what are they doing so close to Ponyville?”

I then realized that they must have seen my two guards and gave a short laugh “Relax my princess for they will not harm you or any other pony I had instructed them not too.”

“Thy can control the wolves of the forest, Pray what art they doing here then?”

“The same reason Fredrix and your other guards are here. The two wolves are my guards each a mighty chieftain of their clans. They have good senses and can tell me when trouble is approaching long before it reaches me.” I sat up and looked at her “would you like to see my home Luna? I promise you that the woods are very tame for those that I allow to walk under its trees. Not even the dragons and wild beast would bother you if I tell them not to.”

“He’s been gathering an army!” Fredrix exclaimed. “Don’t go with him my princess or you will be taken hostage.”

“I am not raising an army, but I am on high standings with the creatures of the woods most of which like the Timberwolves have sworn undying loyalty to me. It’s a position that I did not partially want but it was thrown onto me anyway.”

The guard was about to say more but Luna cut him off with a wave of her hoof “I will go” she then looked at Fredrix “Keep what thou heard quiet and wait at the carriage.” The guard wanted to say more but he bowed his head and walked away when he was out of sight I started to lead Luna into the Everfree Forest. It didn’t take long after entering the woods for my two Timberwolf guards to meet me. At first Luna seemed afraid of their sudden appearance but after I told them that she was allowed into the woods they warmed up to her which in turn made her more comfortable. She even gathered the courage to pet one of them when I told her she could. “Thou art amazing Jackson never have the creatures here been tamed like this.”

“The animals here are not as evil as the ponies believe but are just misunderstood.” I then looked back at her “kind of like us.” she did not reply but nodded to my comment. When we got to my house the two wolfs took their places at its entrance and I opened the door for Luna to come in she almost fell back in fright when she saw Thing standing at the counter cleaning.

“Ah master your back, and who is this lovely pony?”

“Princess Luna” I replied.

Thing slithered a little ways back “Nightmare Moon? What are you doing with the master?!”

“It’s ok Thing she’s a friend besides didn’t I tell you not to call me master.”

“Yes master but I am your servant. You saved my life and I am in your service therefore I can call you nothing else.”

I took Luna for a tour of my house which did not take very long and afterward we ate some powdered cakes that Thing quickly prepared. “This is simply a lovely home” Luna replied looking around “however thou’s library is lacking we will bring you more books.”

“Ah, the master will love that he reads them everyday” Thing commented.

Luna then looked at me “We know the risk that thou art taking bringing us here. Does this mean thou trust us?”

I nodded my head “I guess that it does.”

About four days had passed since I showed Luna to my home and every night she brought me some gift such as books or trinkets. “You didn’t have to bring me this” I replied as she floated a partially old scroll into my home.

“Yes we did it’s a fascinating story of the Everfree Forest that thou are sure to enjoy. After all thou art pretty much the Lord of these woods so thou must know its history.”

I thanked her and took the scroll “You are a good friend Luna.”

She walked into the living room and started to search through a bookcase to see which parts of different book series that I was still missing. Her mood then became dampened “Thou doesn’t know how long we have waited to have a friend Jackson. 1000 years of imprisonment alone on the moon I hath forgotten how great having a friend was. I don’t want to lose you but my sister will eventually find you and take thou away from me.”

She started to cry to herself so I went over to her and put my arms around her neck and hugged her “It’s ok Luna you won’t lose me I promise.” I then put my forehead against hers “I will die before that happens.” I saw Luna blush but she was still crying too much to reply but after a while she had stopped.

“We thank thee Jackson and we accept you.”

“Accept me?”

“Yes, as our special some pony.”

“Special some what?” I asked.

“Special some pony.”

“But I’m not a pony.”

“We know but It is just a title the meaning behind it is not changed” She replied.

“Are you going to tell me what it means Luna?”

Her expression then became sad when she realized that I did not know what she was talking about. “When thou pressed thy forehead against ours that is old custom of asking one to be your Special Some Pony. I think humans called it…dating?”

“I did not know that” I replied now realizing what had happened.

Luna looked at the ground “Thou did not mean it then” she replied trying to hold back her tears.

I thought about what to do for Luna was not even my own species how could such a relationship work? But then again Dash and Brian had proven that humans and ponies could get along. Besides I am the last of my kind besides Brian and Luna was the only one in Equestria that I really connected to the only one who understood. I then realized that she was also my best friend. I placed my hand on her cheek and lifted her eyes to mine then gave her a warm smile as I pressed my forehead against hers again. She beamed with joy at this and seeing her happy made me happy as well “I have a special some pony” she whispered to herself. “I have a special some Pony” she said again louder and started to prance around me singing that over and over.

When she was done she snuggled up to me “What now?” I asked.

She looked at me “we will convince my sister to let thou keep your memories.”

“And what about turning me into a pony? I don’t trust her using her magic on me.”

“Nor do we” her horn then started to glow and I could feel an overwhelming power enter me I started to fight her but after she told me to trust her I let her work her magic. Once she was done I could change between a Black Pegasus stallion with green eyes a blue mane that had red stripes in it and my human form whenever I wanted. I noticed that my new form also had living energy coursing through it much like stripes on a tiger except these stripes were white and glowed brightly especially in my wings. “Thou can now change forms at will and use some magic. However when we are wed thou wilt become that of royalty and become an alicorn a eternal pony like us, a mixture of all tree pony races gifted with deep magic and eternal youth.”

I thanked her for the gift then we decided to fly a little and of course show my Pegasus form to the wolves so they would not attack when they saw it. As the night waned I landed in the clearing in my Pegasus form along with Luna then summoned my energy and formed a rose from the ground and gave it to her. Just then a burning sensation flashed onto my Pegasus forms rump and when I investigated it was a picture of a golden starburst explosion with a grey explosion ring around it. Luna told me that this was called a cutie mark in which I did not partially like the name but my mark symbolized creation which did seem to suit me quite well. We then pressed our foreheads together again and decided to go to Canterlot and confront Celest together.

“When my sister agrees to us I will want you to visit the moon with me darling.”

“I have been too many moons but if this one is even half as beautiful as you then there can be no comparison.”

She smiled at these words then commanded her chariot to drive off. I watched the chariot disappear into a vortex then started to fly. I was too excited to get any sleep because for once in these many years I knew where I belonged.
I flew to Brian’s house and told him about me and Luna. I even raced Dash in my Pegasus form when she came in to visit her dad, she won of course but I was having fun.

“I’m happy for you Jackson” Brian stated.

“I can’t believe you are smitting with Princess Luna, that is so cool I mean a princess!” Dash exclaimed.

I had changed back into my human form and we were now talking around their table “I just hope Celest sees it that way. I’m starting to regret all those pranks I pulled on her now.”

“You will be fine Jackson the princess can be hard headed at times but her heart is in the right place. I am sure she will be thrilled that her little sister has found someone after all this time” Brian replied.

“He’s right” I thought to myself “Celest is a caring pony.”

After a while it was getting dark so I headed home when I opened my front door Luna was already inside. Once she saw me she ran over hugged me then let go “We thought about having our sister come here to meet you but think that it will be better if thou come to the castle instead. Thou wilt have to be in your Pegasus form though.”

“That’s fine” I then looked at my front door “the wolves want to come with me.”

“Why?”

“Timberwolves as I said are very loyal they think that I might be in danger going to Canterlot and insist on coming.”

“They can’t Celestia won’t let them. Besides she won’t do anything to you not while I am there.”

I stroked her mane “I’m afraid they will follow even if I tell them not to but they will be satisfied waiting at the sewers there’s a dragon that I know there and he will let them wait in his cave.”

“The sewers?”

“How else did you think I got into the castle so many times to pull off my pranks?”

She nodded “They can wait there while we visit my sister then.” We then headed towards Canterlot in Luna’s chariot and after dropping the wolfs at the sewers entrance we headed up to the castle. I was in my Pegasus form so the guards easily let us pass as we headed to the throne room. When we arrived however nobody was in there. Luna decided to look for Celest in her room and left me in the huge echoing chamber.

I was having trouble walking on the stone floor and it was hurting my hoofs so I changed back to my human self. I then saw Discords statue in the corner almost like a trophy decorating the room. I went over and looked at it “Man, I hope Celest is more forgiving of me than she was to you” I commented.

“At long last I found you!” I heard Celest’s voice behind me. I turned and saw her grinning at me with her horn glowing. “I knew that you were up to something big when you had stopped your weekly pranks. I guess you got tired of them and instead decided to wake up Discord from his stone slumber.”

“I gave a promise to protect Equestria Celest and that means keeping Discord as a statue. I am not here to cause trouble for those days are behind me but instead I would like peace between us.”

Celest snorted “Peace huh? Then come here and let me wipe your memories so we may have this peace.”

“Why are you so worried about me retaining my memories? Have I ever done anything than a few pranks? Have I collapsed your society? No, I have been keeping away from your ponies and living my own life in quiet peace.”

“But you are here in my throne room and I don’t have to tell you that I don’t care for your attitude human. I will wipe your memories and you will become a pony like everybody else then we will have true peace.”

Celest then started walking towards me she was too close for me to escape; there wasn’t even time to meld through the floor. I quickly gathered my energy to face her for I was finally happy with Luna and I was not going to let her take that away. Our powers then clashed and even though I could hold her off for a minute or so with my energy and the magic Luna gave me I was no match for her overwhelming power. Celest’s magic pinned me to the ground and I could feel it getting closer to my mind stripping my defenses. The realization and terror that any second I would lose my memories was the worst thing imaginable. I thought back to Luna and the promise that I made her that I wouldn’t let this happen “I’m sorry Luna” I softly gasped as tears rolled down my face “forgive me…”

Just then Luna entered the room “Ah, sister there thou are I need to tell you….Stop!!!” Luna’s horn suddenly glowed a deep rich blue and she slammed her sister in the side with magic sending Celest flying.

Celest stopped herself in midair “Luna, what are you doing!?”

Luna then ran to me “Jackson does thou remember me? Please do!”

I slowly got up with her help “Thank you Luna” I weakly replied leaning on her for support.

She gave a cry of relief and we touched foreheads “I love you Jackson.”

“I love you too.”

“What are you doing sister? He is a human who has done evil things!” Celest yelled after watching what had transpired.

“We haft also done evil things but thou hath forgiven us! Do the same for him we beg this of you, we don’t want to but if thou try to take him from us we shall fight you!”

Celest hovered above the ground and I could see a multitude of emotions swarming over her face “No, no, no how can this be?” she stated to herself then went flying out of the court's door leaving me and Luna alone wondering what she was going to do.

My name is Jackson Turner, Male age 27. It has been four years since I have escaped the hungry eyes of the sprites by coming to the magical land of Equestria where I am one of two humans left alive. At first this simple world drove me crazy and I had nearly lost my mind several times but thanks to my friend Luna I am for once happy, truly happy. May this feeling never end.

P.S. If a person seeks understanding they will learn by their own small role in this world what understanding really means.