• Published 9th Mar 2019
  • 293 Views, 3 Comments

The Rose Along the Summer Sunset - FlufferNutters



Coming to Terms with new things can be hard, but family makes it easier to deal with.

  • ...
 3
 293

Touchdown

The sky is bight with the sun shining down on Foalida as planes take off and land in the OrNeighdo Airport. At the airport Violet, Sunset, Luna, and Celestia wait at the turnstiles for their luggage. Violet tapping her foot as the sound mixes with the echoes of others passing by and talking.

“What’s taking it so long?” Violet asks.

“We just got here Violet, calm down.” Luna assures.

“I just want to get this trip started, is all.”

“Well, first thing you need to do, is relax, not to rush everything.”

“I know, but I’d rather keep my stu- there it is!”

Violet grabs a large purple bag with a rose embroidered on the handle. She picks it up and comes over with a smile on her face before heading to the others. They all then leave the airport as the warm air hits them as soon as the door opens. They all smile as Sunset and Violet relax their shoulders along with it.

“Feels so nice.” Violet mentions.

“Oh yeah, beats home anytime, haha.” Sunset jokes.

Celestia looks at them and smiles, almost laughing but letting out a giggle instead.

“You two stay here while Luna and I get the car.” Celestia instructs.

They both nod and sit on a nearby bench as Luna and Celestia leave.

“So, how are you holding up?” Sunset asks.

“Still feels odd, I’m uncertain about a lot, like, I feel lost ya know?”

“Yeah, I was like that when I changed.”

“I just hope this vacation can take my mind off of things, did mom or Aunt Celestia mention what we’re doing?”

“No, I packed like I would for any vacation though.”

“Same, they kept it a sec- ahhh!”

Violet grabs the side of her head near her right eye and rubs it in circles a second later.

“Are you okay Violet?”

Violet breathes heavy as she puts her hand down.

“Yeah, I’m fine, just a random pain is all.”

“Okay, try not to scare me like that though.”

"I'll try not to."

Just then Luna and Calestia pull up in a red hoodless sports car. The car itself has smooth curves along the front as it's low to the ground. Sunset and Violet get their bags and place them into the trunk and get to the passenger's side. Sunset opens the door and gets in. Violet raises an eyebrow and smirks before placing her hand on the door and bending her knees before jumping up, hanging in the air for a second before landing in the seat.

Sunset rolls her eyes and chuckles.

"Show off." Sunset jokes.

"Couldn't resist."

Luna looks over her shoulder with a small smile.

"Now if we're finished showing off, both of you buckle up." Luna mentions.

Sunset and Violet buckle their seat belts and put their sunglasses on before Celestia and Luna do the same and Celestia drives off.

The warm breeze blows as Celestia drives on the freeway. The wind blowing in their hair as Violet and Sunset smile with their sunglasses on. Violet looks at the signs that pass by as her eyes go wide and starts bouncing in her seat.

"Are we going to Whinny World?!?" Violet asks excitingly.

Celestia chuckles.

"That's part of it, but not just yet."

"Wait, are we going on a cruise?"

"And she gets it."

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!"

Violet bounces up and down as the markings around her magic eye and down her left arm glow a bright green. Just then a large quick gust of wind blew behind them, pushing the car slightly faster. Celestia struggles a bit to control the car.

"Calm down Violet, you're magic is acting up." Sunset instructs.

Violet takes a few deep breaths as her eye dims. She slouches back in her seat with a massive smile on her face. Luna giggles a bit and turns her head around to see Violet.

"Got your excitement out already?" Luna asks.

"For now mom, for now."

"Good."

"The sun feels so nice."

Sunset looks over before laying back in her seat.

"You got that right." Sunset mentions.

"That it does, it'll be about an hour before we get there, so relax you two." Celestia insists.

Violet and Sunset lower their shoulders and smile as they tilt their heads back and close their eyes. Celestia turns up the radio as a pop song plays and is quickly changed to a rock station by Luna.

An hour passes as Celestia pulls into a parking lot in front of the dock where the cruise ship is at and as Violet and Sunset get out, they see the massive cruise ship, White with gold along the edges and the bottom is a deep red. People are seen going into a small building in front of the ship as Sunset and Luna get the luggage from the trunk. With all the luggage, Celestia closes the top of the car and locks it before all four go towards the building.

The building itself is covered with glass, the glass where people are entering is stained to look like waves and ocean life, while above is clear, bringing in the light from the sun and the visual of the clouds through. When they enter, the interior is modern, slick check in counters made of silver metal and glass, furniture for passengers to sit in is curved with blue and silver metal like waves of the ocean. The entrance towards the ship looks like a whirlpool with a mix of blue, white and silver. In the corner near the passenger seating is a small waterfall that fills a built in fish tank that is in the floor and covered with glass. Violet and Sunset take their and Celestia's and Luna's bags with them to the passenger seats and wait while Celestia and Luna check into the cruise. Sunset smiles and looks towards Violet as she is looking down, watching the fish in the tank.

"Are you gonna be okay with your magic not running wild?" Sunset asks.

Violet sighs and looks at Sunset.

"I should be, I've been getting better and as far as I know, no one is after me, remember,the person Prim and Proper were after is dead and the only ones that know are us, mom and Aunt Celestia, and our friends."

"I know, but still."

"I'll be fine cuz, please, trust me, let's just focus on relaxing and having fun, okay?"

"Yeah, let's do that."

Just then Celestia and Luna return with boarding passes in hand and give Sunset and Violet theirs. As they do, a chime is played over the speakers.

"Welcome to Whinny Cruise Lines, here we leave the world behind and explore our ports of destination, rock the nights away at our clubs, relax the day away or do activities on the ship that are made for all ages, we will start boarding so please group A come to the gate and show us your passes and you will be brought on board." A female voice announces

They all look at their passes and see they are in group A.

"Well, we better get going." Celestia mentions.

Everyone else nods as they all make their way to the line and shortly after, make their way onto the ship. As they pass the gate, a man dressed in a black suit with a red tie and a white undershirt looks at his tablet with a subtle look of surprise and then a small smirk.

"Found you." The man mutters to himself as he packs his tablet and gets up to join the now growing line to board the ship.