• Published 6th Nov 2018
  • 639 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Johnny: Fluttershy and Edward Scissorhands - VioletRose13



Fluttershy goes on a curious mission... and makes an unexpected friend.

  • ...
6
 14
 639

Meeting Edward

The moment she stepped through the mirror, Fluttershy was blinded by numerous flashing lights and she whirled around and around in a place that was completely foreign to her; at least she was going forward, that much was clear. Finally, the spinning stopped and the lights ceased. When Fluttershy opened her eyes, she was greeted by a huge ray of sunshine right in her cyan eyes.

She rubbed her eyes and looked around; she saw that she had landed in some kind of neighborhood with cute houses lined up in a row on either side of the street. They were all painted with different pastel colors, the sky was bright blue, and the grass in every yard was cleanly cut.

“This doesn’t look too bad.” Fluttershy said to herself noticing something about herself.

She gasped in shock when she was met with a pair of hands instead of hooves. She looked down at herself and saw that her body had completely changed; she had turned into a human, as Twilight would describe it since she’s been one more than once. Unsure of what to do, Fluttershy started to freak out until she noticed the journal sitting in the dirt beside her; it was glowing and vibrating. Twilight must be sending her a message. She quickly grabbed the book and opened it to see words forming on the first page; she instantly recognized it as Twilight’s hornwriting. It read:

Fluttershy, it’s Twilight. Are you okay? Where did you go?

A pen suddenly fell into Fluttershy’s lap; she picked it up and tried to write in it as best she could, but it was very difficult because she had never written anything with hands before. She wrote:

Twilight? What’s happened to me? I don’t know what’s going on. I changed my form and I don’t know where I am. What should I do?

Before Fluttershy could read the almost immediate response, she looked up from the book and noticed a machine she had never seen before; she remembered Sunset Shimmer calling it as a car once. It was coming towards her down the road; she instantly closed the book, turned on her heels, and ran up a large hill through an open gate to find a place to hide. She hadn’t even noticed the hill or the gate before and was terrified to see another metal gate standing before her when she finally stopped running. It was closed.

“…Maybe I could hide in here.” She said to herself as she made her way through.

On the other side of the gate, Fluttershy suddenly gasped in awe and her eyes widened at the unexpected beauty around her. She had stepped into a beautiful garden filled with gorgeous flowers and large topiary sculptures she never even thought possible.

“Wow! This is so beautiful!” She gasped.

Then she noticed the large looming castle standing in front of her; how had she not noticed that before? It looked so old and rundown, almost like the Castle of the Two Sisters in the Everfree Forest.

“Oh my goodness…” She whispered before something moved in the corner of her eye. She looked up in the direction of the movement at a window, but nothing was there. “Hello? Is someone there?”

“Hello there, miss.” A new voice said.

Fluttershy gasped in surprise and whipped her head around to see a woman who looked to be in her mid-forties; she was wearing a pink dress and glasses and she had a kind smile on her face. She took a step back in surprise.

“Oh! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to frighten you.” The woman said.

“Oh, it’s okay.” Fluttershy replied meekly.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you around here before. What’s your name, dear?”

“My name is Fluttershy.”

“Fluttershy? …What an interesting name.”

“Thank you. And you are?”

“I’m Peg Boggs, the local Avon representative.”

Fluttershy cocked her head to the side in confusion. “Avon?”

“You… don’t know about Avon?” Mrs. Boggs asked.

She shook her head and said nothing. Peg was surprised, but she decided to change the subject of the conversation.
“Do you live here?” She asked, gesturing towards the castle.
Fluttershy looked up at the manor and said, “No. I just arrived a few minutes ago. And you might not believe me, but… I think I just saw something move in one of these windows.”

“Really?” Peg asked. “You don’t think someone’s inside, do you?”

“…I don’t know.”

“Well, I suppose there’s only one way to find out.”

Peg then took Fluttershy by the hand and they walked up to the front door. Peg knocked on the door, but there was no answer. She tried again, but still no one came.

“Um, are you sure we should be doing this?” Fluttershy asked nervously. “Maybe we should just come back later and try again some other time.”

Peg didn’t answer; instead, she opened the door and stepped inside with Fluttershy following close behind. The moment the two entered, they were taken aback when they saw the inside of the castle. Everything was completely covered in layers of dust and cobwebs and despite the bright sunlight shining from outside, the room was almost completely dark. Fluttershy let go of Peg’s hand and started to look around with the journal clutched tightly against her chest.

There were blueprints, drawings, and books of all kinds scattered about the tabletops and parts of the floor and there were even large, strange-looking machines, devices, and tools, most of which she never even knew existed. It looked as if this place hadn’t been touched or seen for decades.

“Mrs. Boggs? Who do you think could’ve lived here?” Fluttershy asked.

“I don’t know, dear. I don’t know.” Mrs. Boggs replied.

Fluttershy backed away from the machines and over to the huge staircase. After a few seconds of hearing nothing but silence, Fluttershy then heard the sound of something metal… almost like a snipping sound. She turned to look at the stairs and saw a shadow disappear.

“Hello?” She called out as she headed up the stairs. “No, no it’s okay. I won’t hurt you. Hello?”

Now that she was sure that this place wasn’t entirely devoid of life, she decided to see who that shadow belonged to.

“Miss Fluttershy? Dear, where are you going?” Mrs. Boggs asked, reluctantly following her up the stairs.

“I’m very sorry for barging in uninvited like this, but you have no reason to be afraid, really.” Fluttershy said as she continued to go up.

When she made her way to the very top of the house, Fluttershy had discovered a giant empty attic-like room with an enormous gaping hole in the middle of the roof. A cool wind flowed through her hair, causing it to blow into her face. She turned her head and noticed a strange looking bed sitting in what looked like an old unused fireplace. She walked over to it to get a closer look; she saw that there were book pages, ancient war medals, and newspaper clippings either hanging around it or pinned to the walls inside it.

“What is all this?” She asked herself.

Then she saw something move in the corner of her eye; she turned her head and saw a dark figure crouched down in a shadowy corner on the other side of the room; it looked very frightened.

"Hello? Why are you hiding back there?" The girl called out. "It's alright; you don't have to hide from me. I’m Fluttershy and I'm as harmless as apple pie. I wouldn't hurt anyone, I promi—"

But before she could finish her next sentence, the dark figure stood straight and began to walk closer to her. Fluttershy was certainly frightened by the stranger as it came closer and closer.

"Oh my! Uh, um… I-I-I can see that I've disturbed you. How foolish of me; I’ll just be going now." She said before turning around to leave.

"Don't go…" said an unfamiliar male voice; it was soft and timid, like her.

As reluctant and terrified as she was, Fluttershy slowly turned her head around and saw the source of the voice. When the figure came into the light, it was revealed to be a young man. He had long, messy ink black hair, skin almost as white as snow, and big brown eyes. He was wearing an outfit that seemed to be made from worn black leather, various studs and buckles, and stray bits of tattered fabric; he looked almost completely colorless. Fluttershy was shocked when she saw the man.

“What…? What happened to you?” She asked.

"I'm not finished." The man said, holding up what appeared to be many scissor-like blades in front of the girl.

"Eek! Put those down, don't come any closer! Just, please…." Fluttershy exclaimed in fright.

The man nervously obeyed but to Fluttershy's surprise, she took a closer look and she saw that the long blades were all attached to the man's wrists, as if they were meant to be his fingers. She gaped at the stranger before her, looking at him as if he were a monster and a spectacle at the same time.

"Those are your…? Oh my…" She whispered as she slowly walked closer to the man; the stranger slowly backing away from the girl in fear. “What happened to you? Where are your parents? Your mother? Or your father?”

"He didn’t wake up" The scissor-handed man asked.

Fluttershy slowly nodded her head in response; she took a step closer.

“Are you alone? Do you live up here all by yourself?” She asked.

The man didn’t answer; he only had a look on her face that was a mix of sadness and fear. Then Fluttershy noticed many healing cuts across the man’s pale face, on his forehead, and underneath his chin. She slowly reached out her hand to touch his face, but he took a step away in fear.

“Oh, no, no, no. It’s okay. I won’t hurt you.” She said in a gentle tone. “My name is Fluttershy.”

“…Fluttershy?” The man asked; she nodded.

“What’s your name?”

“Edward.”