• ...
6
 7
 711

Tenders for Rarity

Rainbow Dash went back to her old life on the Appaloosa Limited. One day, she waited for a connecting train.

“Ugh!” she said. “What is taking Rarity so long!”

Rarity snorted into the platform nearby. She was complaining for some reason.

“Well it’s simply unfair!” she said.

“What is?” Rainbow asked.

“Have you seen how Spitfire has been given two tenders?”

Rainbow Dash hadn’t. She admittedly had been avoiding Spitfire as much as she could.

“It’s positively ridiculous, that an engine like her should get one and I should not!”

Rainbow sighed. “Whatever, Rarity.” She pulled away from the station, on her way to Appaloosa.



Down in Appaloosa, she met up with Lyra and Bon Bon, a pair of USATC S160s. They looked quizzically at her.

“I thought you were meant to be in Cloudsdale!” Lyra exclaimed.

“I left,” Rainbow explained. “I got tired of all the teasing I got from them. They consistently used that nickname they know I hate.”

“Rainbow Crash?” Bon Bon queried.

Rainbow looked down at the rails. “Yeah.”

Lyra sighed. “What else is going on in Canterlot?”

“Well, Rarity is moaning again. She thinks she should have more tenders.”

Bon Bon laughed. “I think we know how to put her in her place.”



Later on, Rainbow Dash returned to Canterlot and spoke to Rarity.

“I’ve got some good news!” she said.

“Really, darling? Do tell.”

“I’ve found you some more tenders! Eight, to be precise!”

“Oh, lovely! I can’t wait to see them!”

Rainbow Dash suppressed a snort. “You’ll love them, I can assure you.”



That evening, the engines congregated at Canterlot to see Rarity pull through. It was something they sure would remember for years to come.

Snorting past was Rarity, coupled to eight old, rusty tenders. These were not filled with coal and water. They were filled with sticky, smelly boiler sludge!

The engines laughed.

“Need a washout?” called an engine.

Rarity simply fumed angrily.