• Published 29th Oct 2018
  • 2,102 Views, 17 Comments

Lost Memories - Holly-Heart-MLP



Male Alicorns are meant to be a myth. So what happens when Princess celestia finds one hurt and out cold in her flower garden?

  • ...
4
 17
 2,102

Chapter 4: Truth

~The next thing Izar knew, he was dashing to save the regal high princess from the moutain of books falling towards her.~

Of course Celestia was nervous about today. Luna was going to learn the truth of what was going on. With Igniteus staying in the castle, it risked Luna finding out one way or another so Celestia just chose to tell Luna out right to avoid unnecessary chaos. But that didn't make it any less nerve racking.

Celestia sighed as she raised the sun for the morning while in her chambers. She also planned to write letters to the other princesses of the news but also ask them to not say anything. No doubt rumors would spread like wildfire. Celestia didn't want that. It also might endanger Izar of it did. Celestia had grown to trust Izar just a little in the past few days. He hadn't really shown any signs that he was here to attack her kingdom and Igniteus was very respectful. So the princesses of the day decided to trust Izar just a little.

The nervousness of telling her sister stayed constant. She could tell her sister anything but this was going to be a lot for her to take in. And Celestia didn't know if Luna could handle it. What if she took it the wrong way? No. Celestia had to trust her sister would understand that she kept Izar secret only to protect the princess if the night. She took a deep breath before leaving her chambers to go to breakfast. The butterflies in the high princess's belly were wild and untamed. Celestia had never been so nervous in her life.

She reached the dining room to find Luna at the table. "Good morning dear sister! Sleep well?" Luna asked with a tired smile on her face. Celestia nodded slowly.

It had been another restless night for Celestia. She sat at the table, tense from all the nerves. "Morning Luna." She said. Her voice was flat which wasn't like her. Luna looked at her sister with a confused expression.

"Sister? Is something on your mind?" Luna asked, tilting her head, waiting for Celestia's Answer. This was it. The moment that had made Celestia so nervous that the butterflies in her belly went wild.

"A-Actually..." She started. She hesitated to continue. Celestia took a breath to calm herself a bit. "Luna, I have something to talk to you about. It is very important. And you cannot tell a single pony ok? That is how important it is." Luna knew right away by how serious Celestia's expression was that she meant every word. The princess of the night nodded silently in agreement.

Celestia took another deep breath. "You know that outsider that came to the castle yesterday right?" Luna nodded. "Well I found the pony he came here for a while ago in the flower garden. They have been staying in one of the spare rooms here. The pony I found that is." Luna listened intently but then opened her mouth to speak.

"Ok. Um why tell me this? You showed the Outsider to the pony he was looking for and they went back to where ever they came from right?" Luna asked. She had really just assumed from what Celestia was telling her that what she has just said was what happened. She was also saying this because of the memory of the Storm King's assault on canterlot and Equestria.

Celestia averted her gaze from her sister. "Er...not exactly. They are still here, the pony I found and the Outsider." She said. Luna looked at her sister. She wasn't really surprised. Celestia had always been super kind to others. Maybe the found pony had been injured. That is what Luna thought to herself.

"Luna...do you remember growing up, the books we read about Alicorn's that were male and the legends about them?" Celestia asked. Luna nodded. But she couldn't help but give Celestia a look that seemed to say 'What dose that have to do with anything?'. Celestia sighed. "It is just better to show you. Follow me please if you would." Celestia got up from her spot at the table and walked towards the Exit of the dinning hall. Luna got up and followed.

The two regal princesses walked the hallways of the castle with Celestia leading the way. Luna followed behind her sister, confused and also curious. Soon, they reached the door to the room Izar and Igniteus was staying in. Celestia stopped to knock. "It's me." She said.

A voice was heard from the other side. "Please do come in." Said a male voice. Celestia opened the door and walked inside. She waited for her sister to follow her in before closing the door behind both of them.

Igniteus sat in a chair on one side of the room while Izar was on the floor reading a book. It was Igniteus who greeted Celestia. "Good morning princess. I see we have another guest here." Celestia nodded.

"This is my sister, Princess Luna." Celestia said. Igniteus got up from the chair he was sitting in and walked over to Luna and bowed his head. "It is a pleasure to meet you princess. My name is Igniteus. I am the butler to the royal family of the kingdom of Neozarria."

Luna was a bit shocked. Kingdom of what? It was already a lot of information. She looked at her sister, even more confused. Her expression seemed to ask, 'What the heck is going on?' Celestia sighed. She then moved over a bit.

Now it was Izar's turn to introduce himself. He got up from where he was and walked over to the two regal princesses. "Good morning Celestia." He said to Celestia with a smile. He then looked to Luna. "Good morning Princess Luna, I am Izar Comettrail. I am the Prince of Neozarria...or at least that's what I'm told." He half mumbled the last part.

Luna was in complete shock at seeing what Izar was. Before the princess is the night's very eyes, a myth became real. And she was just awe struck. "You're....you're...." She couldn't even get the words out. They were stuck in her mouth like a brick. Luna looked to Celestia. "Explain. What the heck is going on?" Celestia sighed.

She started to tell Luna everything, how she found Izar in the garden injured, and how she learned he had no memories of who he was and that Igniteus was looking for Izar after their kingdom fell. Luna was having a great deal of trouble keeping up and taking this all in. It was just so much information at once.

The princess of the night looked at her sister, her expression that of one in awe. She then glanced at Izar and Igniteus. "I can't believe this is real." Luna's face then changed. "Why didn't you tell me about this sooner! I could have helped you sister." She said a bit annoyed. Celestia looked apologetically to her sister.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you right away Luna. I just wasn't sure if I could trust them yet. I did to protect you." Celestia glanced at Izar and Igniteus. "But I trust them a little more now, enough to tell you about them." she added on. Luna sighed.

"This is still just so much to take in. I mean a myth just became truth right before my eyes. It is all to surreal." Luna looked over at Izar and Igniteus again. "I think I need a moment." Luna then quickly left the room. Celestia sighed.

Izar came over to her. "Is she going to be alright?" He asked. Celestia wasn't actually sure but she nodded anyways. Luna just needed time to process. So Celestia would give her that.

"She'll be fine. She just needs space." Celestia looked to Izar with a smile. "She'll come round, don't worry. My sister is pretty tough." Izar's expression changed from worry to relief. He believed Celestia.

Igniteus spoke up. "Princess, since your sister knows about us now, would it be safe to assume that the whole castle staff with know? And will we get to roam around the grounds? It is a bit stuffy staying in this room all day."

Celestia nodded. "I'll be telling the staff at once. And I will make them swear to not tell anyone about you. I don't want to whole kingdom to know yet. You two could still be in danger and since you're in my kingdom, i have a duty to protect you."

Igniteus smiled. "A wonderful. Well can we maybe go to the library? I am curious about these legends of Male Alicorns." Celestia nodded. "Alright. I'll go tell the staff about you guys. Just give me a few moments and I'll come back to take you to the library." She said as she made her way to the door. Izar and Igniteus nodded in agreement. With thay Celestia left to tell the staff of the castle.

✳❇✳❇✳❇✳❇✳❇

Telling the whole staff was a bit crazier than she thought it would be. Celestia hadn't expected for them to have so many questions. She was already mostly exhausted from answering them all. She made her way back to Izar and Igniteus’ room and knocked on the door. "It's me. We can go now." She said. The door then opened and Izar and Igniteus walked out.

"The library is this way. Follow me." Celestia said. She walked gracefully down the hallway towards the library. As they made their way there, they did get odd and surprised looks from the staff. Celestia had closed the castle off the Aristocrat ponies for the day which was a good thing. They was have never been able to keep a secret.

Soon, they reached the library. "Here we are." She opened the door and let Izar and Igniteus walk in. "The books we ar looking for are over here." She lead them to a bookshelf. "These are it." She pulled the books off the shelf and placed them on a table nearby. Igniteus took one and looked it over.

"Hmm these are well read." He said. He opened it and started reading. "Hmmm everything in here is dead wrong." He said. He close the book and grabbed the next one and started reading it. "Wrong." He closed the book and grabbed the next one and also stated everything was wrong. "Do you have any others?" Igniteus asked. Celestia thought for a moment then nodded.

"I might if I can remember where it is." Celestia flew over to a bookshelf and looked it over. Soon she found the book she was looking for and pulled it off the shelf. But as she tuned to god back, her back hoof hit a weak part of the bookshelf and it started to fall. Celestia was too shocked to use her magic. She closed her eyes expecting impact.

But nothing happened. She opened her eyes to find Izar looking at her worried. "Are you alright?!" He asked frantically. Celestia nodded slowly.

"I-I think so. Nothing is hurt." She then realized how close Izar was. And she blushed a bit. She got out of Izar's grip. "W-Well um, I'll get this to Igniteus...." She held the book up then she quickly when over to him.

"Ah now this one has promise!" Igniteus said. He started reading. Celestia sat down to wait for Igniteus. But something else was on her mind. Her heart was still racing and her face still felt hot. And she felt something, deep inside her that she couldn't explain. She didn't know what this feeling was.

Izar came over to them "Well I picked up the books from the book case and stacked them nicely." He said. Celestia nodded. But looking at Izar, her heart raced even more. What was this feeling? She just couldn't place it.

"You sure you're alright Celestia? You look a bit red." Izar said. Celestia was brought back to reality with this question. She shook her head.

"OH! Um yes...I'm fine. Thank you for saving me from the books of doom." She chuckled. She was really trying to play the feeling she had off, to make it go away. Feeling flustered like this was not normal for her so she took a deep breath to calm down.

Izar nodded. "Good, I'm glad" Izar then turned his Attention to Igniteus who had been reading this whole time. "Soooo find anything?" Izar asked. Igniteus nodded.

Igniteus half nodded. "Kinda. There are some truths in here but they are very played out and stretched into a myth." He closed the book. "You sure you don't have any more books, Princess? I also want to find one that talks about Memory magic." He asked.

Celestia nodded. "Not out here though. Follow me." She got up and walked over to a boom shelf. She used her magic to pull on two books which lead to the bookcase moving aside and showing a doorway. "This way." She said as she walked down the steps. Izar and Igniteus followed.

"This is the restricted section. Maybe what you're looking for might be here." She said. Igniteus looked around and nodded. There were so many old books here and a lot of ancient artifacts. The books here were older than Celestia herself. It was impressive.

"Well, let's get to work looking." Izar said. So the rest of the day was spent looking for certain books. What information they might uncover in their research was unclear. But Celestia hoped to maybe get some answers.

She helped the look for hours until she found about forbidden and forgotten Magic of the past. This was it, this book might hold the key to get Izar's Memories back. And she had to know what was inside. Who know what secrets it held.

~End of Chapter 4~

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading guys!