• Published 27th Sep 2018
  • 271 Views, 2 Comments

Freezing Dawn - Necro Atom



The Cantorlot Republic help Sunjackers and other crews of New Cantorlot rile up the crime

  • ...
 2
 271

Prologue Chapter 3: Impossible Remix

I'm driving along the Highway, the cars around me all having somewhere to be, same as me. My speedometer's needle just breaking 70 mph when a black SUV changes lanes in front of me and hits the breaks, starting to slow down. I pull the horn cord, honking at the SUV to get moving, my speed rapidly decreasing. Forcing me to downshift when the RPM's get to low. When I hit 63 mph I turn my blinker on and start to change lanes, easing over to the left. The SUV starts to do the same even though it doesn't have any room, starting to do a P.I.T maneuver on the car in front of it. The car starts to swerve, losing control and going to the right of the SUV, bouncing off of the front right of my truck. I jerk the wheel a bit to the right staying in the same lane and starting to pick up speed, the SUV only half in the lane, my the front left of my truck starts to push against the back of the black SUV, causing it to start and pick up speed.

I remove my hoof from the gas, putting it on the clutch and shifting into 18th gear and putting it back on the gas. The SUV is staying in front of me and starts trying to slow down again, but the front of my truck is already damaged so I don't even bother. My bull-bar hitting the back of the SUV and starting to push it up the highway. An exit starts coming up on the left. I fake it like i'm going to the right then jerk the wheel hard to the left, my truck not liking it much as I turn onto the exit, slowing down as I get off the inner-city highway. I sigh a bit, coming to a stop at an intersection. My eyes widen a bit, 3 Black SUVs are waiting at the light across from me. Just.. Just a coincidence right? My hoof reaches over and I take the CB Radio Mic.

"Breaker 1-9 Breaker 1-9, this is Retro asking any other trucks in the area, Have any of you had any trouble with Black SUVs?" I ask into the mic, releasing the button. Retro being my handle, not my actual name.

"I had some trouble with Black SUVs when I was hauling a trailer of Heliodryl for ASC." Replied a stallion over the radio. "Totaled my truck and stole my trailer. Damn near killed me. I advise you just drop your trailer some where. Hope they only want the load." He says. Drop my trailer? Like hell. This trailer is my personal one. I am also getting a good pay for this.

"10-4" Is all I say, Shifting my truck to first and hitting the gas, the light turning green. I start to turn right, pushing the pedal down and glancing in my mirror. All 3 of the SUVs start following me. I sigh a little, really hoping it's just a Coincidence. 2 of the SUVs pulling up next to me. They start to turn slowly into me, forcing me to the left and onto the sidewalk. I pull my cord and blow the horn, warning ponies to get out of the way. I see a mare with her baby in a stroller who clearly won't be able to get out of my way coming up. My eyes widen and my ears lower then one, simple phrase goes through my head. 'Fuck this.' I force the wheel to the right, side ramming 2 of the SUVs, P.I.Ting the one in the front, making him spin out.

I jerk wheel around as I swerve through traffic then I yank my wheel to the right as I enter an intersection, my truck sliding a bit in a drift as my trailer takes out a tree in the median, putting a dent in it and knocking the tree down onto the road. I just realize i'm on the wrong side of the road and I drive between 2 trees and drift a bit on the correct side of the road. A matte black boxtruck stops sideways in the middle of the street, forcing me to turn left into an Alley way. The Alleyway is a dead-end with a brick wall at the end. I bite my lip and let out a soft sigh then my eyes narrow.

"Ramming speed mother fucker." My hoof pushes down completely on the pedal. My bull-bar slams into the wall, my body jerking a bit as I destroy the wall, The some what magical bull-bar doing it's job in protecting the front of my truck. I burst through the other side of the wall and turn hard onto the road, my trailer doing a nice slide as I keep driving. The wall crumbing behind me and blocking my path. I turn into another alley way and turn right when I exit it. Taking a left at the next turn onto a pretty empty street. I turn in the middle of the road and back into an alley way. Turning off my truck and sitting back. Panting a bit. "Who were those assholes..." I mutter to my self.

Reaching down I carefully pull on the handle and open the door to my truck. I take the keys from the ignition and hop out, closing the door and locking it. I start walking to the side walk, looking around the bit. There's a 24/7 internet cafe sitting on the corner. I trot over to it and push open the door, walking inside. I buy myself a doughnut and some coffee and sit down at a table and pull out my phone, looking at it as I bite into my doughnut and I dial in a number. Putting it to my ear, swallowing it as somepony picks up.

"Hello?" The buck on the other end asks.

"Hey, It's Synthesizer. Has any of your transporters ever had trouble with Black SUVs?"

"Err.. Yes. 2 of our transports have lost their loads to Black SUVs. Are you being troubled by Black SUVs as well?"

"No shit otherwise I wouldn't be asking." I take a sip of my coffee.

"Don't get that tone with me. I can make sure you don't get another job remember."

"Oh, I remember. Just also remember that I am the one with the Million Dollars worth of Heliodryl sitting on the fith-wheel plate of my rig." A sigh comes from the other side of the phone.

"True... True. Are you still in conflict with them?"

"No, I managed to escape them. I am at an internet cafe right now."

"Do you want to give up the load? You will still be payed half the original."

"Oh hell no I am not giving this up. Plus i'm not putting any-one else in danger over my cowardice. I'll.. Just take some runs through the back roads. Go through the slums a wee bit."

"Alright fine. You'll even get a bit extra for your trouble in that case." He hangs up. I lean back, drinking the rest of my coffee and finishing my doughnut. It was a decaff coffee. I leave the cafe and get in truck, laying down in my bed and closing my eyes. I fall asleep pretty quickly.

When I wake up I stretch my forelegs, yawning and opening my eyes. I scratch my belly a bit and sigh, looking over at the wheel then at the clock. I was asleep for about 5 hours. I roll off of the bed and land on the floor with a thud and an 'ow' then I get to my hooves, brushing my self off and putting on a white shirt. I climb into the driver seat and start up the truck, shifting it into gear and slowly pushing the pedal down, exiting the alley way and turning onto the road. I drive along some back roads, heading for the slums.

I see a Black SUV on another road as I drive past but was going the other way. I push my hoof down a bit more to speed up so I don't have to deal with that lad seein' me. I turn down a road then down another. Heading deep into the slums of NC. It's pretty tight in the slums for large cars let alone a truck like mine with a 53" Drive-van. I go around a sharp corner and a few ponies are crossing the street. I hit the breaks and come to a stop, peeking my head out the window.

"Hey, what're you all crossing the road for?" A mare looks at me with quite the smile on her face.

"There's a griffin on Cider Street. Looks like he got in a fight. We're mobbing him!" She says ecstatically.

"Oh really? Why don't I go give him a visit." I rev the engine in my truck. All the ponies clear from my path and I put the peddle to the metal. Shifting with ease and heading for Cider Street. I see the street coming up and I turn a bit into the other lane and swing around the corner. I can see a mob rushing towards a blood red and silver griffin. The ponies scramble out of the way as I slam on the breaks, my rear wheels locking up and bouncing a bit as my truck comes to a stop. I quickly shift to 1st and think about what I should do. I hear some pony shout:

"Oh shit the Chicken is getting it now!" I decide to do the dumb thing. I open the door for the griffin. The Griffin himself is mostly silver, his beak and talons look like a light grey. Beside his left foreleg, which looks like a custom prosthetic. It's painting in a matte black with a few exposed wires. And some blood on the knuckles. The griffin's chest is blood red, going to a quick point on his white belly. The red covers his chest and arches around his forelegs, going along his side, thinning down till his cat like tail. It goes along his tail to a white tip. He has dark red eyes and a slightly dumb expression on his face, probably his poker face. He also has cat-like ears with little tufts that come out of them. A somewhat mane looking thing and goggles on his head, red lenses, and a tattered black sports jacket. The left sleeve removed for his prosthetic. I motion for him quickly to get into the truck.

"She's helping him escape!" shouts a, very offended sounding pone. I put the peddle down before the griffin even has his arse in the seat, a mob of ponies rushing forward and trying to climb on my truck. I smoothly shift gears as I put the peddle down. Swerving a little to try and not run over any ponies. I swerve onto another road and do my best to keep going on that road, ignoring the griffin slightly as I try to dodge the wrecked cars sitting on the sides of the road. Driving right down the yellow line in the middle. The griffin speaks up.

"Who in the right mind saves a griffin in this town?" I glance over at him, giving him a small smile. Turning my eyes back to the road as I answer as simply as I can.

"I do." I can't help but chuckle a bit. "First off, i'm Interspace. Second off, what the fuck did you do!?" I can tell my temper rose about halfway through that sentence. I didn't mean for it to it just sorta did.

"Wow calm down a bit... I'm Hilt Mars, you can call me Mars. And... I.. Just kinda pissed them off by being there..." I glance at him and sigh. I heard that's how Griffins tend to get attacked in this city. Just... Be simply being there. I glance in my mirror, looking at some ponies carefully walking along it.

"Shit... There are some ponies on my trailer..." I mutter, a bit nervously as I try to come up with a plan for when they get to the truck. Then Mars asks the question I was dreading.

"What's your plan for when they get to the cab?" He asks, I can hear the nervousness. I look over at him then forward, we're coming up to a fence in my path. That puny little fence better move, I knocked through a cement wall!

"Hope they don't get to the cab" Is all I can really say. My truck rocks a bit as we crash through the fence, 2 pieces of fence flying in different directions as I turn onto a newer road, driving between cars and getting on the Highway, staying at 5 above the limit. Glancing in the mirror as the ponies start to get some leeway on the trailer.

"Relax, I got this." Mars gives me a cocky smile and opens the door, climbing out of the truck and closing it with his back leg. Fucker better not dent my trailer. My door gets pulled open by someone who was probably on my chassis and tries to stab me, I duck my head back as he thrusts the knife forward. I bite down into his arm and grab his knife, throwing it into the sleeper and looking at him, grabbing him by the shirt collar with both hooves as I use my wing to drive.

"Get off of my plane." I throw throw him from my rig into the bed of a pick-up truck and close my door. Picking up speed and starting to weave through traffic to get away from the pick-up, slowing back down to highway speed by the time I get a few cars ahead of the pick-up. Mars opens the door and swings back into my truck.

"All taken car of." He smiles at me. I return the smile. I then think about it and look back at the knife on my bed.

"Fuck" Mars looks at me.

"What's wrong?" He seems slightly confused, looking in the mirror.

"If that bastard was smart, he cut the lines to my trailer. Or at least disconnected them... You mind climbing back out there?" He shakes his head. "Alright, get between my truck and trailer. There should be some curly wires connecting from my truck to the trailer. If they are disconnected or cut come and tell me. Don't try to put them back on. Got it?" He nods and climbs out of the truck again. Soon swinging back in just as I start to get off and exit.

"They look like they were cut with a knife." My brow furrows and I carefully start to ease to a stop.

"Fucking hell, That probably means i'm going to get pulled over for the lights being out on my trailer.." I start up from the light I was stopped at, very carefully making my way to the air docks where I am delivering the Heliodryl.

Author's Note:

Yes there are 4 of these things. Also, I live in America but New Cantorlot is set up like Britian so... I may get some things mixed up in that sense.