• Published 27th Sep 2018
  • 271 Views, 2 Comments

Freezing Dawn - Necro Atom



The Cantorlot Republic help Sunjackers and other crews of New Cantorlot rile up the crime

  • ...
 2
 271

Prologue Chapter 2: Electric Boogaloo

The breeze ruffled through my mane, blowing along the street as the cars drive past. I'm sitting on a roof, my back against another, slightly taller building. A small ear-bud rests in my ear and I am sitting on top of a duffel bag with a lap-top sitting on the roof next to me, tapping my hoof slightly to the beat of Disco Inferno. From down the road an armored truck is driving down the road, 2 police cars with it as well. One in front of it and one behind it. The sleek looking truck is said to be impossible to rob. I say, needs more gunpowder.

"Disco Inferno, Burn baby burn, Disco Inferno, Burn that mother down!" I tap the space bar, a manhole right under the rear bumper of the Armored Truck detonates in a glorious green explosion, the explosion ripping the road up and forcing the rear of the truck in the air, the drivers trying to hit the breaks and that, with the force of the explosion, causes the truck to get over the bumper and with the Stream-lined style of the International it flips, landing on it's roof with a softer boom. The police car in front of it slams on it's breaks and the one behind it was too close to stop in time, the front of the car falling down the hole, the car behind it rear-ending it and sending the police car into the sewer.

"Target Immobilized. Move in." At that phrase that came through my ear piece about 5 ponies come from the darker areas, wearing masks and black clothing with bags around their bodies. All Unicorns with rifles hovering beside them. Suppressed. Now I really need to get to work. I put my computer on my lap and starts going through the Police radios, getting in their GPS routing network and forcing to make it seem the crime happened on a different part of the trucks route. I hear some gunshots and look down off the roof, seeing the unicorns killing the cops. I press my hoof against my ear piece.

"What the hell are you doing!? I thought I told you no death!" I say into my ear piece, "They were incapacitated and the police wouldn't open fire, not with your fire-power. This is unnecessary!" I am staring at one particular pony, the one that organized the entire operation. He must of had a Sixth Sense telling him that I was looking at him as he turns his head and looks up at me, speaking into the ear piece he had.

"You cannot pull off a heist with out casualties. I am simply making sure that none of said Casualties are on my side. How many do you think those bombs you adore so much have killed? You are just like me." He said, the... The nerve of him to think that! I.. Am NOTHING like him..

"The nerve you have even hinting that I am ANYTHING like you is... Just plain insulting. Yes, my bombs have killed. I am not afraid to mention that. Yes I blame myself for those deaths. But... I do not attempt to kill. My bombs all have a purpose when I detonate them. None of them involve taking another's life. You.. Aim that gun. And you choose to pull that trigger." I can feel my self shaking. The anger was prominent in my accented voice.

"Wow Zap, that... Really touched me." He says, he starts making some strange movements with his hooves, his rifle lowering.

"Wait... Really?" My hears lower, I know for a fact he's more stubborn than that. Just from the things he said to the other ponies in the planning stage. Then I notice he is doing sign language, on the roof opposite of the one I am on.

"No." He states firmly, a flash of red makes my eyes widen and my ears lowering, I dive down just as a sniper shot is fired, if I hadn't moved the bullet would of definitely killed me. A new voice, a mare's, speaks over the radio as I grab my lap-top, starting to reroute all police GPS's to this location.

"I missed." The new voice states as I hit enter then I close my lap-top and shove it into my duffel bag. Putting it over myself on my right side.

"You... Missed!? It isn't that hard to kill one damned zebra, i'd know." He shouts. He does? Fuck him. I start to look around, looking for a way to escape, An Assault rifle floats up over the back of the building, many zebra curses go through my head as I jump up and turn around, jumping onto the building next to the one I was on, there's another gunshot and the sniper barely misses me, flying right past my neck, my life flashes before my eyes a bit but I have no time to stop, no time to think. I keep running, jumping up and down on the roof tops, the shots of the sniper barely missing me. My right forehoof catches on a wire on the roof, a frown adopts my face as I trip, I tuck my head in and roll from the trip, getting back to my hooves but just a second to slow, another shot getting fired from across the street, the bullet punches through my bag, and my computer. Digging it's self into my side. I, logically, scream out in pain, falling over onto my side. In seconds my grey suit jacket starts to get stained in red as my blood spreads out from the wound.

I lay on my side, clutching the wound and making sure I am putting pressure on it. My eyes closed and tearing up from the pain. I pull my bag over and start to pull out bandages, taking off my jacket and shirt, wrapping the bandages around myself. Panting a bit and grunting in pain. I take some pain killers and pop them in my mouth. I pull out a new jacket and put it on, moving my taser holster, phone, and wallet over from my other jacket. My computer fried with a hole straight it.

"Seun van 'n teef... I liked that lap-top... I peek over the roof, no sight of the sniper. I roll to my hooves, going over to the back of the building. Looking down the ladder and getting on it, climbing down and hoping onto the ground. Limping a little bit. I start to limp down the alley. Going to the main road and looking around. Starting to walk down the side walk. I take out my wallet and pull out a slip of paper, looking at the number on it. I walk over to a pay-phone, pushing a bit into the slot and taking the phone.

"Hello, is this Interspace?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"I'm Zap. The.. Specialist. You met on the street. The zebra with the Lightning bolt stripes? It seems I just got out of a job... And my computer just got busted."

"Oh my, may I ask how that happened?"

"It involved a sniper and a betrayal... That's all I can tell you.. You have anywhere I can sleep? Or.. At least get some medical assistance that I wouldn't trust going to a hospital with.."

"Well... Yes. Yes I have a place you can stay... I also just met someone who has medical knowledge. Come to the docks, Look for a Black Peterbilt 379."

"Got it. Thank you."

"Of course." The mare hangs up so I do as well. I look around a bit and put the phone back in it's slot. I exit the phone booth and start walking down the sidewalk once more, pulling out a phone and checking the map. The docks are about 2 miles away. I stop when I hear some yelling from down an alley way. I can make out a stallion talking.

"You said you'd have the fucking money bat! Now pay up, or we're taking your damned wings and selling those." I look down the alley way and pull out my Taser with my mouth, starting to walk down the alley towards the voices. 2 stallions are standing over a bat-pony mare. One is an earth pony and the other a pegasus, the earthy has a machete in his mouth and the pegasus has a mechanical leg. Clearly some sort of hunter or loan shark. Some Holographic sights lined up with my right eye appear from the top of the Taser, I fire a stun round at the Earthy with the machete. He drops it, falling onto the ground and spazing on the ground. The Pegasus looks at his companion in confusion then his ears perk and he spins around to me, holding the taser in my hooves and leaning on the wall.

"You do know that is no way to treat a mare, right?" I ask, a bit of cockiness in my voice. The pegasus's face turns red and he charges at me, shouting.

"Shouldn't of done that you striped son of a bitch!" I didn't really expect the sudden rage and he slams into me, shoving me onto the ground, my taser going flying and sliding along the ground. He raises his mechanical and tries to bring it down on my neck, I jerk myself to the side just in time to dodge the blow. That of which cracks the ground. My left rear leg goes up, kicking him right in the balls. The scream of pain is horrific and he jumps 5 feet into the air. I roll out from under him, rolling on my wound and cursing myself in pain. I get to my hooves, stumbling a bit from the pain in my side. He looks at me, clutching his balls and tries to charge at me again, with me against a wall it's clear this one would hurt. I see a small zap of electricity on his side and he starts to spaz just like his friend, falling onto the ground. The bat mare holding the taser in her mouth.

The bat mare herself is white, she has a black dragon tattoo wrapping around her back left leg. Her mane is a dark silver, some very faint blue highlights in her mane and her eyes are pink. The skin on her wings are pink as well. She looks lightly injured and bruised. It doesn't look to serious but she is standing on her left foreleg kinda funny. Doesn't look broken but maybe sprained. The black hoodie she's wearing is torn up a bit, some gashes in them. A hole in the pocket. She looks at me and drops the taser onto her wings, kinda shuffling over to me and giving me the taser. I take it and put it back in my holster. Her voice is soft and absolutely adorable.

"Th-thank you sir. I... They would of taken my wings..." She definitely seems scared, well... Terrified of the concept. And smile a bit, shrugging.

"Eh, what can I say. Save a bat-pony was on my bucket list." She must of noticed the pain in my voice as she frowns at me.

"Did he hurt you too much?" She asked, the concern apparent. She sees me clutching my side a bit and moves my jacket, gasping at the bandaged wound. "Wh-what happened? That... Looks like a bullet wound..." She holds my jacket, staring at the wound. I move her hoof away, letting the jacket fall back down to my side.

"Y-yes it's a bullet wound. And yes, it hurts. No he didn't do much damage to me. I just had to roll out from under him and rolled on the wound. I'm Geskenk. But... You can call me Zap. What's your name?" I carefully sit down. Grunting a little bit as I lean my head back against the wall, sighing.

"M-my name is Sader Sweet." She states. Sitting down infront of me. "I... Can guess how you got the nickname Zap. With the.. Odd stripes and all..." She clearly tries to put it as lightly as she can. I smile a bit, chuckling.

"Quite the sweet talker, eh Sweet?" For some reason she blushes and stutters a bit. My smile just widens, not laughing at her. "I also got the Nick name Zap because my mother was electrocuted during her pregnancy with me but survived. Geskenk is actually Gift in Zebra." She seems slightly surprised to hear that information. I start to get to my hooves. "I.. Have somewhere I need to be." I look over the unconscious stallions. "Why don't you come with?" I ask, my eyes turning back to her.

"Y-yes please..." She says, nodding gratefully. "C-can you elaborate a bit on the.. Electrocutiony thing more on the way?" She asks, looking up at me since i'm a few inches taller than her. I shrug and smile.

"Sure. I can do that." I turn around and start walking, Sader following behind me.

Author's Note:

There is going to be more in Sader's part of the story.