• Published 28th Sep 2018
  • 242 Views, 0 Comments

You're safe - crank1116

  • ...
 0
 242

Chapter 2.

As I walked with Apple Jack she was explaining how life on the farm with Rock Hoof was not only profitable but highly enjoyable.

“Ah swear what that stallion could do in one day what it took me and Mac a week to accomplish and still have something left in the tank fer later on,” said Apple Jack giving a very sly smile.

OK now I know it has been a long time since I've been home but this wasn't something I wanted to hear.

“TMI big sis.”

I could see her get week in the knees every time she thought of her husband. You would think after all these years being married she would be use to his “strength” but no. We made it to the house. Apple Jack told Siri and Gidget to go have fun with the other kids while we went inside. Once inside Apple Jack took Pebble over to a changing table. She put a fresh diaper on her then moved over to the long couch. Apple Jack got comfortable on the couch to let Pebble feed. She put a blanket over her for modesty just in case someone trotted in.

“Granny must be outside. The little one crying always turns her into super granny mode,” said Apple Jack with a chuckle and a wince.

“Hoo wee, I'm glad I'm past that point,” I said,“ there were some nights were I had to feed both in one sitting. It didn't help much that Siri would clamp down too hard.”

“That's nothing sugar cube,” said Apple Jack, “Rocky would empty both teets and be hungry an hours later. Ah had to go to Twilight and get a spell just so ah could produce faster. Safe to say the first year ah was walking funny and couldn't get any bucking done cuz these things had me off balance.”

As I was chuckling about my sister being the milk maid of Sweet Apple Acres I heard hoof steps enter the room. It was Rarity with her two daughters. Diamond her oldest was almost identical to her mother except instead of a horn she had thestral wings. Diamond's cutie mark were three gems like her mother but were a blood red color. She had slitted eyes that were a silvery grey. Rarity’s other daughter Diana was a royal blue thestral with a blood red mane and tail. Her eyes were not slitted but just as silvery grey as her older sister. All who knew Rarity and Blood Moon assumed the eye color came from him. However seeing how he's blind no one actually knew.

“Yes darling and after a while you were able to bottle the milk and sell it for a very substantial profit. I know Twilight used to purchase some for her son because of all the time she spent with Morning Star. Even Trixie and Starlight became faithful customers.”

“Yeah its true,” Apple Jack said, “it took two years fer that spell to wear off. With feeding Rocky ah was still makin ‘bout 3 gallons a day.”

Looking back at Rarity I ask where was Sweetie Belle. She said Sweetie is outside taking care of her little ones. I turned back to see a little head pop out from under the cover with a mixture of milk and drool on her lip. So with feeding time over Apple Jack picked up Pebble wiped the drool away and we all went back outside.

Once we got outside I could see Sweetie Belle. She was sitting at a picnic table with two little hippogriffs in her lap feeding them what looked like fish. As I got closer I found I was right. Sweetie using her magic was feeding one while the other went in on the fish like it was the last one on Equestria.

“Hildegard slow down or you'll give yourself a tummy ache,” said Sweetie.

“Sorry mama,” said Hildegard.

“So now I see you're so busy feeding these cute ones you didn't even see me coming,” I said looking at Sweetie from across the table.

I trotted around the table to give my friend who I haven't seen in years a hug. My attempt was halted because the little hippogriff in Sweetie's lap flared her wings and started to squawk at me.

“Sorry Apple Bloom, Gertrude gets like this when she's around new people,” said Sweetie Belle.

I should have expected this seeing how this was the first time I interacted with her. She was so cute, sky blue eyes a coat of cream with a mane and feather tips of pink. As for her sister just as cute but she was a solid sandy brown with darker brown wingtips and her eyes were green. Just as she was about to speak I could hear the panting and flapping of something big coming my way. I turned to see Godot right behind me.

“Is everything OK hunny?” He said panting.

“Everything is fine (which translates to everything is not fine but we will talk about this ALONE),” Sweetie said quite sternly, “here take Hilde and Trudy over so they can say hi to there grandpa.”

“Y-yes dear.”

I knew that look. That's the do it or you sleep on the couch look. That's the look I would give Pin Point when he would forget something important to me. It didn't have to be a birthday or an anniversary. Just something I found important enough that I gave him fare warning and enough time to prepare and he would forget. Yet I can't stay mad at him for too long. He has been my rescuer, my partner, my best friend, my love, and my protector. So I can give a little slack for his occasional absent mindedness from time to time.

Godot put his girls on his back and walked back over to his father in law. This gave me some time to get back in touch with one of my CMC friends that I haven't seen in years. First thing to come up was my accent or lack thereof. Years living in Whinny city and voice classes will do that to a pony. Then I ask Sweetie Belle where was Melody?

“Oh, she had something she wanted to take of before leaving for wonderbolts academy,” Sweetie said head held low.

I noticed something was bothering her. The mention of Melody totally changed her attitude.

“What was it?” I asked.

Sweetie told me that Melody wanted to see her father, Onyx. I knew personally that with Sweetie Belle that was a chapter of her life she'd rather leave behind. However Melody wanted to see him just once. So Sweetie let her go, but not without an escort. Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo took Melody to the Canterlot dungeon.

“That was three hours ago. I hope they make it home soon,” said Sweetie.

I gave Sweetie a hug and looked up to see pegasus coming in for a landing. Sure enough Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, and Melody all landed next to us. Sweetie launched herself up and hugged her daughter tightly.

“Mama, you're crushing me,” Melody said out of breath.

“Oh, sorry baby I was so worried,” Sweetie replied.

“Nothing to worry about mom. It was a five minute visit, I gave him a picture and then I left. So here we are.”

“Five minutes? You've been gone for almost 4 hours. What took so long?”

“The flight there and back,” said Scootaloo, “once we got there we had to fill out paperwork and have it approved. Then after the meeting Melody needed some time to sort out her emotions. So we all stopped on a cloud and let her have a few moments.”

So now the guest of honor was here the party really started. Pinkie moved like a blur towards Melody. Within five seconds a hat, cake and party whistle were all in
Melody's possession.

“Thanks aunt Pinkie but I start training tomorrow. So no cake for me,” said Melody.

Rainbow Dash flew over and said,“ two things you should know cadet. 1 Pinkie's entire mood goes straight south when someone say no thank you to cake. 2 eat the cake. This will be the best meal you get for a while.”

After watching Pinkie Pie hair start to deflate Melody decided for the best to eat and she loved it. So while Melody was working on her second piece of cake. I wanted to catch up with Scootaloo. Since joining the wonderbolts it had been a long time since we talked.

“So what's it like being a wonderbolt?” I asked.

“It the best thing next to flying,” Scootaloo replied, “it so cool now that Rainbow Dash is the commander. I'm her lieutenant so I'm always there helping her with the new recruits. I also cover for the commander when the need comes up. So any emergency or air show I'm in charge.”

To hear Scootaloo talk about her military career put a smile on my face. Between Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and myself it was Scoots that had it the worst. She was always being moved around from brothel to brothel. I remember a story she told me about how she was purchased by the last pimp before Pin Point saved her. It came down to a very heated game of ‘Go Fish’ of all things. Doing the job with Pin Point for all these years I have seen those who can wash off the filth of being abducted and continue on with their life. I've also seen some who fall like a deck of cards at the mention of what happened to them in their time of abduction. What Scoots was showing me was a military stoic persona. As long as there was some kind of order she was ‘squared away’ so there was no need to worry. As long as Scoots had the wonderbolts she was fine.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+

“OK EVERYPONY GATHER AROUND IT TIME FOR FAREWELL PRESENTS,” Ms. Pie yelled as all the families gathered around the big picnic table. It was close to the time that Melody was to leave with Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo. So I guess now was the time for presents. Apple Bloom called the girls over then nuzzled up next to me. She had a look on her face that just said ‘I love you’ all over it. First was Rarity’s family. Rarity gave her a scarf covered with jewels. At one end was the wonderbolt symbol done in bright amber and the other side was Melody's cutie mark done in obsidian.

“Now you see darling when you become a wonderbolt you can wear this for your first photoshoot,” said Rarity.

“Thank you aunt Rarity.”

Next was Diana. She placed a rectangular box on the table and stepped back. Melody opened the box to find a pair of aviation goggles. Melody looked confused.

“Thanks cuz but you know that I will be getting a pair of these once I get to basic training.”

“Oh, no,” Diana blurted out, “these are the top of the line goggles. The one that Spitfire endorses. The transitional one that can also enhance your flying at night. Daddy helped me to get them.”

“Yes, helped as in she picked them out and I payed for it,” said Blood Moon with a chuckle.

“Wow, Uncle Red, Diana thank you.”

Next was Diamond gave her a flat yet medium size box. Melody opened it to see a large picture frame. Inside the frame were nine small frames. Each frame had a family member inside. Her grandma, grandpa, mom, step dad, aunt and uncle each shared a frame. Hilde, Trudy, Diamond, and Diana had a frame to themselves. A picture of the entire family was in the middle frame.

“See cousin,” Diamond said,“you can keep the picture together or if you want to break each picture down to its own frame. Also there is a magnet on the back of each frame so you can hang the pics up in your locker and you still have one frame left. Maybe for that special somepony….eheh.

“OK cuz, I love it thank you.”

Now the others gave Melody her presents. Twilight gave her a book(of coarse).

“The Art of Aviation Warfare: by Wing Tzu. Thank you aunt Twilight.”

Apple and Rockhoof gave her a quilted blanket. Each patch alternated with a wonderbolt symbol and Melody's cutie mark.

“Ah know how cold it can get being that high up sugar cube,” Apple jack said,“so Rarity, yer mom, and mahself worked on it together.”

“Wow, its big. I love it,” melody replied.

Next was Fluttershy and her husband Cattail. They gave Melody a small jewelry box. Inside was a necklace with a round amber jewel inside.

“This is something from me and my sweetie,” said Cattail,“its gives good luck to those in need. So always keep it close.”

“Thank you it's beautiful.”

“Now last but not least is my present,” said Ms. Pie bouncing in place.

She came out with a film projector. Party Favor set up the screen.

“Now it would be a true end to a party without a stroll down memory lane. Melody Belle this is your life.”

The projector started and the years of Melody’s life in Ponyville was presented on screen. I like the fact that the young pictures of Melody Ms. Pie did take the time to edit. At the end there not a dry eye in the place. Especially my wife. I always carried a handkerchief for teary moments. Working with Apple Bloom over the years it was either invest in a hankie or let her wipe tears on my coat.

It was an hour before sunset and it was time for Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, and Melody to take off. Hugs from old friends and parents were tossed about. A tearful ‘I love you mom’ was whispered into Sweetie Belle’s ear as Melody hugged her, then her step father, and two sisters. She wiped a tear away turned and started to gallop with wings extended. Within two flaps she was in the air headed to a new life and career. The two wonderbolts waved to friends then took to the air in pursuit.

“Be safe my little song,” was what Sweetie Belle said as three dots disappeared behind some clouds.

Author's Note:

As you may have noticed I have a shipped the mane 6. Her is the list:
Pin point and apple bloom
status: married for 5 years
children: search engine aka siri age 5, digital tech aka gidget age 4

rarity and blood moon aka red also blind
status: married for 9 years
children: diamond 8 all white bat pony, diana blue bat pony

twilight sparkle and star tracker
Status: married 11 years
children: morning star 10( a spell that went wrong) unicorn, breezer 7 pegasus, gia 5 earth pony

rock hoof and apple jack
status: married 8 years
children: rock hoof jr. aka rocky 7, pebble 1

rainbow dash and flash magnus
status: engaged
children: none

fluttershy and cattail
status: married 3 years
children: water lily 2

pinkie pie and party favor
status: dating 2 years. pinkie at first just wanted a sire
children: pecan pie 4

sweetie bell and godot a griffon
status: married 3 years
children: melody 16, hildegard 3(hippogriff), gertrude(hippogriff)1

scootaloo
single
lifer wonder bolt.

starlight glimmer, beatrix lulamoon, and sunburst
status: complicated
children: prestidigitation aka presto 7, aequatis 7