• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 574 Views, 39 Comments

Together Again - Bronycommander



Another beautiful day in Equestria, Dinky couldn't be any happier with her human friends. Yet being lonely is troublesome but something wants to change that

  • ...
1
 39
 574

Chapter 2 Dinky’s and Ruby’s story

Chapter 2: Dinky’s and Ruby’s story

At the castle, Twilight got some sandwiches. Dinky did the trick B.J. showed her back then.

“It all began when I practiced my magic. The teleport spell I used overloaded and I found myself in a parking lot. I was wondering where I was as I heard an explosion. I was unharmed but scared. Johann found me. He told me that I was at the London Nautica, a research building. He introduced me to his commander and friend Kurt.” He smiled at her.

“The London Nautica was used to be downtown until the Germans took over.” The officer explained, causing Laura to raise her hand.

“So we did win the war?”

“Yes. After a small encounter with a former allied soldier named William Joseph Blazkowicz B.J. for short, I got to meet his wife Nina. They told me that they wanted to be parents but Nina was barren and taking care of me was like their dream became true.” Dinky took a bite from her sandwich.

“They showed me the London Nautica and I can tell you it was fun and interesting. One day, I became sick and Karl and Anja visited me regularly and we became very good friends. Johann was part of the Luftwaffe. I was told that Wilhelm Strasse also called ‘Deathshead’ was the mastermind behind Germany’s victory. One day, his men tried to take me away but they had an accident and B.J. saved me. I learned this trick from him to calm down. I recommend it. He and his friends took care of me, but the hideout got discovered by Deathshead’s men. They took me to him a-and…” She started to tremble but Nina patted her.

“Shh, let me tell it for you. Let’s just say, he did something terrible to her but my husband saved her. At the same time, Princess Celestia found her. As we wanted to be parents and we were now enemies of our state, Dinky’s family offered that we could be a part of it. Also, we managed to reserve what he did to her.” All humans showed sympathy, smiling sadly at the filly, the former ghost was rather shocked to hear this.

“That reminds me of what happened to me.” Ruby took a deep breath.

“My story began at my old home. I used to live in a town in the Everfree Forest called ‘Sunny Town.’ Unlike other pony’s, we had no idea what a Cutie Mark was. We only knew that there was a plague called Cutie Pox long ago.”

“Ah had it once. It forced me to do the things the marks showed.” The yellow filly explained.

“That’s right, Apple Bloom. I found out that my special talent was finding things. After I gained my Cutie Mark, the leader of the Town, Gray Hoof ordered my friends to- to…” Ruby was close to tears but Mitta comforted her.

“You don’t have to say it, sweetheart. Let me tell it for you.” Everyone who knew Ruby already knew what she meant.

“Anyway, after my daughter died, the town was cursed and we all became… zombies. They all, except for me, had only one goal: Making other ponies a part of ours to ‘protect’ them from getting their Cutie Marks.”

The Human adults and children were shocked, gasping. “Ok, how?” Forren asked confused.

“We don’t know and I think it is better if we don’t know.” Ruby calmed down.

“For some reason, I became a ghost that could still eat and feel. I never understood how it worked. One day, I accidentally led Apple Bloom here. I managed to find an escape route for her. Then I landed in Castle Wolfenstein where Helmut found me.”

“Wolfenstein?” Dinky’s stepfather asked.

“Yes, Johann. He explained that it was March in 1946 and how Germany was close to victory thanks to Deathshead.”

“Never thought, we were from the same universe.” Kurt was speechless.

“The more you know. Helmut showed me the castle. Like Dinky, I met B.J. But this encounter resulted that the commander of Castle Wolfenstein interrogated me but Helmut saved me.

He introduced me to his mother and showed me his home, Wulfsburg, where I got to know my two friends and now siblings. But then something terrible happened. After an earthquake, people that died reanimated as zombies. I read in a letter that some kind of gas was responsible for it. Again, Helmut saved me with the help of B.J.

Together we fought our way through the burning city and came to the Church ruins where a dig site was. Inside, we had to fight a giant monster. After we defeated it, a friend of B.J. saved us. Then mommy found me. As Apple Bloom got help, the curse was over and I and my mother got a second chance as she was the only one who resisted against the curse. As my real father died shortly after my birth, I see Helmut as my father and live with him happily.” She smiled. “He and they became a part of my family as their parents died and Helmut lost his home, friends, and mother. He was just 18 back then.”

“I heard what happened there back then. My condolences.” Johann had sympathy, looking sad at the young man, who waved a hand.

“It’s alright, Johann.”

“Well, who should tell next?” Ray asked.

“I would like to tell my story.” Sweetie Belle offered.

“Wait a second. How did you get your Cutie Marks?” Ruby asked her friend.

“Simple, Ruby. We found out that our special talent is to help other ponies. And with yours, we will find those ponies.”

“Oh stop it, Apple Bloom.” Ruby blushed.

“Well, the beginning of my story is similar to Dinky’s.” Sweetie Belle took a bite and smiled and Franz and Marie. She had their support and she loved them with all her heart.