• Published 7th Sep 2018
  • 452 Views, 5 Comments

Grief - ItzRainbow



This is in a parallel universe. PLEASE READ RAINBOW FACTORY AND REBORN FIRST.

  • ...
 5
 452

Revised Break with Button

A break with Button.

Hi. I’m Buttonmash. This is the story about my first date with Sweetiebelle, the best marefriend a little colt like myself could ever ask for.

It was a warm day at sugar cube corner…

“Milkshake race!” - I scream in delight, gulping down the frozen liquid as fast as I can

Sweetie just stares at me, with an expression that almost says ‘am I really attracted to this colt’

Suddenly I stop drinking the milkshake.

“Ooooooooowwwwwwweeeeeee” I scream as the brain freeze sets in,

Those were the days, back when she was always around to pick up after my stupidity.

“Oh button” Sweetie said, with an annoyed look on her face

I just stared at the pretty little filly, with my glossy childlike eyes.

“What?” Sweetiebelle squeaked

“Um… I… um, think you, are kinda, sorta… cute?” I remember hesitating a lot before saying this, my cheeks more red than a tomato

Sweetiebelle blushes.

She scoots closer to me, I feel embarrassed at first

Sweetie is now positively steaming,

"Button...I...I think your cute too.."

I was overcome with joy, she..actually thinks I'm cute too...! Ugh! What do i do!?

She leaned in for a kiss.

And suddenly I was overcome by nervousness,

‘I’ve never even kissed a mare before’,

‘I can’t mess this up!’

‘I can't do this....’

“Uhhh…. I uh, gotta go!”

Sweetie Belle gave him a questionable look but, Without another word the both of us leave, not looking once at each other until the next school day.

“Welcome, class! We have a new classmate today, Applebloom’s cousin is in town, Babs seed! Everyone say hi to Babs!” - Cheerilee said with a wide smile

The class all gave a wave to the somewhat intimidating mare.

“Hi Babs” they all said in unison

“Today, we will be taking a day off. Seeing as this is the last day of school!”

‘How had I forgotten? It was the last day of school already?’

Time always seemed to fly back then, I always used to have fun, back before the… nvm.

The whole class cheered, snapping button out of his trance.

As cheerilee tried to calm down the class, Button looked for Sweetie.

‘She isn’t in her normal spot, where is she?’

Button looked around.

It had seemed, for a second as thought the entire class had disappeared, except for Babs, who seemed to be, Angry?

She walked to her seat.

The mare in front of her, twist turned towards her.

"H-Hey Babs"

Babs didn't respond, she only looked at her.

"B-Babs..? B-" she waved her hoof.

"Quiet!!" Screamed Babs

The room went silent. Everypony stared at Babs,

Ms. Cheerilee spoke up

"Babs...are you okay? do you need to step out for a moment?" She had a worried expression on her face.

"No! I'm..I'm fine" She rest her head onto her hoofs and stared at her desk.

This definitely wasn't right.

Babs was a bad**s, she was never this… spacey. At least from what Button has heard from the CMC about her.

What could have made her so angry that she had an outburst in school?

Granted, it was pretty bad…

“Button?” Sweetiebelle said, waving a whove in front of the little colt.

“Are you alright, you seem a bit, off? I don’t know how to explain it. You aren’t acting like your normally nerdy self!”

“Wwa-whaaaaaaaat??” Buttonmash looked back at the mare, his eyes coming back into focus.

Buttonmash looked at Sweetie Belle.

She was staring at him with an interesting look in her eyes. One of, concern?

"Is she gonna be okay?" Buttonmush looked at where Babs had been sitting just moments ago.

This was the day that changed my life forever.

“Who?”

“Babs, she got really mad! She told everyone to quiet down, it all seemed like something bad happened!”

“Button, you have been passed out on the ground for like 5 minutes, I was going to call my sister but you finally came to it”

‘What the heck? It all felt so real.’ Button thought to himself.

Something wasn’t right. Buttonmash knew this, but he felt as though some mysterious magic was trying to fix a wrong that happened, or that was happening? Or that would be? Button didn’t think all of these questions, he mostly thought of how this seemingly had all been caused by a simple ice cream headache.