• Published 31st Aug 2018
  • 512 Views, 2 Comments

First Week of Summer - Zenyattaluver677



It's the first week out of school for the summer and Adagio now has no way to escape the behavior between Aria and Sonata.

  • ...
 2
 512

Day 2 - Stop Being A Baby

It was the second day of the girls summer vacation, it was about 11:30 in the morning and Adagio'd just finished cleaning the kitchen up from that morning's breakfast. Aria was playing a game on her phone and lounging on the couch in the living room and Sonata had gone downstairs to the basement to play with her toys that were in her playroom. Adagio walked into the living room from the kitchen through the little doorway that connected the living room to the kitchen, there was a doorway on the far side of the living room from where Adagio'd entered and that one connected the living room to the hallway. She walked over, sat down in her reclining chair, grabbed the remote off the arm of her reclining chair and turned on the TV to try and find something to watch that appealed to her, looking first to see if one of her shows was on that day. When she saw that none of her shows were on, she switched to the movie channels and began to look through the three movies that were currently on, two were horror movies, one called Hush and one called Lights Out, there was also a little kid's movie on, it was called Nine Lives.

"Ooh, this looks interesting." Adagio said after reading the description on one of the horror movies.

"What looks interesting?" Aria asked, pausing her game and looking over at Adagio.

"This horror movie, it's called Lights Out. Want to watch it?" Adagio explained, turning to Aria and asking her younger sister if she wanted to watch the horror movie.

"What's it about?" Aria asked again, not really wanting to watch the movie if it was about something she found stupid.

"It looks like it's about these two kids, a brother and a sister, who are experiencing some sort of supernatural entity that's out to get their whole family." Adagio answered after reading over the description of the movie again to sum it up and explain it easily.

"Sure, why not." Aria answered, turning off her phone and setting in on the side table beside the couch that was behind her at the moment because she was lounging on the couch. Forgetting at the moment that Sonata would get scared if she came upstairs and saw the movie.

Adagio clicked on the channel that the movie was on and her and Aria began to watch it, neither of them noticing when Sonata walked up the basement stairs and began to walk towards them in the hallway a few minutes later because she wanted something and was going to ask Aria to get it for her because it was something she wouldn't be able to reach on her own. When Sonata walked through the doorway and into the living room, she looked to see what was on the TV and immediately regretted it when she saw something scary happen, since she'd entered quietly, neither of her sisters knew she was there. Sonata quickly knelt down, crawled over to the couch and didn't bother to give warning before she climbed onto the couch and huddled up to Aria, her older and protective sister.

"What's the matter?" Aria softly asked her younger sister when she saw her huddle up to her, looking down at her.

"That's what's the matter." Sonata exclaimed, pointing to the TV before burying her face into her older sister's chest so she wouldn't have to see what was happening on the TV.

"It's ok. It's just on the TV." Aria softly said again, gently beginning to rub Sonata's back to calm her down after seeing what her sister had pointed at and realising she was scared of what she'd pointed at.

"What's the problem?" Adagio flatly asked, looking over at her two younger sister's and shooting them a confused look.

"Sonata's scared of what we're watching on the TV, so, could you change the channel to something that isn't scary to her." Aria explained to Adagio, looking over at her and asking her if she could change the channel on the TV to something else.

"Sonata. Stop being a baby! Nothing you see on the TV is real." Adagio exclaimed to Sonata, completely ignoring what Aria'd asked her to do.

"Adagio stop it. She's not being a baby, she's just scared of it." Aria flatly said, keeping her tone of voice calm but putting firmness into so she could keep Sonata calm but still argue with Adagio.

"Ugh! She really needs to learn that sometimes she should just ignore what she sees on TV, and no, I will not change the channel because I want to watch this movie." Adagio exclaimed to Aria, crossing her arms tightly across her chest and glaring at her.

"Fine! I'm not going to watch it with you though." Aria flatly replied, continuing to rub Sonata's back to calm her down.

"Whatever. I don't care if you watch it or not." Adagio flatly stated before turning back to the TV to continue watching the movie.

"Come on Sonata, I'll take you upstairs." Aria softly said to Sonata, gently sitting up on the couch and then standing up, allowing Sonata time to wrap her legs around her waist and her arms around her shoulders.

When Sonata was situated, Aria grabbed her phone and then quietly left the living room, walked down the hall a bit before turning and heading up the stairs to were the girls bedrooms were. Once she was on the second level of the house, she quietly walked down the hallway towards her bedroom, when she got to her bedroom, she softly opened her bedroom door, walked into her room, turned on the light and then closed her bedroom door behind her. After closing her bedroom door, she walked over to her bed and gently sat down, plugging her phone into her charger that was sitting on her bedside table and then setting Sonata down on her lap after getting herself comfortable on her bed.

"Do you want to watch some of your cartoons while you calm down a little?" Aria softly asked a couple minutes later when Sonata looked up at her, she could still see the fearful expression on her face and in her eyes.

"Yeah." Sonata answered quietly.

"Ok, let me get my laptop off of my desk and then you can watch cartoons on it, since my phone needs to charge." Aria softly explained, gently moving Sonata off her lap so she could get up to get her laptop.

Sonata watched her older sister get off the bed and walk over to her desk where her laptop always sat. She continued to watch as Aria unplugged her laptop and then turned and walked back over to the bed and gently crawled onto it and sat back at the headboard where she'd sat down before. Aria got herself comfortable before opening her laptop, turning it on and then entered her password so she could log into it, after she logged in, she went to app that had all the cartoons on in. Once she was in the app, she went to the sidebar menu and clicked on where she had the cartoons that Sonata liked saved, when she was there, she clicked on the first cartoon on the list and leaned back on her bed as the cartoon began to play on her laptop. Sonata leaned into her older sister and gently wrapped her arms around Aria's torso and rested her head on the side of Aria's right shoulder while she watched her cartoons, Aria smiled at her while she watched the cartoons with her younger sister, she didn't mind the cartoons because she watched them with her sister lots.

Author's Note:

Here's the second chapter in this story, I really hope you enjoyed reading this one because I certainly enjoyed writing it. I love that Aria chooses to watch cartoons with Sonata over watching the horror movie with Adagio, and also how Adagio blows up at Sonata for being scared.