• Published 10th Dec 2011
  • 4,510 Views, 145 Comments

Unexpected Love - Vinyl Scratch

  • ...
7
 145
 4,510

Chapter 2

Without needing to look Vinyl knew everypony's eyes were on her. Oh come on Scratch what's the matter with you?! You got to get out of here quick before they figure out what you're hiding. If they do, then it will be Manehattan, and Hoofington all over again. I don't want to leave, and never see her again. I can't let that happen! I just made a new friend and if I have to live behind shades my whole life to get more or just keep this one,I will! Vinyl started to walk out of the elevator when she bumped into a pony. She looked up to see who she bumped, it was Octavia and the ensemble, they were already in-front of her.

Octavia just stared into Vinyl's eyes, her crimson red eyes, all she could do is stare as she saw all the emotion's in Vinyl's eyes. All but the one Vinyl wanted her to see. What she saw was fear, fear of a new start and the loss of something new, anger, anger at herself for causing problems her life, but what message stood out the most in her eyes was a plead of help to be accepted. But the most important message that she missed was, love, something Vinyl never had from other ponies. "Vin--" She was cut off early when she saw Vinyl make a dash for the stairs.

"Vinyl" she said in a soft voice.

Vinyl stopped at the door, "I'm sorry Octy..." Vinyl said with small tears starting to form in her eyes. "I'm sorry." Octavia just stood still and watched Vinyl run through the door. Vinyl dashed down the stairs charging through any pony that stood in her way.

"Vinyl... what's the matter?"

"Well what are you waiting for?" A brown stallion with white hair and a piano for a cutie looked at her.

"What am I supposed to do,William?"

"Well isn't it obvious?" An offset white mare with blue eyes and yellow mane said. "Go after her!"

"But why m--"

"Duh because you like or maybe even love her!" Golden Harp firmly said.

"W-what?! I do not!"

Golden Harp just looked at Octavia and rolled his eyes. "Okay whatever maybe you don't, but isn't she your friend?" He looked into Octavia's eyes. "Go to her. You saw the message in her eyes right?"

"I guess you're right, but why me? I can't help her with her fear or anger."

"Ugh you're so clueless. You only saw those, can't believe you missed one."

"Which one?"

"Love! Even if you don't love her, she loves you. It was all over her face and in her eyes" Golden Harp was now serious. Octavia didn't know how to respond to his sentence. So she just stood there confused about what just happened trying to comprehend on what he said.

"MOVE!" Golden harp broke Octavia out of state of confusion with his yell. She looked at him for a second and said to him, "Thanks better go find her before she does something unintelligent and down right dumb." She dashed for the door Vinyl went through. Octavia was searching every inch for Vinyl but to no avail. Oh come on Vinyl where are you? You saved my life now let me save yours.

~one hour or so later~

Vinyl was running aimlessly through out Canterlot. Where am I going to go next? Why in the name of Celestia did this happen to me? Am I not allowed to be happy? This isn't fair! She stopped in-front of a store that had a mirror in it and she just stared into it. Her eyes, red all around from the tears that she tried to fight back. She then looked at the floor unsure of what to do. "Why do I need to hide behind something? I wish I could just..." Vinyl notice a shadow from behind her and a hoof came down on her shoulder. She turned her head to see who it was. To her surprise it was an out of breath Octavia that looked her directly in her eyes. Vinyl thought she would see something of hatred in her eyes, but it wasn't, what she saw was a look of concern. "Oct-" She was stopped early by Octavia's hoof smacking her in the back of her head.

"What is the matter with you?!"

"Whats the matter with me?! I'm not the one smacking other ponies around." Vinyl was rubbing the back of her head.

Octavia noticed that Vinyl was starting to turn back to normal. "Vinyl... I know you need to talk to me about what happened earlier in the elevator, okay?"

Vinyl looked at the floor once again and gave a surrendering sigh, "Okay fine. I'll tell you about that, but, only on three conditions"

"What are these 'conditions'?" Questioning her in a suspicious way.

"Number one, I need to get a new pair of shades at my house first."

"Okay."

"Number two, we go to your place and you make us something to eat."

"Wait what?"

"Make us some food, I can't tell you the truth on an empty stomach for,goodness sake. We skipped breakfast."

"Well... fine, I guess I can make us something to eat. So what's number three?"

"Number three," Vinyl looked at the floor her spirit changing once again to a sad one, She could feel tears starting build up again, "Please, please please don't hate me for my eyes, ple-" Octavia through her self at the ruby red eyed unicorn, giving her giant hug and gently stroking her mane.

"It's okay Vinyl, let it out." Vinyl let out all of tears not fighting them back any more. Is this what has been tugging at my heart? Somepony who would listen and care for me? I can't lose her no matter what. I'll fight for her even if it kills me, thank you Celestia, thank you!

"Come on Vinyl, you held on to this far too long. Lets finish this at my house over some sandwiches." Octavia's voice was so soothing that Vinyl it made her stopped crying, well until they get back at Octavia's place probably.

The two walked side by side down the street. Both of them getting looks from other ponies, to which Octavia just stared them down till they walked away in fear.Vinyl kept her head low, not wanting any other pony to see her eyes.The two have finally reached Vinyl's house. Vinyl entered her home walked to the cramp living room that was filled with electronic devices and wires. She used her magic to grab a pair of glasses that were inside a glass box, brought them in front of her and just stared at them.

"You okay Vinyl?"

"Yea... just remembering the first day I got these from my dad."

"Oh... so where does your dad live any way?"

"In Manehattan's graveyard."

Octavia put one hoof over her mouth and gasped."I'm so sorry Vinyl, I had no idea."

"It's cool Octy..." Putting her glasses on. "If your truly sorry then you will make us something delicious to eat." She gave a smile, but not a fake one. A true smile. Octavia gave a smile at Vinyl and they both trotted to Octavia's house.

~Half an hour or so later~

"Here we are again."

"Really Vinyl? I couldn't tell." She said in a sarcastic voice. They walked in the building and up the stairs. Octavia walked to her door,Vinyl close behind. They stopped in front a door that had '200' on the front.

"Wait a second Octy, this is the 12th floor and this is only the 200th room?"

"Yea the rooms are really big."

"Oh, okay."

Octavia pushed the door open. Golden Harp was waiting in front of the door for them with a ear to ear grin, "SO, 'Octy' did you and Vinyl here kiss to make it all better?" Golden Harp received a look from Octavia that would make Celestia step down from her throne. Golden Harp ignored it and he wanted to push her over the edge, well cause, he could and he wanted to see her reaction plus Vinyl's. "I see...so you didn't... you went one step ahead, and just hit the beds!" He chuckled but quickly held both of his sides from pain. Both Vinyl and Octavia gave him a straight jab to his ribs. Both looked at each other and started to giggle.

"Serves you right. Great job girls." The offset white mare said.

"Thanks Silver Ring" Octavia and Vinyl took a seat across from each other.

"Soooo Vinyl."

"Ya?"

"You going to tell me the story or not?"

"What now?"

"Ya know."

"I said I would tell you. Not your ensemble!"

"Tell us what?"

"Come on Vinyl they deserve to know about your past too."

"Octy... I really don't wanna."

"Oh, story time." Golden Harp sat on the couch with a smile on his face. "Can't wait to hear this."

"UGH... fine, fine, but I swear Golden Harp if you tell any one about this I will pull your eyes out shove them down your throat so you can see me pound your stomach in and rip your intestines out and use them to hang you. That goes for the rest of you too. Mostly you, Octy since I know where you live." Vinyl gave a peaceful and Innocent smile.All four of them gave a gulp and shook their head up and down rapidly. "Good... Hey Octy, can I have some beer or whiskey while I tell you this?"

"Y-yea no problem." Octavia got up and quickly fetched some whiskey.

"Great now I can tell this story..." Everypony sharpened their ears to make sure they don't miss a word. Vinyl got into a comfortable position, popped the cap off, and drank the whiskey, straight. "Well I'm not telling you the whole story, but only the biggest reasons why I hate my eyes." She took another sip of the whiskey. "I was in Hoofington trying to get a gig..."

~Flashback~

"Oh come on there is only three bars here and one of them already turned me down, cut a mare some slack."

"NO, 'DJ PON-3' I will not I'm not going to hire a fillyfooler here, I'm not against it, however other people will be, which will make me lose customers."

"Maybe, but I can get you even more customers" Vinyl said slamming her hoofs down on the table.

"NO THAT'S FINAL NOW GET OUT PLEASE!" The bar owner slamming his hoofs on the table too.

"FINE! LIKE I CARE ANY MORE! I GOT ONE MORE BAR LEFT!" Vinyl yelled back leaving the bar very mad and slamming the door so hard with her magic that the glass on the top have of the glass door broke."Celestia damn it, he's acting like I went out with a mare, I only asked two mares and they both turned me down so he can just buck off." she muttered herself.

"Well here is the last bar in town, lets do this." Vinyl rose a hoof and knocked on the door.

"Hhhhheeeellllllooooo." The barcolt/owner popped his head out see who it was. "What can I do for you missy?"

"Oh well hello I was wondering if you need a DJ fo-"

"Wait a second I know you... we went to the same school when we you were a filly and I was a colt."

"Really that's amazing... wait.. are you Morgan?"

"Yup that's me best bartender in Hoofington."

"So can I get a job here?"

"Sorry sweety, but the answer is no."

"Why?"

"It's because of that thing."

"You mean the gender of pony I prefer?"

"No silly it cause... of your eyes. They aren't normal sure in school they might of been cool in the first month or two but it's really creepy. Sorry." The bartender closed the door and blinds.

"Because of my eyes?" Vinyl just looked at the ground for one hour. Thinking the same thing over and over in her head,Because of my eyes, because of my eyes, because of my eyes, because of my eyes. Until somepony poked her in the shoulder. "Huh what happened?" She looked to her left. "Bon Bon?"

"Hey there Scratch whats up?"

"Not much just got turned down by bars like two minutes ago."

"Two? I saw you looking at the floor for about 20 minutes."

"Really?!"

"Ya, wanna go to my shop and get something to eat, on the house."

"Of course I do." The two walked down the street talking to each other and catching up on old times.

"So after you moved out of your parents, how have you been doing?"

"Not to bad get a job here and there."

"Well th-" Bon Bon was cut of early by a Pegasus who was all blue and a regular customer of her's.

"Bon Bon? Please how are you?"

"Oh hey Blue."

"How are...you... doing?" She noticed the DJ pony besides her looked at her and said to Bon Bon, "Please don't tell me you know this fillyfolling freak!"

"What did you call her?"

"Wanna say that to my face with your sorry excuse you call wings!"

"What's that expose to mean?!"

"It means your wings looks like somepony just took a blue bird, used magic to blow it up and stuck the feathers on to you with glue!"

"If you wanna talk about things that are sorry excuses, just look at your eyes and your mom!" Vinyl just froze in place looking at the ground feeling her anger go past it's limit. "Whats the matter baby going to cry?"

"Oh no, you shouldn't of said that..." Bon Bon ran for cover.

"Why she's not going to do any-" She was silenced by a straight hoof slamming her in the face, causing her to fly back and plant her face on the wall. She slid down slowly opening her wings and flapped them two or three times to keep her from hitting the ground. She then turned around and saw the DJ drop her glasses on the floor and her normally ruby red eyes looked more like a blood lust color to the Pegasus. "Okay lets just calm down here." She could feel the blood drip from her mouth, she tried to fly off before things got ugly.

"Where do you think your going?" Vinyl asked in such a pissed off voice that Luna's and Celestia's angered royal voice would bow in fear. She then used her magic to grab the Pegasus and throw her to the ground. "You can talk all the crap you want about me, but say one thing just one bad thing about my mom or my eyes, and I'll kill you!" The Pegasus was covered in fear, as she tried to stand up backing up from Vinyl.

"Please just stop this, I didn't mean it" She tried to plead but to no avail.

"Don't say your sorry, you don't know what sorry is yet." Vinyl started to walk closer to her. She stepped on something so she looked down to see it, it was a glass bottle. She used her right fore-hoof to step on the end flipping it in the air then catching it in her wrist. she then smashed the bottom of the of the glass and broke it, razor sharp edges were left on it.

"NO, Please NO" The Pegasus got on the ground begging for her life.

"Please Vinyl don't, let her go" Bon Bon said in the distance. Vinyl looked over at Bon Bon and gave a really pissed off sigh.

"You're lucky today 'Blue' that Bon Bon is here I don't want her to see such blood shed from you. So you can leave this time but if I ever catch you talking about my mother or my eyes again I swear to Celestia I will go and kill the princess first if I need to get to you."

"Oh... yes... of course...never again I promise." The Pegasus said, flying so fast that people would think Rainbow Dash wouldn't match the speed.

Vinyl dropped the bottle looked at Bon Bon with happy eyes. "Thanks Bon Bon couldn't tell how much longer I could hold that bluff."

Bon Bon had a surprised expression, "You mean you weren't going to kill her?"

"Nah about a punch is all I can give her. I can't kill anypony, are you crazy?" She said with a silly grin. "That's the reason I dropped my shades my eyes can't hide emotion." Using her magic to put on her shades.

"Oh so that's why you wear them."

"No that's not why."

"Then why?"

"Cause nopony likes my eyes."

"That's not true Scratch." Finally meeting up to where Vinyl was. "You know I do."

"Well yea, I guess that's why you're my best friend, Oh and cause you are one awesome cook. Get the hint?" Vinyl said with a smile.

"Ya I got it Scratch. Lets go"

~Mid morning in the next day, when Vinyl got rejected twice more from clubs and heading home~

"Man these ponies don't know how good I a- OH MY CELESTIA!" Vinyl stood in-front of her apartment that was on fire! "What happened!!!!" Vinyl yelled in horror. A firestallion came up to Vinyl and put a hoof on her shoulder. Making sure she was okay. After Vinyl was done complaining about all of her songs gone and money too, the firestallion gave her an unopened note. He told her it was found addressed to her next to her place. She looked at the note and her jaw dropped.

"That son of a .... I can't believe she burned my ho- Oh no Bon Bon!" Vinyl dashed out to Bon Bon's place when Finally reaching it, she saw it was burning to. Then she saw a crying Bon Bon next to the building and went to check on her, but when she finally got to her all she could say was "Bon -" before the Police colt grabbed Vinyl started to pull her back.

Bon Bon stood up and looked at the colt as he called for back up. "What are you doing with Scratch?"

"She is the culprit, ma'am"

"What are you talking about I came to check on Bon Bon to make sure her house didn't burn like mine."

"You're house is burning to?" Bon Bon asked.

"Yea that damn blue Pegasus did this."

"Nice try you red-eyed monster, all the evidence points to you."

~After Vinyl was sent to spent an 'x' number of time in jail~

"What do you mean you won't let me rent?!"

"What I mean is exactly what I said."

"But you're the last pony in town."

"NO IS NO. NOW LEAVE."

Vinyl didn't argue. And so, she left Hoofington knowing no pony wanted her anywhere near and the same would happen again... according to the note.

~Flash back over~

Every eye on Vinyl once again they all got up and gave Vinyl a group hug.

"Oh come on guys,let me go!" Vinyl struggled to get free but to no avail.

After what seemed 12 minutes of hugging, Octavia let go and looked at Vinyl. "So what about Bon Bon?"

"Never saw her again." Vinyl said flatly. "But I would like to see food again Octy. It's dinner time!"

"OH,yes I forgot. Let me get started on that."