• Published 30th Jul 2018
  • 698 Views, 14 Comments

A Fresh Start - ultspideyfan



Peter Parker, a seventeen year old earth pony stallion, has moved to Ponyville looking for a fresh start on his life.

  • ...
5
 14
 698

Life in a small Town

Peter woke up early for a mornings patrol. Nothing new and exciting happened. Peter fought off four crooks from robbing a boutique, stopped a mugging, and stayed clear of the Royal guardsman.

"Seriously what's with these guys not understanding that I'm the good guy? I don't like it when the proper authorities make me punch them in the face." Peter chomped down the rest of his burrito. He pulled out his phone seeing a message sent from Trixie.

"Come over to the pizzeria. There's someone that Shy wants you to meet. Wait, Ponyville has a pizzeria?"

Peter zipped through Ponyville going in the direction his mini map was telling him to go. "Why didn't I think of putting a HUD in my mask until now? Would've helped so much with finding that Vulture guy a while back."

Peter landed on the roof of a building. Seeing the pizzeria from a distance. "So the famous Freddy Fazbear's pizzeria is in Ponyville. How come Sasuke never told us."

Back in his civilian clothes, Peter fixed his mane as he walked through the pizzeria's doors.

"Welcome to Freddy's, where magic and fun come to life!" A female Pegasus with a Freddy's cap on and a navy blue uniform stood behind a desk.

"I'm Peter Parker. Uh Fluttershy asked me to come here to meet someone."

"Yes, she told me that a Mr. Parker would be coming over here. Just walk down that hall to your right and you'll be right where you want to be."

Peter walked into the mouth of the hallway. There was dead silence. As soon as Peter exited the hall, his ears were filled with the sound of children yelling, an arcade game going off, and the animatronic bear and his pals singing a tune.

"Those animatronics look so life-like."

"That's because they're not animatronics Parker." Startled, Peter turns to face a male Earth Pony in a purple jacket with a golden badge on it. He was wearing a black button up shirt under it. The jacket's collar laid resting near his shoulders.

The stallion's mane was a shade of black and his eyes were a dark blue. His smile was genuine and his postor was what you'd expect of a businessman.

Peter hadn't realized that he was now giving the stallion a handshake.

"Nice to finally meet you. I'm—"

"William Uchiha Afton! Sasuke told me a lot about you! I thought I'd see you in a blue suit or something." William chuckled.

"You would've if I was twenty."

"What did you mean by they're not animatronics?"

"Animatronics became too dangerous. So me and Itachi decided to hire actors to portray the original characters.

"Who made the music?" William led Peter into an Employees Only Room. There he found a group of workers sitting at tables, chatting with each other, and just enjoying some pizza.

William and Peter stopped in front of two mares, one being a Unicorn, the other a Earth Pony.

"Peter Parker meet Octavia and Vinly or as the internet knows her as, DJPon3. Ladies, this is Trixie and Shy's friend."

"Nice to meet you." Octavia shook Peter's hand. Vinyl waved at Peter. "Oh Willie you forgot to mention that Vinyl's a mute." Peter stopped to stare at Vinyl, who returned his gaze with a smile.

"Oh yeah. My fault. Vinyl can't speak as Octi has told you. She conveys her emotion through dubstep. She's really good at it you need to listen to her music."

William looked at his watch. "Sorry, Pete, but I gotta go. I'm leaving for Manehattan, gonna go hang out with my brothers. It was nice meeting you."

"Nice to meet you too William."

Peter left the pizzeria feeling the need to explore Ponyville. Especially since he was going to go back in to patrol soon. Peter changed into his costume and zipped back to the town.

Trixie sat alone in her home, the envelopes in her hand were making her miserable.

"So many damn bills to pay. I think I might need to get another job. Fazbear's has been helping, but being nighttime security doesn't pay all the bills. Not even my own store is enough," Trixie grumbles. "Get a damn job already Parker."

Trixie got up from the table and left the dining room and headed for her bedroom. Trixie walked past Peter's bedroom, but stopped. She turns around and heads to the door. She grabs the knob and turns it until she opens the door.

"Sweet mother of Luna! It's like a tornado came in here." Peter's room was in shambles. Bags were hidden in the closet, papers and a computer took up the space on his desk, parts were in a trash bag, and a picture was hanging above his desk.

Trixie walked over to check out the picture. She was standing next to Peter, who was standing next to a blonde mained stallion. She couldn't remember where the picture was taken or who the blonde stallion was.

Trixie brought her focus down to a piece of paper that had some sketches on it.

"Guess Petey was choosing how the new duds should look. Glad he stuck with the original concept." Trixie stared at the sketches.

"If you told ten year old me that one day her best friend Peter would later become a super hero named Spider-Mane, I'd call you crazy."

Trixie flipped the paper over to the back and took Peter's mechanical pencil and began to sketch something out. An hour passed by and Trixie finished jotting down a final note.

"It's time for this girl *yawn* to hit the sheets." Trixie left the room making sure to close it. As she was getting ready to enter her room she heard a groan. Trixie peeked her head passed the corner to see Spider-Mane rip his mask off his face.

"Today was a long day. I really need to find a job, gotta help Trixie pay the bills. *Yawn* should get some sleep." Trixie watched as Peter's body hit the sofa. Trixie walked over to him and grabbed the blanket wrapped around the side of the sofa.

Trixie drapes the blanket over Peter's body, covering every part of the costume.

"Sweet dreams Peter." The lights in Trixie's house went out. Ponyville once again succumbed to sleep. Only two individuals were wide awake.

"Did you get Dr. Octavius?" Otto used the controller to move the arm upward. The arm did as it was commanded, but it continues to shake.

"It's no use Twilight. There still far too many bugs!" Otto set the controller down and sighs. "You should head back home Twilight. It's late."

"We're getting there Dr. Octavius. Slowly, but surely." Otto nodded, his smile returning. Twilight picks up her backpack, putting the straps on. She grabs her ID and begins to head out the door. She stops, remembering something.

"Dr. Octavius...I think we could use some more help in the lab. Maybe with an extra hand he can solve the bugs that we couldn't."

"What are you suggesting Twilight?"

"There's this stallion, Trixie's friend, Peter Parker. According to Trixie he loves science. Maybe he could help us out in the lab."

Otto thought this over. "We could use some more help. Maybe..."

"Tell your friend Trixie to tell Peter that there's a job hiring someone who's willing to use their brains to help the world."

"I'll tell her as soon as possible. Goodnight Dr. Octavius!"

The lab was silent. Otto looked at the arm. They've been working on this thing for months and yet they still couldn't get the bugs out.

"Mr. Parker, you better be one hell of a scientist."

A train stopped dead. A stallion in a suit stepped out wiping the blood from his hands. The train workers were beaten to death. One of them had his face bashed in.

The stallion sniffed the air. A big toothy grin spread across his face. He began to laugh.

"You thought you could get away from me didn't you Parker. Thought you could bring back the pitiful piece of shit of a stallion that I'm forced to share a body with. Let me tell you something Parker. All hell is gonna break loose. I'm gonna engulf this town in flames!" The stallion's laughter was the only thing that pierced the dead silence.