• ...
25
 4
 1,931

Witch Hunting 1

“Could someone explain why we're here,” Rainbow Dash asked

“The witch we're looking for; Starlight Glimmer lives out here,” Kid replied

The group was quite a ways away from Canterlot as they began the hunt for their first witch. It was hard to believe that only two years ago they defeated the original kishin, Asura; which also saw Twilight becoming an alicorn and Kid as Grim Reaper.

Now; Twilight and the others were teachers at the DWMA, while Vinyl was the combat instructor. Kid was still looking to find the last witch soul needed to make his weapon partners Death Scythes.

“There is good news,” Applejack said “I see a village in the distance.”

“As we don't know what's waiting for us, everyone please take your weapon forms.”

With the village pointed out, everyone seemed to find energy as they wanted to get there as soon as they could. Upon nearing the village, Kid had an odd feeling about it; but didn't know how to act on it to inform the others.

“Greetings weary travelers. I am Starlight Glimmer and I'd like to welcome you to my humble utopia,” Starlight said “Perhaps your weapons could use a rest?”

Not wanting to be rude to their host; Kid and the others released their partners before everyone headed inside.

“If you'll follow me, I'll show you to your rooms,” Starlight said cheerfully

Kid and his partners were directed to the final house on one side of the road, while the the others would take the house opposite side. Eight large houses stood side-by-side, with a single house placed between the others at one end.

“Thank you for showing us the rooms.”

“You're welcome. Perhaps introductions are in order,” Starlight suggested

“I'm Kid, and these are my partners Cloud Chaser and Flitter.”

“I'm Twilight Sparkle and these are my friends Rarity, Fluttershy Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Pinkie Pie,” Twilight said, motioning to the others

“I'll give you some time to get adjusted before dinner,” Starlight said

After she left, Kid led the others to an area far away from the others to have a little privacy.

“I've got a bad feeling about this village. According to the report, Starlight is a witch, so it's possible that she might have cast a spell over everyone.”

“Not only that; but the houses are the exact same,” Fluttershy added

“Perhaps we should get out of here,” Rarity suggested

“What about the other residents,” Applejack asked

“I used Soul Perception before we entered. Everyone here is normal. Even Starlight isn't hiding her nature as a witch.”

“Let's just take this a little at a time,” Twilight suggested

The group headed back to the village just in time to join everyone for dinner. Kid glanced over at someone's cutie mark only to see an equal sign in place of a design.

“What is this village,” Twilight asked

“This utopia is based on equality. Everyone is the same as the others, without worrying about talents getting in the way,” Starlight explained

Later that night after everyone went to bed, Starlight crept into the house and proceeded to steal their cutie marks and replace them with equal signs. As an additional measure, she used a spell to prevent every weapon from transforming.

“WHAT THE BUCK,” Dash yelled

“Our cutie marks are gone,” Cloud Chaser said

The girls tried to transform into their weapon forms, only to see a band appear over their body; negating the transformation.

“This isn't good. Cutie marks are taken and weapon forms are sealed.”

After Dash’s outburst, everyone in town was awake and waiting for their newest members to join them.

“Give our cutie marks back,” Twilight demanded

“Why? Each of you are now equal members in this town,” Starlight replied “Don't bother trying to transform. I've sealed those forms.”

Dash attempted to attack Starlight, only to be hit with a spell that sent her backwards. Not knowing what to do, they decided to just give in and hope they could come up with a plan.

“You certainly are an interesting specimen. What are you,” Starlight asked Kid

“An alien from a distant planet,” Kid said sarcastically

“Very funny. Well; the rest of you will be assisting with chores,” Starlight directed

Everyone was given a list of items to complete ranging from collecting firewood to breaking rocks to provide more flat ground.

“This is ridiculous. We aren't slaves,” Rarity complained

“Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do. Starlight has basically bound us here to work on this so-called ‘utopia’.”

“So what do we do,” Fluttershy asked

“Just remember who you are. She can take your cutie mark, but she can't change your personality.”

For the remainder of the week; everyone continued to work on their given chores until they could come up with a plan. Kid knew that he was the only one with magic, as Starlight couldn't remove his natural Reaper abilities.

“Girls; I'm going to have to leave you for a while.”

“What!? You can't be serious,” Dash said angrily

“It's part of my plan. Hopefully it works.”

Kid took a breath to gather his confidence and headed over to Starlight’s house in the middle. Once he knocked on the door, she emerged.

“What do you want,” she asked curiously

“To talk. You wanted to know about me, right? Do you mind if I entered your house?”

“And if I do this; what do you want to get out of it,” she replied

“Maybe I could borrow one of your books? I doubt I could read it; but it might provide some kind of entertainment,” Kid lied

“We'll see,” she decided

The two headed inside and Kid chose to sit on a simple chair in the living room. Looking around, he saw plenty of spell books and hoped the counter to the sealing spell was inside one of them.

“So, tell me about yourself and where you came from,” Starlight directed

“I came from a place called ‘Earth’. I lived in a place known as ‘Death City’. Sadly; it really lived up to its name as many people would disappear on a daily basis.”

“If that's the case; why do you have weapon partners,” she countered

“I only became a meister after coming to this world. In fact; I'm still trying to find a way home.”

“Are you really sure you'd want to go back? If so many people die; wouldn't you want to get away from it,” she inquired

“It's home. My brother is there and the only family I have since my dad died.”

“I'm sorry for your loss. As a promise to you telling me about yourself; go ahead and borrow a couple books,” she said

“Thank you very much. Hopefully, I could begin to read these.”

Kid headed to the shelf and removed two spell books and slowly began to read through them. Both contained interesting things; but nothing that was absolutely necessary.

“Finished already,” she asked “Next time, I'll let you borrow a few more if you'll tell me more about yourself.”

“Very well. I guess these really are much different than home,” he lied

Kid headed home with the thought that if he could keep lying, Starlight would let him continue reading. It wasn't a challenge to read any of the books, but he knew if he asked for help that she would blatantly lie about the translation.

“How'd it go,” Flitter asked curiously

“Not bad, I'd guess. Hopefully i can keep lying about myself to continue the plan.”

“What exactly are you planning,” Twilight asked

“She wants to learn about me, so I make up something for her. In response, she'll hopefully allow me to read a few of her books.”

“Trying to find a counter in one of the books? How will you be able use is,” Twilight asked quietly

“That's kind of your part in this. I'll give you the spell so you could try it. Unfortunately, I can't return the cutie marks.”

“Just be careful,” Twilight warned

“I will.”

A few days later, after Kid continued to work on his chores, Starlight headed to talk to him.

“Would you please follow me,” she asked

For the second time, Kid was sitting in Starlight’s house, ready to answer anything she wanted to know.

“What do you like about being here in Equestria,” she asked; initiating conversation

“It's peaceful compared to my home. I've also noticed that meat is rarely eaten.”

“Meat was common on Earth,” she asked in shock

“Very. Steaks, pork chops and others are regular meals.”

“On another subject, could you tell me more about your family,” she inquired

“Before I left, I lived with my twin brother and father. The last thing I remember was a cousin picking a fight with me and stabbing me in the shoulder.”

“When did your father die,” she asked, hoping for clarification

“I believe it was after my cousin stabbed me. I was preoccupied with preventing blood loss.”

“Fair enough. Do you have a significant other,” she asked

“Not entirely. There are a few I like, but I don't have the courage to act on it. If you don't mind, I have a question of my own.”

“Oh? Go ahead and ask me,” she replied

“Why did you take everyone here prisoner?”

“No one is a prisoner. It's true that I did seal your friends’ weapon forms and removed everyone's cutie marks; but anyone could leave whenever they want. It is there choice to remain,” Starlight replied

“If they do choose to leave, what becomes of that design they have?”

“They would have their cutie marks returned to them,” she said simply “Is that what you're after? Lying for information?”

“What do I get out of lying to you? You run this town and took my friends’ cutie marks, as you've called them. I'm reading the books, but can't truly understand any of it for the knowledge to be of any use."

“I had that thought and wanted to hear it clarified by you. I'd gladly return their marks to you,” she said with a deathly calm voice, levitating eight jars in front of him “In return of you staying here permanently. I'll let you think about. In the meantime, go ahead and read.”

“All of those are my friends?”

“They are. You'll have to exchange your living quarters for these,” she taunted, putting them away

Skipping over the books from last time, he did manage to find the spell in the fifth and final spell book.

“So, what happened,” Twilight asked

“Two things. I'd rather tell everyone at one time, so let's find somewhere outside to talk.”

With Kid leading, the group found an area far from town with plenty of large rocks to shield them from Starlight’s view.

“Alright, what happened,” Dash asked directly

“I found the spell to return you to weapon form for starters.”

Kid proceeded to write the spell in the sand for Twilight to use.

“How do we know if it worked,” Dash asked

“Flitter, please attempt to transform,” Kid said

To everyone's surprise, Flitter managed to transform into her pistol form, before changing back.

“That's the first thing; what was the second,” Twilight asked

“I was given the ability to return your cutie marks. Under one condition.”

“What is it, Kid,” Rarity asked

“You'll get them back only if I stay here as a permanent resident.”

“You really don’t believe any of us would allow you to do that, right,” Cloud Chaser asked

“You're the Grim Reaper. You can't give in,” Flitter added

“Well; I do have a way to fix that problem. You'll have to wait and see.”

The next morning, Kid decided to put the plan into motion. After everyone had breakfast, Starlight had everyone gathered together to hand out the chore lists.

“I talked it over with my friends and I accept your offer.”

“Very well. As I promised, I will be giving your friends their cutie marks back,” Starlight said, bringing eight random jars out and opening them

“What the buck? I thought we would be getting our cutie marks,” Dash demanded

“You didn't really think I'd do that; did you,” Starlight asked sarcastically “Welcome to the town. Any last words?”

“Just two. Death Claw.”

To Starlight’s shock, multiple black spikes emerged from Kid and immediately headed into her house. Every jar she had with a cutie mark was brought in front of her as Kid proceeded to crush the containers, returning the cutie marks to their rightful owners; much to their delight.

“Now under the authority of the Grim Reaper; Starlight Glimmer, you are under arrest.”

“What about the rest if us,” someone asked

“You are free to do what you like. Return home, if you want.”

“Why not just stay here? This town has become our home,” another resident added

With Starlight in tow, the group returned to Equestria; having spent three weeks in the village.

“Welcome back everyone. You are Starlight Grimmer; I presume,” Celestia replied

“I am. Why am I here,” Starlight asked

“As a witch, you are to stand trial for your actions in the village. Perhaps I should give you proper introduction. I am Death the Kid; the Grim Reaper.”

“Wait; that's you? I've heard rumors about the Grim Reaper, but never seen him in person until now,” Starlight said

“The charges are holding ponies against their will and willfully stealing cutie marks,” Twilight said

“I never held anyone there against their will. Everyone was free to leave at any time. I did remove their cutie marks; but I had a reason to,” Starlight explained

“What reason is that,” Celestia asked curiously

“A sense of equality in the residents. No one is better than everyone else,” Starlight answered

“But having a cutie mark is what distinguishes everyone. They have individual talents that was earned,” Celestia replied

“Please allow me to have a second chance. I could help you locate other witches,” Starlight begged

“Very well; but you will be monitored for safety. I will not take the chance of you betraying us,” Luna said

“I accept. I understand that trust will take a while to earn, and each of you certainly has reason not to do so,” Starlight said “Kid; was what you told me true?”

“Mostly. One thing I wasn't honest about was my father. I killed him.”

“What do you mean,” Twilight asked

“You remember two years ago right,” Kid asked as she nodded “There can only be one Reaper, so he died once I took over.”

“Anything else,” Starlight asked

“What I told you about my home is true. I, however;never lived there.”

“How is possible for you to know that and never lived there,” she asked dumbfounded

“Technically; I was known as a ‘Displaced’ and was sent here two years ago by a being known as the ‘Merchant’. I wasn't lying about my ‘cousin’ stabbing me in the shoulder; although I did end up killing him.”

“That's amazing that you were sent here years ago. Do you think you'll ever get home,” Starlight replied

“I don't care if I don’t go back. I wasn't lying when I said Equestria was peaceful; although I could easily read your spell books.”

“You wish to prove yourself, correct,” Celestia asked

“Yes Princess Celestia,” Starlight said

“Good. How much do you know about the Pony of Shadows,” Celestia asked directly

“The Pony of Shadows was a legend. Just a story to tell children,” Starlight argued

“What if I told you, it wasn't a legend,” Twilight replied “I found notes from Star Swirl the Bearded mentioning it.”

“If you don't mind; I'd like to have a friend confirm your findings. Sunburst is the one that knew about me being a witch. He's an expert at reading ancient language,” Starlight asked

“Very well. I will send a notice asking for his assistance,” Celestia replied

A few days later, a yellow male showed up carrying an armful of books, with more sitting in his shoulder bag.

“Greetings; Princess Celestia. I am Starlight’s friend Sunburst. How may I help,” he asked curiously

“Twilight Sparkle has recently found notes from Star Swirl the Bearded we would like your opinion on,” Celestia said

Sunburst was led to the library where both Twilight and Starlight had piles of books in front of them.

“Miss Sparkle? I'm Sunburst and was sent to help you,” he said

“Thank you. I'm having trouble deciphering some of the writing in this book,” Twilight said

“May I take a look,” he asked, as she nodded “Hearg sylfum se Ponhenge. Toward dol grimlic of Fola Firgenbeorg. User endemest scield. The Temple of Ponhenge at the base of Foal Mountain. Our last stand.”

“It would have taken me much longer to translate. Thank you again,” Twilight said

“So, how's the translation going,” Kid asked curiously

“I finished it easily. Sorry; I'm Sunburst,” he replied

“Nice to meet you. I'm the Grim Reaper; Death the Kid.”

“Now that we have an idea of where to go; perhaps we should leave soon,” Starlight suggested

“Very well,” Sunburst said

After dinner, the group decided to inform the others of their findings from earlier.

“With Sunburst’s help, a translation was made of Star Swirl’s notes,” Twilight said

“A destination in Foal Mountain was the end result,” Starlight added “With your permission; I'd like to join you on your journey there.”

“Should we put it to a vote to allow Starlight a chance to join us,” Kid asked as everyone nodded

“Let's start the voting. Those of you that were at the village will provide a single vote. The majority will determine Starlight’s fate,” Celestia said

“No. She held us hostage at her village for weeks,” Dash argued

“Yes. Starlight had a good reason for her actions and deserves a second chance,” Applejack replied

“No. She was a meanie,” Pinkie said

“Yes. Everyone deserves a second chance,” Flitter said

“No. Those chores were beyond excessive,” Fluttershy added

“Yes. The village was not ruled as a dictatorship, but everyone working as equals,” Cloud Chaser replied

“No. She messed up by coat and hair. It took days to get the dirt out,” Rarity complained

“Yes. Starlight has knowledge that could be useful in our mission,” Twilight added

“The vote is tied at 4 apiece. Kid, you have the deciding vote,” Luna commented

“I allow Starlight to join us. The village was designed to allow everyone the same chances as everyone else. It may have been a mistake to remove cutie marks; but she does deserve a second chance.”

“It's decided. Starlight Glimmer; you will accompany Twilight and the others tomorrow on their trip to Foal Mountain,” Celestia said cheerfully

The next day everyone headed by train to Foal Mountain, and ended up spending a while hiking before finding themselves lost.

“So; where are we,” Dash asked

“I don't know,” Twilight replied

“Well; we're getting close to something. There's a clearing up ahead.”

With renewed enthusiasm, they charged forward; in to the clearing. To everyone's surprise; a series of pedestals were arranged in a circle around a much larger one.

“We found something lost to history,” Sunburst said cheerfully

“These things are so old, who knows what's under the dirt,” Starlight added

Upon cleaning off the pedestals, they somehow activated and revealed a scene from the past. Star Swirl and five others gathered together, before three transformed to weapons to battle against another being. In the end; the three returned to their original forms and sealed their opponent away.

“They were meisters.”

“That's amazing! They sealed away the Pony of Shadows. We need to rescue them,” Twilight said excitedly

“Are we sure that is the best idea? They sealed away a threat,” Sunburst asked

“I did read in one of the files that this Pony of Shadows was a witch. If they sealed him away; isn't that a good thing,” Starlight asked

“It's my idol Star Swirl! We need to save them,” Twilight argued

“Maybe it's a good thing. They banished the Pony of Shadows, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't have taken their souls. We could destroy it properly if we returned them.”

“See! Kid’s in agreement with me,” Twilight said cheerfully

“Well, if we are going to release them; it looks like talismans were used,” Sunburst said

“Shovel, mask, shield, flower and blindfold. Seems easy enough to find,” Starlight pointed out looking at the markers

“What are we going to do now,” Dash asked

“Head home and collect the objects. We can't release them without it,” Twilight replied

Over the next few weeks, Twilight had her friends retrieve the required objects before everyone returned to release Star Swirl and company.

“Starlight, Sunburst; could you help me,” Twilight asked

Everyone placed the required items on the pedestals as the three proceeded to use their magic and open the portal.

“What happened,” the pony asked as he emerged

“We released you,” Twilight replied

“You can't do that! We sealed a danger away,” Star Swirl replied desperately

“What kind of danger?”

“You seem familiar. Who are you? I am Star Swirl the Bearded,” he asked

“The Grim Reaper; Death the Kid.”

“That's why I feel a similarity. Your soul is just as powerful as my old students; Luna and Celestia,” Star Swirl replied

“You were their teacher? You're my idol,” Twilight replied excitedly

“Perhaps another time? Evil being released,” Pinkie commented

“At last I'm free! Thank you for bringing about your doom,” the Pony of Shadows exclaimed

“What are we going to do now,” Rarity asked

“Let's return to Canterlot for now.”

With that decided; everyone headed back home to plan their next move. Once at the castle, they headed to the throne room to see the princesses.

“Long time no see you two,” Star Swirl said, addressing the princesses “You still never turned in that essay.”

“And we never will. I didn't plan on writing any more,” Luna replied, sticking out her tongue

“Somehow Lulu convinced me to skip the assignment as well,” Celestia replied, hanging her head

“It's fine. I didn't expect you to write the essay in the first place,” Star Swirl replied “So, what's become of the castle?”

“Just a few years ago, we opened the DWMA,” Celestia replied

“The what,” Rockhoof asked curiously

“Death Weapon Meister Academy. The school my father, the previous Grim Reaper started.”

“That's what we're called? Three of us somehow became a tool for the others,” Mistmane replied

“Yes. The academy is designed to teach new generations of meisters and weapons about destroying kishins.”

“What exactly is a kishin,” Meadowbrook asked curiously

“A kishin is a creature that devours the souls of others. It is the duty of meisters to eliminate them. The next threat are witches. Beings of immense power that can cause problems.”

“Just what was that thing,” Starlight asked

“Stygian. A rejected member of the Pillars of Equestria. He tried hard to join, before finding out he possessed power and turned to using dark magic. We had no idea he was a witch,” Star Swirl explained

“So; what are we going to do now,” Somnambula asked

“Unfortunately, we are going to have to hunt him down. If what you said is true about him using dark magic; Stygian must be destroyed.”

“We can't do that. We might have rejected him; but he's still our friend,” Flash Magnus replied

“And we don't have the power to defeat him,” Rarity added

“I might; but none of you are Death Scythes,” Twilight commented

“What exactly is a Death Scythe,” Rockhoof asked

“At home; it would be the personal weapon of my father. Here; I changed that and allow the meister who collects 99 kishin souls and 1 witch soul to have their own Death Scythe.”

“Kid; was it? Could you tell us more about yourself,” Star Swirl asked

“I am what's known as a ‘Displaced’. Sent from one world to another by a being known as the ‘Merchant’. Because I was dressed as this character, that became who I am. Since I was a fan of the show, it's easy to explain my ‘home’.”

“Where will we find Stygian,” Fluttershy asked

“Perhaps we use a map? Something that points out locations,” Dash replied sarcastically

“Here's one,” Pinkie said, pulling one out from nowhere

“Was there a place he favored,” Starlight asked

“We really don't know. He kept to himself quite often,” Mistmane replied

“This looks like a secluded, dark area. Perhaps Stygian is located here,” Kid commented, pointing to an area

“Why not try using Soul Perception,” Celestia suggested “That way you have an exact destination?”

Kid sat down on the floor and concentrated. Opening his mind allowed him to sense the souls of most everyone in the room and the castle. A little wider brought him to Ponyville, before trying to stretch as wide a range as possible.

“I don't know. My ability can't search all of Equestria for one thing. Secondly, he may be using Soul Protect, making this search meaningless.”

“Perhaps that spot you pointed out should get checked,” Sunburst suggested

“I hate that we have to do this. Are we sure there isn't another way,” Fluttershy asked

“I'm sorry; but we don't have much a choice. Stygian is not a witch to be left alone to gain power. Who knows the kind of damage could be done,” Celestia replied

“We'd go with, but you're more than capable of succeeding,” Luna added

“This will be our second witch soul, right,” Flitter asked as Kid nodded

“Death Scythe, here we come,” Cloud Chaser added cheerfully

That night was rough for everyone as they dreaded what was to come. Twilight didn't want to see another witch destroyed, but knew it might be best to do so. Kid figured this fight would be his alone and just hoped not to cause any irreparable damage in the process.

“Kid; are you ready for this,” Celestia asked

“No. But as the Grim Reaper it is my duty to protect Equestria.”

“Very well. Let's get going,” Twilight said with a sigh

With that; everyone headed by train back to the nearby town of Hollow Shades near Foal Mountain. Once there, Kid used his Soul Perception and found the village contained a single soul.

“He's here. Stygian isn't hiding his soul, either.”

Finding a well in the middle of town, Kid grabbed the rope and climbed down, into the unknown. Once there, found a large opening big enough for everyone to pass through.

“Come on down.”

A few minutes later; everyone joined him at the bottom of the well. The cavern in front was amazing with what seemed to be ruins of buildings surrounding them.

“Girls, transform.”

“Okay,” Flitter said

With that, Kid stored the pistols in his thigh holsters as he led everyone further inside the cavern.

“So, you've arrived. Which of my old friends do I get the honor of killing first,” Stygian asked

“They're not your opponent. I am.”

“And who might you be; boy,” Stygian demanded

“Death the Kid; the Grim Reaper.”

“Interesting. I have a rare honor of killing a Reaper. The only regret is I can't kill you again,” Stygian commented

“Twilight; do it!”

“Everyone keep back,” Twilight directed

To keep everyone safe, Twilight made sure to place a shield around the middle of the room so Kid could fight without risking damage to the surrounding structure. Inside the dome, he calmly removed his pistols in preparation.

“I hope you’ve said your goodbyes to your friends as this will be the last time they see you alive. Don't worry; I'll kill them too,” Stygian taunted “Any last words?”

“You talk too much.”

Before Stygian could react, Kid proceeded to let loose a stream of shots, hoping to get the fight finished early.

“Insolent pest! You're making me angry,” Stygian yelled

Kid quickly summoned his skateboard as Stygian attacked with multiple strands, similar to his fight with Asura. Finding some similarities, Kid now was able to fight without holding back.

“Shift. Shotgun.”

“Quit running and fight,” Stygian cried

Kid was surprised when a strand managed to catch his skateboard, stopping his momentum. Needing to change tactics, he returned the shotgun to normal and released Beelzebub. Doing so caused him to start sliding down the spike as Kid fired wildly.

“He is impressive. I've never seen a being such as your friend,” Star Swirl commented

“I'm glad to have never fought against Kid. The Grim Reaper isn't someone to take lightly,” Starlight added

“Stand still and let me squash you,” Stygian said angrily

In response, Stygian proceeded to send multiple strands towards Kid, leaving no room to escape.

“Death Shield.”

“That's too close. Kid has to do something,” Fluttershy said nervously

“Shift. Grenade launcher.”

To Stygian’s shock, Kid proceeded to fire a high explosive round that caused him to stagger backwards. A second shot made him use a shield as the smoke obscured the view from the outside.

“What was that,” Rarity asked

“Explosive shot,” Pinkie replied

“You…can't…beat…me,” Stygian said through breaths “From…light…comes…darkness.”

“Death waits for no one. Soul Resonance.”

Everyone watched as Kid’s pistols changed into arm length twin cannons and fired, destroying Stygian, leaving just his soul behind. Twilight dropped the shield, so everyone could enter the area.

“That's it? That thing is the last of Stygian,” Mistmane asked

“Yes, that is his soul.”

“After all that you have done, you should take it. He was indeed a witch, and deserved his fate in the end,” Star Swirl said

“Flitter; he's all yours.”

Flitter’s pistol form proceeded to ‘swallow’ the soul in what would have been the magazine. After doing so, both pistols glowed momentarily before returning to normal. Having just become complete Death Scythes, their appearances didn't change by much. The shape remained as .42 caliber pistols, but the color changed to gold.

“Nice weapons Kid,” Twilight commented

“The gold is really fitting,” Rarity added

“Let's head back home. The princesses are going to want to see for themselves.”

Kid chose to leave the girls in their pistol form; partially for protection, but mostly to admire their new form. About half-hour later, the group arrived back in Canterlot.

“Welcome back, everyone. How did things go,” Celestia asked

“See for yourself,” Kid said drawing the pistols

“You've finally created your own Death Scythes. Congratulations Kid,” Luna said, hugging him

“It's taken two years, but I've finally done it. Girls, return to normal.”

As they did so, everyone else seemed to stare at them. Rainbow Dash ended up having her jaw dropped at the sight.

“Why are you looking at us like that,” Chaser asked

“Your wings have changed. The two of you have alicorn wings to mark your status as Death Scythes,” Celestia replied

“That's so awesome! I can't wait to get the witch soul now,” Dash said excitedly

“Why the change in appearance,” Pinkie asked

“I don't know. Perhaps it marks the weapon as having reached their pinnacle.”

“If pegasi gain alicorn wings, what would earth ponies or unicorns receive,” Fluttershy asked

“That, my little pony; I don't have an answer to,” Celestia replied

“We've seen a weapon become a Death Scythe, and gained a new friend. There's only one thing left to do,” Pinkie said cheerfully “PARTY!”