• ...
25
 4
 1,931

5 Delegation Breakdown

‘Target: Sombra

Location: Mountains near the Crystal Kingdom

Status: Alive

Wanted: Dead

Believed to be a Kishin, proceed with caution. Eliminate with extreme prejudice.’

“Alright, listen up. Here's the file for our target,” Giriko said, handing it to them

“Are you sure I need to go with,” Smolder asked

“You'll be alright. I won't let anything happen to you,” Silverstream replied

“Yona has advantage. Easy to create ice pillars,” Yona said

“I sent a message to the nearby ruler to expect our arrival and assist if we need it,” Giriko replied

“In the meantime, what are we doing,” Gallus asked

“We get ready to leave. The train ride will be a few hours. Anyone needing rest can do so there.”

“What do you say? Want to make your families proud,” Sandbar asked

“Yeah,” the other five cheered “Let's go kick kishin butt!”

“Giriko; make sure to do that as well,” Kid commented cryptically

“Gotcha. I planned on that anyways.”

● SOMBRA ●

“Another group of meisters are heading your way,” Neighsay said

“Good. How's the plan proceeding,” Sombra asked

“There have been some snags. The kishin souls we stored here and in Dodge City were taken by the same person. The human souls were sent away to an unknown location,” Neighsay explained

“We'll have to make do. Hopefully we can resurrect Asura.”

“If you fail, there will only be one barrier stopping Celestia and those brats,” Neighsay threatened

● DELEGATES ●

“I…sh…should…should've…b…brought…a…ja…jacket,” Smolder said through chattering teeth

“Here. Take this,” Giriko said handing her his jacket

“Thank you,” Smolder said

“You're welcome. I’m just glad Celestia gave me that before we left. Don't worry, I've had worse.”

The group arrived at the Crystal Empire train station where the three changed into their weapon forms. Giriko threw the fallen jacket back on as they trudged through the snow.

“Our target's in there. We'll take the other cabin and rest.”

Without argument, everyone headed inside and rearranged the room for them to fit. Some time later, someone was pounding on the door.

“What the hell do you want?”

“I just wanted to see the meisters that were sent to kill me. Allow me to introduce myself. The name's Sombra,” he said casually

“How do you know about us,” Sandbar asked

“A friend of mine informed me. You're not the only meister that came out here,” Sombra answered “I’ll do you a favor. You have until tomorrow to get adjusted before I kill you. Have a nice day.”

“What are we going to do,” Ocellus asked later as they sat there

“Smoulder; you'll be used as a surprise. Burn the snow underneath Sombra to keep him off balance. We have to be careful about the snow.”

“Why not have Yona and I working together. Yona creates an ice pillar and I'll shatter it,” Gallus suggested

“I like it. Just remember; if Sombra isn't what he seems, I'll take over.”

“Are you sure you'll be able to fight,” Ocellus asked “You don't have a meister.”

“I'll be fine. I've actually handled something like this before. As for meisters; a friend can help.”

“We'll have to wait to see your friend,” Gallus asked curiously

“Yeah.”

The group fell asleep huddled together against the cold in the middle of the room as Giriko took the opposite corner and slept in. He figured that the sooner they fought against their enemy; the sooner they could eat.

A few hours later in the early hours of the morning, a container was sitting by the front door. Giriko quietly headed out to relieve himself; to find the gift with a simple note attached and brought it inside.

‘Thought you could use some food. Don't want to fight on an empty stomach. It's not tainted in any way.
-Sombra’

“Rise and shine.”

“You cooked,” Ocellus asked

“No. Our kishin friend brought it over.”

“Are we really going to believe that it's not poisoned,” Sandbar asked skeptically

“I'd rather eat than not. Besides it would be rude to let this go to waste.”

Giriko opened the container to reveal a few pieces of cooked fish and roasted vegetables. After finding a few forks and knives in a forgotten bundle on the floor and cleaning them in the snow; the group enjoyed their food.

“That was delicious,” Gallus said

“Yona agree,” the yak said

“Best I've ever had,” Smoulder added

The group reluctantly headed outside to fight against the kishin that seemed to be hospitable to them. A cloaked Sombra emerged from his hut, carrying an object on his side that clanked against his armor.

“I hope everyone enjoyed their final meal. It's a shame to have to kill such young meisters such as yourselves, but I have a duty to take care of,” Sombra said removing his cloak “Give me your best shot.”

“Remember what I told you. Keep your focus,” Giriko said

Sandbar charged forward with Ocellus right behind him. She swung the axe at Sombra, only to have the attack parried. Sandbar used the distraction to attack with the claws, causing only a glancing blow against Sombra’s side.

“Be careful. He's wearing armor,” Sandbar called

“Very astute of you boy. You didn't think I'd arrive unprepared did you,” Sombra taunted

Sombra kicked Sandbar away as he returned his focus on the axe meister. Sombra summoned black spikes to show up and attempt to skewer everyone, only to be stopped when Ocellus swung Yona directly into the snow, causing ice to form on the pillars.

“Very creative,” Sombra admitted

“Let's do it,” Silverstream said

Getting around Sombra, Silverstream used Smoulder’s flamethrower to melt the ice under Sombra as an ice pillar was created by Yona as it was shattered by Gallus. The combination attack sent Sombra skidding into the ice, causing him to have to resort to using the sword to stop his momentum.

Once he stood up, Sombra found many ice shards sticking into the armor. One also managed to slip between the plates on the side and punctured the skin a little.
Sandbar and Silverstream charged again towards Sombra, hoping to keep him off balance with multiple attackers.

“I'll give you meisters credit. You've actually managed to damage me. I'm done taking it easy on you. Soul Protect Release,” Sombra said

“Shit! This ain't good. Back off and let me handle this,” Giriko ordered

“Good. Maybe you can give me a challenge,” Sombra taunted

Giriko wrapped some chains around his legs as he charged in for an attack. Sombra was caught off guard by the kick and ended stumbling back. He swung the blade at Giriko’s chest, only for more chains to show up, to stop the attack.

“Didn't think it would be easy; did you? Saw Leg!”

Giriko jumped in the air and attempted to drive his leg into his opponent, only for Sombra to turn at the last minute. In response, Giriko landed on the flat of the sword and proceeded to travel the length of the blade, finally delivering a kick to his opponent's face.

“That hurt,” Sombra complained “You're really a challenge.”

“Well I wasn't hoping to have to show off, but this is fun.”

“Fun? I'm really going to have to step up my attack, if I want to defeat you,” Sombra retorted

“Time to finish this!”

Giriko placed a hand on the ground momentarily. The ground started to shake as a pair of ten-foot ice golems pulled themselves out of the ice of the mountain.

“Take care of the kids and protect them,” Giriko ordered one of the golems

“What are you doing,” Sandbar demanded

“Fulfilling a promise about protecting you!”

The group was herded together far enough away as the golem started creating an igloo for them and stood in front of the opening, preventing their escape.

“Let us out,” Gallus said after returning to his normal form

The golem only grunted in response and refused to budge. From the small opening they had, they watched as Giriko transformed into a chainsaw as the other golem picked him up.

“Now we get to see a real weapon in action,” Silverstream said as everyone nodded

The chainsaw clashed against the sword as sparks flew off. Sombra ended up losing his balance as the golem continued his charge.

“Hahaha. Come on you bastard,” Giriko yelled from his chainsaw

“I've been alive for 1,000 years! What have you done,” Sombra yelled indignantly

Giriko replied by having his golem rev up the speed as it overpowered Sombra. During one of the attacks with the saw; Sombra wedged his sword, trying to stop its momentum and disable it.

“Reverse Rotation!”

The golem flipped a switch and the chain altered itself, causing the sword to be destroyed. In response, Sombra sent a series of black spikes into the golem, destroying it.

“That was too easy,” Sombra taunted

“Don't be so sure.”

Another golem was formed and picked up where its predecessor left off against the witch, slicing off the armor, much to Sombra’s horror.

“The difference between you and I is that I spent 800 years training, while you sat on your ass!”

The golem continued its attack and sliced Sombra in half, destroying him. Giriko reverted back as he destroyed the golems, and caused the igloo to harmlessly collapse.

“That was awesome! You kicked butt,” Gallus said

“So that's the power of a weapon,” Sandbar commented

“This belongs to you,” Giriko said tossing them the soul

“Gallus, take it. You lead the attack,” Smolder said

“Giriko, you should have it,” Gallus argued

“Nah, I just did my job. You were the leader's weapon.”

“So, you defeated Sombra. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Prince Shining Armor of the Crystal Empire,” Shining said approaching the group with his weapon

“Giriko. Glad you got my letter.”

“I'm Ocellus and this is my partner Yona,” she said with a bow

“Silverstream and Smolder,” they said

“I'm Gallus and my meister Sandbar,” Gallus said

“Nice to meet you all. Follow me and I'll lead you to the castle,” Shining said

“Giriko; should we go,” Ocellus asked curiously

“Go ahead. I'll be behind you momentarily. Something I need to check out.”

As Shining led everyone away, Giriko waited until they were out of sight before heading inside the cabin. After Justin brought back papers; it was now unofficial to check for any paperwork they might have, in the hopes of it revealing something.

“Come on, where are you?”

He proceeded to check everything, destroying items in the process. Having not found anything, the next thing destroyed was the wood floor.

“Finally found something you damn lousy bastard. Let's see ‘SECRET’ stamped on the envelope is certainly something of interest. Now, I'm just gonna destroy everything to release my frustrations.”

By destroying the shack, another pile of papers were found buried in a small hole. Deciding on a theory, the other cabin they were in was checked as well.

“Bingo! This asshole had a stash of papers here after all! To think we were sitting on this the whole time! Best to get this and go meet the others.”

Giriko activated the chains around his legs and used them to speed up his travel through the mountains. A little while later, he made it within a short distance to the Crystal Empire.

“Giriko. This way,” Shining called

“Nice place. I had a pit stop to make.”

“It's about what Kid mentioned,” Shining said

“Yeah. The kids don’t know and I'm not planning on telling them either.”

“Very well,” Shining replied

The two headed to the palace where everyone else was. Giriko was impressed by the actual design being all crystal. There really wasn't anything that could compare to the beauty at home, or anywhere else.

“Giriko, you're back. Allow me to properly introduce myself. I am Princess Mi Amore Cadenza; but you can just call me Princess Cadence,” she said

“Sorry, I couldn't be here earlier. Something I needed to do first.”

“It's fine. We knew about you being late. Your students were resting after their battle,” Cadence said

“You were amazing, Giriko! You actually defeated a witch on your own,” Ocellus said

“That golem was your surprise? How'd you do that,” Gallus asked

“Back at home, I was known as an Enchanter. I could create and control golems easily. That's also how I've lived for 800 years. I've had numerous bodies in that time.”

“You'll be staying here for a few days, if you don't mind,” Shining said

“That's fine with me. They seem to be thrilled” Giriko replied as the students were giddy with excitement

Later that night, only three people were still awake for various reasons. Cadence and Shining were busy running their empire, while Giriko was busy looking over the paperwork he brought as there was a knock on his door.

“Giriko; would you come with me to the throne room? We'd like to discuss some things in private,” Shining asked

He grabbed the papers and headed to the throne room. Once inside, the two unicorns sealed off the room for privacy.

“We'd like to know more about the papers you brought with you,” Cadence said

“From what I know, Sombra was indeed a witch and working with someone else. He knew about our arrival and seemed to be on a mission. Kid mentioned the idea about someone in particular being resurrected, which was why so many souls were collected.”

“Who did he want to bring back,” Shining asked

“A kishin by the name of ‘Asura’. He was the first of his kind and supposed to have been destroyed. His return means bad shit for everyone.”

“The two of us will be standing by to protect the Crystal Empire if necessary,” Shining said

“Thank you. I'll let Kid know about that.”

“The students mentioned you transformed into a weapon. What are you,” Shining asked

“I'm a chainsaw. I can also wrap the chains around me if necessary. It's best you just take my word, as I don't want to destroy anything in the castle.”

“Very well. I would rather not see anything destroyed,” Cadence said

The next day, Sandbar and the others were careful in checking out the palace to see just how different it was.

“This is amazing! I've never seen a castle like this,” Silverstream said

“What's your home look like,” Sandbar asked

“Mt. Aris is in ruins on the top of the mountain; causing everyone to live underwater,” Silverstream replied

“Well, this certainly is different than the school. It's smaller, to say the least,” Gallus said

“Yona know castle smaller. Not designed for yaks,” Yona commented

“Sorry about the size. This wasn't built with visitors from other tribes in mind,” Cadence said

“Are there any secret passages in here,” Ocellus asked

“Probably. I've never explored every inch of the castle,” Cadence admitted

“I'd believe there are some secrets here. As to what; even I don't know,” Shining answered

“Tomorrow we're heading back home.”

“Do we have to,” the students said together sadly

“Yeah, we do. I need to report back and they're probably getting worried about not hearing from us.”

“I did write to them letting them know you would be leaving soon,” Cadence replied

“How's about we head outside for a moment. I'd like to ask you about your weapon form.”

The group; now very curious, headed outside to the city to talk. Cadence seemed to be nervous that someone called her outside. Giriko led everyone to the edge of town to have plenty of room.

“Before we start; I need a friend.”

A smaller golem, the same size as Giriko emerged from the snow as he completed his transformation into the chainsaw and reverted back afterwards as the golem was destroyed.

“So that's your complete form? That is intimidating to say the least,” Cadence said

“Have you tried changing your weapon form? I've seen Kid accomplish that with his partners.”

“I've never transformed into anything other than a bow. What would you suggest,” she asked

“A crossbow, perhaps. It's easier to fire repeatedly than drawing a bow back at arm's length. Try saying ‘Weapon Shift. Crossbow.”

“Weapon Shift. Crossbow,” Shining directed

To his surprise, Cadence glowed white for a moment before altering in his hands. Instinctively, Shining pulled the trigger and watched as a single bolt was fired. Cadence reverted back and ran over to Giriko.

“Thank you so much! I never thought it was possible to accomplish such a feat,” Cadence said hugging him

“You're welcome. I thought it might be a good idea to try and see if it would work. Perhaps we get going now and be home soon.”

“Very well. Take care everyone,” Cadence said

She and Shining led the group to the train station and decided to see them off. Giriko managed to throw the papers inside his jacket as he fell asleep on the trip.

“Welcome back everyone. I'm glad to know your mission was successful,” Celestia said as they walked inside

“We got to see Giriko’s awesome weapon form,” Smolder said

“You ended up having to use the chainsaw? Glad to know we're one step closer,” Kid commented

“About that; you might want to read these,” Giriko said handing over the papers “Thank you for the jacket. It helped two of us out.”

“Thank you Princess Celestia,” Smolder said

“You're both very welcome. I am glad that was beneficial,” Celestia replied

“Why don't you all hang out with the other students in the courtyard? Twilight; you're in change in the meantime,” Kid said

“Me? Are you sure about that,” Twilight asked

“I am. Just make sure no one does anything stupid or reckless,” he replied looking at the Crusaders

“Our middle names are ‘Stupid’ and ‘Reckless’,” Scootaloo said, with a chuckle

“They are not. And even if they were; that's not something to be proud of,” Applejack said causing Scootaloo to stick her tongue out in response

Celestia led the four into the throne room once again for their meeting. She used her magic to create the table and chairs for everyone to use.

“Cadence informed you about our staying. The building Sombra was in and the other shack contained those papers. He was working to resurrect someone and as with Justin; knew about our purpose. What seemed to be surprising was the hospitality he showed us.”

“What did he do,” Stein asked

“Guessing we didn't have any food; actually placed a container of fish and vegetables in front of the door for us. Thankfully, it wasn't tainted in any way and it did taste delicious.”

“I'm not expecting anything of the sort during my mission. It could be that by playing nice, we won't destroy them. Unfortunately, with the resurrection of Asura; pleasantries won't be reciprocated. I know the souls I took were normal kishin souls that were supposed to be part of the feast, but I changed part of their plans. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about my mission. From what I've read; this might be the hardest of them all,” Kid replied

“Lord Death will be guiding you on your mission. Remember that and you can succeed,” Justin said reassuringly

“Thanks for that. I'm not going to hold back during the fight,” Kid said

“You'd better not. Kick that bitch’s ass.”

“Normally, I wouldn't condone such language, but considering this is a private meeting; I concur. Kick her flank,” Celestia added

“I can't believe that Sombra stored papers in the cabin I was in. Then again; I wasn't looking for anything at the time,” Kid admitted

“Be careful. She is a very crafty opponent and will do whatever she can to beat you,” Luna warned

“Thank you for the advice,” Kid said “I'd better get ready for my trip tomorrow.”

“Good luck, Kid,” Stein said

“Thanks. I'm going to need it,” Kid replied with a sigh