• ...
 15
 1,346

Chapter 3

My Little Dovahkiin

Chapter 3

It had been 2 hours since Petalbeam had left Helgen and she was making good progress, she was really nervous whilst travelling alone, She had heard stories of random muggings and murder as a child in Chorrol, but that was Cyrodiil, a more civilised place than Skyrim. She had seen many things whilst walking but something that she saw on the roadside piqued her curiousity, they were three stones sticking out of the ground all having a different constallation carved in to it and a big hole right through them. She had only recognized one of the constallations and the one she knew from Chorrol was The Mage. She approached it at a trot and tapped a hoof on it and it began to glow. She jump back in suprise as a great blue beacon light burst from the tip into the clouds. The light vanished as suddenly as it came and her forehead felt different, rubbing her forehead with a hoof, she felt something sticking out. "No, it couldn't be!" She exclaimed.

She sprinted to a small puddle and looked into it, and right there, sitting on her forehead was a horn. Once an Earth Pony, now a Unicorn, she knew it would be hard to adjust. Reaching into her satchel she pulled out the Firebolt Tome and read it whilst resting against a rock. After spending an hour reading it and 30 minutes trying to cast Firebolt she gave up and realized that all of those years living next door to the Mages Guild had done nothing to help her magic skills. Her face turned an angry shade of red as she realised that she was the only Unicorn that couldn't do magic. She screamed in frustration and BOOM! A firebolt burst from her horn and set a tree on fire. Startled from the sudden use of magic, she began making up time to Winterhold. She arrived in Riverwood an hour later and decided that she needed a rest. She opened the door to the Sleeping Ursa Major and paid 10 Lunas for a room. She was given the room next to the bar, she entered the room and her horn started vibrating, Something was disturbing the magicka flow in this room. She pulled back the duvet and found the markings of a shock rune. "The fuck?" Petalbeam said slowly.
The door slammed shut and was bolted from the other side. "What in the nine is going on here!?" Bellowed Petalbeam.
She felt the air move quickly behind her, she spun whilst yanking her Steel Shortsword from its scabbard and vertically blocked a dagger to the throat.
"Your reflexes are astounding!" Cried the Pegasus with the dagger
"What the FUCK were you trying to do?" Demanded Petalbeam.
"Well, isn't it obvious?" Said the Pegasus, smiling shyly
"YOU JUST TRIED TO FUCKING KILL ME" Yelled Petalbeam.
"No I didn't, if I tried to kill you, you'd be dead". Said the Pegasus matter-of-factly
"Then what in Akatosh's name were you trying to pull?" Demanded Petalbeam
"I was just testing your skills, I'm Chad by the way" Replied Chad calmly
"Do you even know me?" Asked Petalbeam.
"Yes, actually, I seen your execution-gone-wrong, You showed that dragon whos boss". Said Chad, grinning again
"Why are you here?" Demanded Petalbeam.
"I want to help you find that book". Said Chad, keeping himself from smiling again.
"How do you know about that book?" Asked Petalbeam, raising her eyebrows
"I can turn invisible, I was stood next to you". said Chad, grinning more broadly than ever.
"How do I know if I can trust you?" Petalbeam said quickly.
"Because, if you want, you can keep all my weapons and I'll be harmless". Said Chad slowly as though he was talking to a child.
Petalbeam took his weapons out of his saddlebag and turned to the mirror. She noticed something different about herself. It wasn't the horn, the flank was still blank, she then realised that it was her flanks. She had been sliced earlier in the sides and they were completely healed in the space of 5 hours. She'd have to get to the bottom of that mystery but for now she had to get to Winterhold.

Petalbeam and Chad had seperate rooms that night, and Petalbeam had seen Chad in the natural sunlight for the first time that morning, He had a glossy blue coat with a crimson red mane, but his most interesting feature were his snow white wings.
"Why are your wings white, Chad?" Asked Petalbeam, raising a single eyebrow in suspicion.
"They are birthmarks".He said casually.
"Interesting..." Muttered Petalbeam.
They reached the end of the road and stopped.
"So, this is where we part ways then, nice meeting you, Petalbeam". Said Chad with a hint of sadness in his voice.
"Oh, fuck, I forgot to tell you that your sticking with me now". Said Petalbeam, smiling for the first time in weeks.
"Awesome!" Squealed Chad with excitement.
"If you squeal like that again, I'm confiscating your vocal chords." Said Petalbeam grinning more broadly.

The next few hours passed very quickly and before they knew it, they were walking past Whiterun. Petalbeam had come to the conclusion that Chad was very cute indeed, and everytime she thought this she blushed bright red, which against her white mane, was very hard to hide.
"So, tell me, Chad, why did you put that Shock rune on my bed back in Riverwood?" Petalbeam asked
"I was trying to show you how good I am at magic". Chad smiled
"Well, it certainly worked, but what if I didn't notice it and I just got into bed?" She asked, her trust faltering
"I would have disspelled it". Said Chad, with a serious face.

Another few hours had passed and they could see Windhelm in the distance.
"Pssst" Whispered Chad
"What?" replied Petalbeam in a frantic whisper
"See that Bandit camp over there?".
"Yeah".
"Do you think we could take them on?".
"Is it worth it?".
"No, but its fun".
"Well I do need to blow off some steam".

Concentrating hard, Petalbeam began charging a Firebolt.
"On my marks, release that into the Chieftain's face". Said Chad, Stringing up and arrow.
"GO!" Screamed Chad
Petalbeam released the firebolt and it hit the Chieftain straight in the face and knocked him backwards into a spike in the floor, the spike cut through his iron armour like butter and pierced straight through his heart. With no leader to guide them, the rest of the Bandits turned on each other trying to escape.
"I guess we have somewhere to sleep tonight then". Said Chad, satisfyingly.