• Published 12th Jul 2018
  • 271 Views, 2 Comments

A Selfish Romance - fluttershyisbestelement



Multiple, complicated relationships arise after Rarity's death hits hard for the other members of the Mane 6.

  • ...
 2
 271

Chapter One

In Ponyville, the rain poured.

And poured.

Princess Twilight Sparkle was sitting on her throne, reading a book, as hot tears pooled in her eyes. It had been weeks since Rarity passed on, and yet the Alicorn was still mourning. Spike was a wreck. He hadn't slept since the death of his one true love, as if the heavy dark bags under his emerald-green eyes weren't evident enough of that fact. His face was stained with countless tears, and even now, he was quietly sobbing in the darkest corner of the throne room, clutching a worn plush of Rarity in his claws. He couldn't bear to even look at Twilight, not in this condition. Even still, he refused to leave the room, as Twilight was his only shred of hope and the only pony he had left in his life. Twilight shut the book abruptly and sighed solemnly.

“I miss her too, Spike..,” She said bitterly, trotting over and laying right next to the sobbing dragon. Spike heard her words deep in his heart, and they made him want to cry even more than he already was.

“I n-never got to t-tell her, Twilight…” The young dragon sobbed, burying his face in Twilight’s rat’s nest of a tail, which was matted and covered in dirt and mud. She didn’t care about her looks, since Rarity was the only one who really worried about everypony looking their best.

Suddenly, there was a loud but gentle tapping at the door. Not getting up from her spot, Twilight used her vivid pink magic to open the front door. To her surprise, all of her remaining friends had showed up to try and cheer up the pessimistic purple princess. In her mouth, Applejack was carrying a basket, which was filled to the brim with assorted apple pies, fritters, and even apple brown betties. Pinkie Pie, on the other hoof, was zooming around from place to place, hanging up balloons and streamers all around the castle. Fluttershy had brought groups of hummingbirds, bunnies, squirrels, and kittens to try and cheer up the pair of mourning friends. Rainbow Dash, however, was standing in the corner, feeling her heart break at the sad sight of the Alicorn laying on the ground and crying. Though all of Twilight’s friends were there, there was still an emptiness, a void, where Rarity should have been. This wasn’t right...

Twilight gave a bitter smile to her friends, causing Pinkie’s heart to shatter into millions of tiny pieces. The pink party pony wanted to cheer up the princess but had no idea how without revealing her feelings. Applejack set the basket of apple treats in front of Spike, who immediately grabbed one of the apple cupcakes in his claw and licked his lips. He took a small bite from the pastry before setting it to the side for later.

Pinkie trotted over to Twilight with a smile. The earth pony placed her lips on the Alicorn’s, kissing her softly. Twilight kissed back after a second of surprise, everypony else staring at the scene in shock..
Dash didn’t know what to say. She wanted to know what a kiss felt like… So much so that she would gladly be kissed by anypony, mare or stallion….

All of a sudden, Fluttershy appeared to be very impatient.

“Come outside..” She muttered, looking at Rainbow with a smile.

Dash gladly followed Fluttershy outside of the castle, not even noticing the heavy rain pouring down. All of a sudden, the rainbow-maned mare felt a pair of lips pressing against hers in a very passionate kiss. She was in shock for a few seconds before she kissed back, waiting for this moment her entire life. After a few minutes, Fluttershy pulled away from Dash.

“Did you enjoy that?” she asked, grinning warmly.

Rainbow nodded happily. “Yes.”

After a few moments of awkward silence, Fluttershy spoke up shyly.

“I want to be more than friends with you. Would you like that?”

Rainbow was taken aback. She didn’t think that anypony liked her that way, much less Fluttershy. Still, she didn’t want to disappoint the yellow pegasus, and she was still figuring out what her sexuality was anyways.. So, why not?

Dash nodded. “If you want to…”

The two ponies, who were now dating, trotted back inside the castle.