• Published 12th Jul 2018
  • 270 Views, 2 Comments

A Selfish Romance - fluttershyisbestelement



Multiple, complicated relationships arise after Rarity's death hits hard for the other members of the Mane 6.

  • ...
 2
 270

Chapter Two

“W-What?” Pinkie’s eyes were filling with tears as she stared at the pony who had just rejected her love. She felt like an arrow had just been shot through her heart, leaving an empty hole.

“I-I….just can’t handle a relationship right now, Pinkie Pie..” Twilight began to softly cry, burying her face in her hooves.

Pinkie closed her eyes in an attempt to hold back the hot tears. “Oh…” Her mane deflated. “I need to go help out the Cakes anyway…” She hung her head, gloomily trotting away from the castle.

Applejack trotted over to Twilight, trying her best to stay calm. “Good job, Twilight. Now Pinkie is gone, and it’s all your fault.”

Twilight sat up, looking at the orange farm pony sadly. “If Rarity was still here, then I would have said yes to Pinkie in a heartbeat. But her death is still putting me through hell. That’s why I rejected Pinkie. Because I just can’t handle it right now..”

Rainbow Dash gulped. “Should we tell them?” She whispered to her new marefriend.

Fluttershy shook her head. “I don’t think we should.. Not yet..”

Applejack glared at Twilight, tearing up slightly. “Nuts, Twilight! If I can get over Rarity in a few days when I’ve had a crush on her forever, then you can get over her and allow Pinkie into your heart! You’re the Princess of Friendship for a reason, ya know!”

Twilight’s eyes widened. “You...liked her?”

The earth pony nodded solemnly. “For years… It’s funny… I’m the Element of Honesty and I couldn’t even be honest with the pony I was hopelessly in love with…” She laughed bitterly.

Twilight smiled warmly, hugging AJ. “T-Thank you.. For helping me through this..” She was tearing up now as well.

“No problem, Twilight.. Now, go find Pinkie, tell her the truth about your feelings.”

The Alicorn nodded, standing up and trotting out of the castle, determined to find the mare she loved.

Spike, who had finally finished his cupcake, ran out after her.

Little did the ponies know that a much darker scene was playing out elsewhere….

Comments ( 2 )

Why isn't there a death tag?

I get how everyone starts somewhere, but... it’s pretty rushed.

Login or register to comment