• Published 21st Jul 2018
  • 219 Views, 0 Comments

Evening Mist: A Story - HenBasket



Evening Mist, an orphan from Canterlot must learn to deal with the daily antics of Ponyville

  • ...
 0
 219

1: The Dream

Scootaloo remembered this dream; it was one of her favorites. She was walking down Ponyville’s Main Street when Rainbow Dash landed next to her.

“Hey, sport!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

“Hey Rainbow Dash,” replied Scootaloo eagerly, “what’s up?”

“Oh, not much. Just here to tell you that you’re now a full-fledged Wonderbolt!”

Scootaloo decided to mix up the dream a bit, and decided to be disappointed; but before she could answer, she felt a weird sensation. One she had only felt twice before, when Princess Luna combined her dreams with others’. But whose dream was it?

This was not part of the usual dream.

Scootaloo looked around. Nothing but a black void. She thought she heard somepony crying, so she trotted over to the source of the sound. When she got there she recognized who it was: Evening Mist, her old friend from the orphanage.

“Misty?” asked Scootaloo.

The blue pegasus looked up. “Scoots?”

“Yeah, it’s me. What’s wrong?”

Evening sniffed, “It’s Mr. Quilt. He’s gone too far this time.”

“Oh. What’d he do?” Scootaloo asked, concerned.
“I- I don’t wanna talk about it.”

“Well,” Scootaloo said, “I can stay here for y—”

Just then, a loud, masculine voice boomed, “WAKE UP YOU LITTLE SHIT!”

The two immediately recognized it as Mr. Quilt, the director of the orphanage.

“Scootaloo, I have to go.” Evening whimpered, before dissolving, indicating he had woken up.

Scootaloo stood there, feeling a mixture of sorrow and confusion, before letting out one word, borderline crying.

“Misty…”



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Scootaloo woke up crying. She looked at her alarm clock, still to early to get up. She got out of bed and went to the bathroom to get some water. After quenching her thirst, she started to climb back into bed when she felt her flank start to buzz. The Cutie Map was calling her.

The filly walked to her aunts’ room and saw that the light was on. She decided to knock on the door.

“Aunt Holiday? Auntie Lofty?” Scootaloo inquired.

A few seconds later, the door opened and Aunt Holiday responded groggily, “What’s wrong, honey-bun?”

“The map’s calling me again…” replied Scootaloo.

“Can’t it wait until morning?” Aunt Holiday asked, “It’s still dark out.”

“Well, my cutie mark will keep buzzing until I go to the map, so I won’t be getting any sleep.”

Just then, there was a knocking on the door.

“I wonder who could be at the door in the middle of the night?” Aunt Holiday asked nopony in particular as she walked to the foyer. As she opened the door, she immediately recognized who it was. “Twilight, what brings you here at this hour?”

“The map. It’s calling me and Scootaloo to Canterlot. Although I can’t figure out why,” responded the alicorn.

Scootaloo made her way to the door, “I might have an idea why…” she began.

Author's Note:

Well, this is the beginning of my OC’s backstory. Thought I should immediately get how Evening Mist and Scootaloo know each other. Annywad, let me know what you think!