• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 1,433 Views, 38 Comments

Statues: Continuation - TypewriterError



A collection of one shots to go with "Statues"

  • ...
1
 38
 1,433

The Meeting with Luna

The alicorn faced the clouded sky through the opened window. The room seemed... too big. There should have been somepony else to do this. Then again, if somepony else was still here...

A hoof on her door broke her train of thought.

“Come in.” she called and the door slid opened to reveal the braided yellow and orange unicorn.

“You called, Princess Luna?”

“Yes, Majesty. But, where is your shield?”

“I... I thought this was a formal hearing...” her eyes looked to the smashed mirror lying in front of the fireplace.

“No, it isn’t.”

“So... what’s my punishment... if it’s not too bold for me to ask...” Majesty added, hesitating.

“Majesty... I know you don’t trust me. I can understand. You were born during my banishment and grew up hearing stories of Nightmare Moon...”

“So they weren’t true?”

Luna paused. She detected the hint of accusation which was not cleverly hidden.

“They were. All too true.” Majesty looked away as Luna sighed heavily.

“I’m... I’m sorry for my comment. It was uncalled for...” Majesty stuttered.

“No, it was perfectly normal. Don’t think about it.” Luna said with a wave of her hoof, “Anyway, the reason I called you up here is... practice today.” Luna gave Majesty a moment to compose her face, “I heard... there were some... words between you two.”

“Please, Princess Luna! I didn’t know! I wasn’t...” Majesty stopped when Luna touched her horn to Majesty’s as a sign of comfort.

“Majesty Song, I am not angry at you. You might not realize this, but I do watch everypony carefully. And I noticed there seemed to be something... between you two.”

Majesty looked down at the carpet and shook her head... then shrugged.

“Majesty, look at me.” With some difficulty and shiny eyes she obeyed. “Come here...” Luna said, holding her forehoof out. Majesty looked at the offer of a hug, of comfort...

“No. That’s unprofessional.”

“Majesty...”

“Is there anything else?”

“Heart Forge knew he was going to die.” Majesty eyes stayed locked in the direction they were in... but Luna could see the confusion on her face.

“What was that?”

“He came to talk to me last night... Have you... spent time with Pinkie Pie at all?”

“Which one is she? What does she have to do with this?”

“I was wondering if you were aware of her ‘Pinkie sense’...?” her inquiry trailed off.

“You mean when she has a seizure or something and claims it predicts the future?”

“All earth ponies have some form of it.”

“That doesn’t make sense! How could earth ponies predict the future? Only alicorns...”

“It develops differently with each pony. Heart Forge could only sense certain events. Last night he came to me and asked me to give you something. He said... he felt he was going to die soon.” Majesty looked flabbergasted.

“Why didn’t he tell me? Why didn’t he warn me...”

“I think... he knew it had to happen.”

“Had to???” Luna took a letter from the mantle and floated it to Majesty.

“He... wanted to explain it himself..." she stated, dropping the letter at the unicorn's hooves, "I’ll give you a moment...”

As Luna left, she could see Majesty lift the letter from the floor and open it.