• Published 2nd Aug 2012
  • 2,297 Views, 66 Comments

Polar opposites - A Fox in Equestria



Two smitten pegasi, an oblivious pink party pony, and lots of awkward moments must lead to something

  • ...
7
 66
 2,297

Fluttershy: Ch. 2

"Hi Rarity!" Fluttershy chimed

"Flu... Flu..." the dumbfounded unicorn mumbled

"Do you like it?" Fluttershy continued in her upbeat tone, she shook her head to keep it looking unkempt

"Fluttershy your beautiful mane, WHYYYYYYY!?" the fashonista squealed

Fluttershy savored the next moment, "Dunno, just felt like it." she snickered

The unicorn could barely keep the shock off her face.

"Well... I have never been one to criticize ones fashion," she said evenly "But I know there is more to it than that."

She's onto me. Just stay calm, the old Fluttershy would spill her guts. You are the new Fluttershy, you are better than that.

"So are we gonna go to the spa or what?" Fluttershy redirected the conversation

"Yes of course, but I invited Pinkie Pie." Rarity told her "Dash was too busy to prank with her so she needed something to do."

Fluttershy's head spun. She tried to calm herself

Maybe this isn't bad! You get to spend time with Pinkie, even though you need some more personality practice. You can make this work Fluttershy.

She used those thoughts and recuperated.

"Great!" she said a little louder than needed "She never went with us before!" her voice cracked on the last word, luckily Rarity paid it no mind

"I know! Isn't it wonderful," she went on completely forgetting her shock at Fluttershy's new look "she's going to meet us there."

"Great." Fluttershy responded as they walked out the door.





As they walked through Ponyville more stares were earned, but Fluttershy took them in stride and used 'the stare' back at them. Rarity caught onto this and was shocked.

"My goodness!" she wailed "I will find out why you are acting so... Brash."

In response, Fluttershy gave her a wicked grin.

Not if I have anything to say about it...

As the neared the salon Fluttershy kept up her facade, but felt nervousness creep up her back. She wondered what Pinkie would think of her new look. Then she remembered who she was thinking about.

Pinkie Pie likes everything. Of course she will like your look.

She took comfort in that but it brought up a second question.

If she 'liked' everything and everypony, how do you know if she will like you in particular?

She pushed the thought away as she readied herself for a nerve racking salon experience. Rarity opened the salon door with her magic and the two walked in. As soon as the door closed Rarity was pounced on by a pink blur.

"Pinkie Pie would you be ever so kind as to get off me?" Rarity squeaked

"Okey doki loki!" the party pony responded as she faced Fluttershy "Hi Flutt..." she stopped

She doesn't like it! just run! Abort! Abort!

Fluttershy was about to carry out her plan, but before she could run Pinkie Pie was on top of her.

"OH MY GOSH FLUTTERSHY!" she squeed "Your mane is all -like- smaller!"

After dealing with the sudden blushing that came from the compliments and the pink mare on top of her, Fluttershy spoke.

"Hey Pinks!" she said in a tone almost mirroring Rainbow Dash's "Whats up?"

"You look like Rainbow Dash!" She squealed again "Only you're pink!"

Mission accomplished, now I just have to act the part so I can tell her later...

Pinkie Pie climbed off of Fluttershy and bounced until she was on hr hooves again.

"Why did you make your mane like that?" she inquired "wait I can figure it out!"

"Go ahead," Fluttershy challenged "You'll never figure it out."

"Maybe your mane got to long to handle! Or your animals started to nest in it! Or you tripped over it! Or..."

The mare was firing off random reasons Fluttershy would cut her mane. But then she suddenly stopped and looked at Fluttershy with the widest grin she has ever seen. She started bouncing around in little circles and chanted "I know why! I know why! I know why!"

"Enlighten me." Fluttershy grinned

Pinkie Pie landed mere inches from Fluttershy's face and with her eyes as big as dinner plates yelled...

"YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON RAINBOW DASH!"

Fluttershy was frozen stiff by this statement. But as the cogs in her head grinded together she realized what was happening.

"NO!" Fluttershy squealed "Not even close!"

"You're blushing dear," Rarity chimed "I had my suspicions."

"That's not it at all!" Fluttershy squeaked again, this time feeling the burning in her cheeks

"It's OK Flutters!" Pinkie beamed "We don't care if you like mares!"

"Yes darling, we won't treat you any differently." Rarity added in

Fluttershy backed away from the two approaching mares. She quickly reverted to her previous plan and flew out the door at speeds that would make The Wonderbolts jealous. She flew from the salon trying to escape the situation. She looked behind her to make sure she wasn't being followed, she heard about how even Rainbow Dash herself couldn't outrun Pinkie.

She saw no sign of the party pony so she turned to face forward. What she wasn't expecting to see was Rainbow Dash. They collided with a small umph and fell to the ground, luckily they had been flying low so it wasn't a long drop.

As their bodies hit the ground she felt the cyan pegasus under her.


And on her lips.


Fluttershy opened her eyes to a deeply blushing cyan pegasus, her eyes wide, their mouths still connected. After about three seconds she pulled away completely silent.


Fluttershy, still keeping up her act spoke first "Well hello to you too." She said with a smirk

Rainbow Dash was silent.

Fluttershy sensed the awkward-ness building up and decided to make a joke "I didn't know I was THAT irresistible."

Rainbow Dash was silent.

"Nice talk Rainbow." Fluttershy said as she flew away.



As she neared her cottage she allowed herself some time to think.

Well the salon date could have gone better. Now I have to convince them I don't like Rainbow Dash...

"Rainbow Dash..." She said out loud

Now THAT was awkward. Rainbow acted kinda weird.

"Well we did liplock, but i'm sure she was just stunned by my new look."

But something about the way she acted bugged Fluttershy a little. She normally would have jumped up and made the exact joke Fluttershy made, but instead she just sat there...

She pushed all trivial thoughts out of her mind. Not going to the spa lets her get to exercising early!

And with that she started her work out routine, but Rainbow Dashs reaction still lingered...