• Published 17th May 2018
  • 428 Views, 1 Comments

Stick N' Move - HybridSoldier



Nightmare Moon has just bought in a new reign of terror all over Equestria. Now, with most of the Equestrian populace beginning to die out, a lowly theif named Hot Shot finds himself in an unlikely place, a rebellion against Nightmare Moon.

  • ...
 1
 428

A Lowly Thief

"Stop, thief!"

A scream rang out through the air as a red stallion with a yellow mane and tail with a red streak ran across the streets of Dodge City, darting across the many ponies, donkeys, and mules on the streets. On his cutie mark, which was a flaming wheel, a saddlebag was wrapped around it. Behind him, the original owner of the saddlebag, a pink mare with electric-blue hair and tail with a cutie mark of a yellow teacup was behind him, constantly screaming "Stop, thief!".

The red stallion darted some more, until he thought he found his exit. Then, he found an obstacle.

Rather, two obstacles.

Two stallions, a pegasus and a unicorn, were standing in front of him, and they were stronger and looked like they could easily overpower him.

Shocked at this sudden turn of events, the stallion tried to turn back, but was blocked by the pink mare.

"There!" exclaimed the pink mare, who was pointing in the red stalion's direction. "He's the thief!"

The two stallions, who the thief now recognized as the Dodge City Branch of the Nightmare Millitia looked at each other, then back at the red thief, and then they spoke: "Hey, is this that thief who always evaded us?"

"Yeah, that Hot Shot guy, he always was such a pain in the ass."

"Why not arrest him and send him to the Canterlot prison?"

"Sounds like a good idea!"

As Hot Shot looked around, a bullet train pulled into the railway next to him. As he looked at it, the stallion soldiers looked at it as well.

"Hey, the train's here!" the unicorn said. "How convenient."

"Throw him on the train. Let him rot." the pegasus droned in an extremely threatening way that sent shivers down Hot Shot's spine.

And before he knew it, he was thrown on the train, and everything went dark.

====================================================================
When Hot Shot came to, he was in a moving train. The first thing he noticed was that there were many ponies, who looked just as threatening as the soldiers who threw him in.

The second thing was that, when he looked out the window, the train was moving across the river near the gorge and the Everfree Forest.

And the third thing?

It smelled. Like, a lot.

Imagine horse shit mixed with manure and the smell of a rotting body.

Now imagine that, multiplied about ten times more.

That was what Hot Shot was smelling, and he couldn't stand it.

Then, he was pushed by a force, and as he fell down, he looked up to see who it was.

It was a big, black pony, with black hair and tail with a gun as a cutie mark. As he stared at Hot Shot, his frown turned into a grin.

"Hey Muscle Milk!" exclaimed the black stallion. "We've got newcomers!"

"Eh?" asked a husky voice.

In an instant, somepony trotted over to Hot Shot, and thus, he got his first look at him.

He had white fur, a sharp contrast to the black pony's, well, black, and he was absolutely huge, with bulging veins and muscle mass everywhere and an absolutely strained looking head. True to his appearance, he had a cutie mark of a dumbbell as well as green hair and a green tail.

"Yeah, Tough Guy?" asked Muscle Milk.

"Looks live we have a new visitor. Would you like to introduce him?" inquired Tough Guy.

"But he looks weak as shit!" yelled Muscle Milk, in a voice that shook the entire train.

"I know, but he could make for a good keyhole." said Tough Guy, in a tone that made Hot Shot extremely nervous.

"Damn right he could." said Muscle Milk. "Besides, what harm could he do?"

"Besides steal, of course?"

Then, the entire train car broke out in laughter.

However, a voice broke through all the laughter, something that Hot Shot assumed was the train conductor speaking through his fly wire.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU ABOSLUTE TRASH!"

"Fuck you!" yelled a pony, presumably a stalion's. "You can never tell us what to do! Soon, the regime that you are a part of will fall apart, and the sun will rise again!"

Many ponies yelled in excitement, but they were soon silenced by the conductor.

"SHUT UP! IT'S YOUR FAULT IF YOU RISE UP AGAINST QUEEN NIGHTMARE MOON! THE NIGHT HAS LASTED FOREVER FOR THREE THOUSAND YEARS, IT WILL LAST FOREVER FOR ANOTHER THREE FUCKING THOUSAND YEARS!"

Then, everything was silent.

During that time, Hot Shot took the time to slip out of the two brutes' clutches and buck the door open and escape to another train car, then another.

"Hey, where'd he go?" asked Muscle Milk, who was the first to notice Hot Shot's disappearance.

"Damn it!" yelled Tough Guy. "He escaped!"

=====================================================================
Hot Shot, sure that he had evaded the brutes, stopped in his tracks as he surveyed the area around him. Unfortunately, it was all the same, save the prisoners, which were all new.

While he was in the car, he thought about his life, how he came to become the thief that he was, and about his family.

Particluarly, about his family.

He remembered that he was born without a father nor a mother, how he had been left to fend on his own, and how he had claimed his first steal.

It was when he was nine, in a diner in Applelosa. At the time, he was wandering around the relentless Everfree Forest and the desert, hoping for some food, as he came across the diner.

He remembered walking into the diner and ordering a Applelosa Deluxe: eggs with bacon with a side of Sweet Apple Acre's experimental Apple Fries. After he ate it, he ran out of the store, only to feel a hoof on his flank.

"Now kid," Hot Shot remembered him saying "you've got to pay before you leave!"

Hot Shot also remembered the Applelosa Deluxe's price: 3,999 bits! Such a staggering price for a satisfying meal, and Hot Shot didn't have any bits!

"Sorry, kid, but you've gotta pay up. It's the law in Applelosa, you know."

Everything that happened afterwards was a blur. All Hot Shot remembered was being in the diner one minute, and running for his life as the dinerowner yelled "Stop, theif!" the next.

After he managed to escape from Applelosa, Hot Shot remembered that he noticed something on his teeth.

It was the dinerowner's wallet.

At first, Hot Shot was shocked, but as he wandered through the deserts of the Southern Lunar Empire, he discovered that he can actually get something to eat!

And so, for the next fifteen years, Hot Shot stole from unsuspecting ponies wandering through the desert and, after reaching Dodge City, the town itself.

Due to the darkness of the night giving him an advantage, he was free to steal from anyone and anything as long as no one caught him.

'Well,' Hot Shot thought as he put his mind back into the present. 'it was fun while it lasted.'

As Hot Shot looked out the window, he saw the Everfree Forest giving way to a view of Ponyville. Then, the conductor yelled through his fly wire.

"NEXT STOP, PONYVILLE!"

As Hot Shot looked as the prisoners came on, he heard a sound.

And then another sound.

And then another, and then...

BANG!

A black stallion with a hat and a black tail and mane as well as a cutie mark of a sunburst burst into the car and, before Hot Shot could react, was taken by his hair.

"Ow!" yelled Hot Shot, certainly feeling the pain. "What was that for?"

"You'll thank me later." said the mysterious stallion.

As he and the stallion galloped off towards Star Swirl-knows-where, Hot Shot could do nothing but realize that he should've been more evasive.

"Damn it!" screamed Hot Shot, as he was taken off to somewhere.

Author's Note:

Sorry, writing on my phone is an absolute pain, no thanks to this operating system's so-called spell check program. Kthanks for reading my story, bye.