• Published 28th Apr 2018
  • 315 Views, 0 Comments

The Pie's The Limbo - StarwhiteDiamond

  • ...
 0
 315

The Accident

"Just one more time." Princess Twilight Sparkle said to herself as she focused her mind on the spell she had been practicing the past week. "It will work this time. I just know it will." Twilight closed her eyes as she once again cast the spell. A few loud noises and a flash of light forced Twilight to look up. The Princess ducked down as a beam of light ricocheted off of every wall of the room she was currently in before it finally hit the door and disappeared, relieving the shaken Alicorn. Slowly, Twilight got up and looked around the room. There were burn marks everywhere but no sign of smoke or a fire.

"It was supposed to work this time." Twilight muttered to herself as she headed towards the door. "I'm just gonna have to try to cast the spell again later when my friends are with me. It's bound to work then." Twilight smiled to herself as she used her magic to open the door and headed out to meet her friends at Sugarcube Corner. Ponies greeted her as she trotted through Ponyville and towards her destination. As Twilight walked, she tried casting her spell again to no avail. "Oh, come on." Twilight said angrily to herself as she walked towards Sugarcube Corner. "I was sure my new spell was going to work this time." She stopped outside Sugarcube Corner.

"WELL, I'M JUST GOING TO HAVE TO TRY CASTING THIS SPELL LATER. AGAIN." Twilight shouted sarcastically to herself as she climbed up the stairs of Sugarcube Corner. Twilight's sudden shouting caused other ponies in the area to stop what they were doing and they stared at the upset Alicorn in surprise and in confusion. Twilight, ignoring all the stares she was getting from other ponies, headed into Sugarcube Corner. The Princess of Friendship looked around for her friends, spotted them and trotted over, once again ignoring all the stares she was getting from all the ponies in the room, her friends included. Twilight firmly sat herself down on an empty seat at her friends' table, sighed, and face planted on the table. Her friends became concerned for her safety.

"Uh, Twilight?" Applejack asked as she got up and trotted over to her. "You okay."

Twilight lifted her head up off the table and looked at Applejack. "I'm fine, Applejack. Trust me. I really am."

"Are you sure?" Rainbow Dash asked, also getting up and trotting over to Twilight. "You don't look like you're fine. Also, we could hear you shouting about not being able to cast a spell from inside the shop."

"Heh. Sorry about that." Twilight said sheepishly. "That spell was supposed to be a surprise for later. Sorry for accidently letting it slip." Twilight scratched her head and yawned. "Besides, it's not like anypony else heard me shouting."

"Aw, it's okay, Sugarcube." Applejack replied. She looked around the room and then outside. "Also, I'm pretty sure we weren't the only ones who heard you shouting." Applejack stepped backwards, allowing Twilight to look around the room. She watched on as Twilight's eyes shrank to pinpricks. The Princess quickly apologized to the ponies in Sugarcube Corner, watching in confusion as each pony got up and left. This left Twilight alone with her friends.

"Well that was interesting alright." Twilight said sarcastically as she trotted towards one of the walls in Sugarcube Corner and sat down, crying. Twilight's friends looked at each other and then over at Twilight, who was still sitting in front of the wall and sulking. Nodding, Twilight's friends trotted over and sat down next to her. Twilight smiled to herself as she let her friends comfort her. A few minutes later, Twilight was fine and back to her old self.

"Thanks, girls." Twilight spoke softly, turning to face her friends. She smiled and gave each of her friends a huge hug. "Mind if I show you all the spell here. I mean, we're the only ones here."

"Sure can, Sugarcube." Applejack replied, trotting over towards the door. "Although, you might to close this door. I'm sure you don't want to hit anypony outside with your spell." Twilight nodded and trotted towards the door. Standing next to Applejack, Twilight looked confused as she scanned the area for ponies. She turned to look at Applejack.

"There's nopony outside, Applejack." Twilight said. "Maybe we should leave the door open."

Applejack looked outside and then at Twilight. "I guess you're right. Let's leave the door alone." The two ponies trotted over to rejoin their friends and Twilight proceeded to show them her spell.

As the Princess of Friendship concentrated on her spell, the sounds of Pinkie jumping down the stairs distracted her and she and her friends looked up at her. Looking up at Pinkie caused Twilight to lose her concentration and the Alicorn released the spell. The group of ponies watched in shock as the spell ricocheted off the walls of Sugarcube Corner and headed towards Pinkie Pie. The rest of the group covered their eyes as the spell hit Pinkie, resulting in a bright flash of light.

When the light faded, the ponies uncovered their eyes. They looked up at the stairs. The group of ponies became confused when they noticed Pinkie wasn't standing on the stairs. An hour of searching Sugarcube Corner brought them to a seemingly dead end as there seemed to be no sign of Pinkie anywhere.

"We've searched everywhere." Twilight sat on the floor again and started moping. "But there's no sign of her."

Applejack trotted over to Twilight and sat next to her. The Alicorn seemed to calm down as she let the Cowpony pat her on the back. "Don't worry, Sugarcube." Applejack reassured her friend. "We'll find her eventually. I just know we will." Twilight looked up at Applejack and smiled, tears still in her eyes.

"I know we can." Rainbow Dash shouted, landing next to Twilight. The rainbow maned Pegasus put a hoof around the Alicorn. "You know we're always there for you, Twilight."

"Yes, Rainbow, I know." Twilight replied softly.

Author's Note:

Please give this story a thumbs up instead of a thumbs down. My other story on this site got at least one thumbs down and I'm not happy about that.