• Published 26th Jul 2012
  • 2,147 Views, 18 Comments

Possibilities: Angels of Equestria - Apollo and Artemis



A tale of an angel who is sent to another world on the grounds that he is helping his friend in her never ending quest for knowledge.

  • ...
8
 18
 2,147

Ch.4: A Friend In Need...

Celestia soon asked Leo and company to come to the castle.
"Leo, you have to understand. You are the first non-royal alicorn I have ever seen! Somepony becoming an alicorn can only happen in two ways. 1: Either me or Luna make them one or 2: They were turned by the Elements of Harmony."

"Maybe that's because we're from a different world." Leo said, gaining the attention of everypony in the chariot.

"What?" Celestia said, clearly confused.

"That's right. We're all from a different world. Me and Irune are angels-" Leo was cut off by Twilight.

"What are angels?" Twilight asked.

"We're what humans would call 'holy beings'. Except me and Irune are different. We're angels of death." Leo answered with pride.

"How can there be a holy being for something as horrible as death?" Rarity asked.

"We're more like the Special Forces of the angels. Believe me, there are things just as bad. Like angels of war, pestilence and famine. The Heavenly Host is more of the main force and face of Heaven." The Mane 6 were completely in the dark about what Leo was saying. Celestia had a basic idea, though.

They had reached the castle after their conversation. They all walked to the throne room in relative silence. When they reached the throne room and the doors were closed, Leo and the others were bombarded with questions.
"Girls, please. One at a time." Leo said as Celestia gave a small chuckle.

"So, Twilight, you're up first." Leo said. Bad move.

"What's your society like? What do humans eat? Can humans do magic? What kind of magic can you do?" Twilight fired question after question and Leo could feel the veins in his head begin to pulse. God, he hated the incredibly curious type. Sure, he was okay with a question or two, but this was pushing it.

"Okay, okay. One at a time." Leo said again.

"Okay, what kind of magic can you do?" Twilight asked, now calm.

"It ranges from healing to combat. But I'm most proficient with combat." Leo answered.

"Can we see a demonstration?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah but-" Leo was cut off by a roar from outside. A very familiar roar. One that sent chills down Leo's spine. Not because he couldn't take it, but because he was afraid for the safety of those around him.

"What was that!?" shouted Rainbow Dash.

"No, it can't be..." Leo said as he ran outside. The others followed suit.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leo was shocked and angry at Cierra for sending a Teostra to fight him.
"Cierra, I'm going to kill you!" Leo shouted as he dodged a swipe of the Teostra's claw.

"Hey, they said they wanted a demonstration." Cierra shrugged from nowhere.

"Cierra, Fuck you!" Leo cursed as the Teostra swiped and he dodged.

"Hey, don't make promises you can't keep." Cierra taunted. Leo just decided to stop talking and focus on the task at hand. Killing the Teostra.

(I used this song as inspiration)

Leo found a gap in the Teostra's attacking to summon his blade, Demon Slayer, and enchanted the blade with a lightning spell. Leo flew up with an arc of lightning following which, the Teostra dodged. The Teostra appeared behind him and Leo blocked it and charged at it. The Teostra and Leo locked claw and blade. The Teostra flew up and breathed a rain of fire. Leo reacted quickly, cast a barrier and flew up to deliver an upward slash. The Teostra flinched, but kept up it's onslaught of fire. Leo dodged and sent out a fist of darkness from his black left hoof. This knocked down the Teostra, but it got right back up, let out a loud roar and continued its attack. Leo got caught by the claws and was knocked back. Leo got up and noticed that the monster was flapping its wings slowly.
"Oh shit!" Leo cursed as Twilight approached.

"Leo! Get back!" shouted Twilight as she came closer to assist Leo.

"No! Stay away!" It was too late. The Teostra bit down on air and a series of explosions sounded around Twilight and Leo. He flared his wings and dashed for Twilight, but he didn't make it. The explosions hit them both and they were sent flying into a wall. As he hit the wall, he could swear that he heard the sickening crack of bones.

"Shit! I think Twilight's hurt" He thought as he got to his hooves, his world still a swirling mass of colors from the impact. He quickly shook his head to rid the stars from his eyes and he turned his gaze to his right. It confirmed his fears. There, writhing on the ground, was Twilight. Blood was pooling underneath her, matting her fur with splotches of red and brown and he could see one of her ribs had punched a hole in her skin. He could only guess how many more were broken. His rage built up inside him until it could no longer be held back.

"No... God Damn you!" Leo shouted as the Teostra flew up and rained fire on Leo. He cut through the fire and into the body of the beast. The monster wailed in agony as it crashed to the ground.

He was about to finish it, but a tornado of fire erupted from the ground as the Teostra got up with fire in its claws.
"You're dead! You hear me!?" Leo shouted as the beast charged at him with its flaming claws. Leo parried the attacks with lightning imbued strikes of his blade. He jumped back and dragged the tip of his Demon Slayer on the ground in the direction of the Teostra.

"Vanish!" He fired lightning waves from his blade that cut through the flames the beast was breathing. He couldn't cut through the beast's shield of fire, but then he had an idea. He backed off and summoned a new weapon. A glistening black claymore with runes that started to glow. Leo placed the blade on his wings and the blade split in half. The two halves placed themselves on his wings to form armor.

"You're in for it now." Leo snarled as he stood on his hind legs and pulled two glowing red swords from nowhere. He threw the swords at the beast, quickly replacing them with another pair. The beast roared as the swords dug into its armor-like hide and Leo dodged as it charged in anger. This cycle repeated a few times and Leo moved to finish it. He stood still for a moment and let the beast come close. As it got within a few feet of him, he clapped his hooves and each sword that was embedded in its hide exploded and the beast was torn apart from the inside out by the explosions.
BATTLE END
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leo rushed over to the injured and unconscious Twilight. It seemed as though she was in worse shape than when he last checked. Apart from four of her ribs being broken and one of them puncturing her skin, she also seemed to have several burns on her body.
"Shit. Everyone stay back!" Leo said as he moved closer to Twilight. He checked for vitals and he relaxed a bit when he saw that her breathing and heart rate were stable.

"Agh... Leo...?" Twilight tried to get up, but she immediately fell back down.

"Stay down, Twilight. It's me, Leo." Leo said as his horn started to glow with a warm light. Twilight's ribs knitted themselves together and her burns began to heal.

"Woah. What did you do?" Twilight asked as she tried to stand again, only to have the same result.

"Twilight, stay down. You took a beating. Just lay down and rest." Leo said, gently pushing Twilight's head down.

"Okay..." Twilight said quietly as she lay down and fell into a deep sleep.

Twilight woke up in the middle of the night with a letter by her side.
"Who's this from?" Twilight said as she turned on a light and read the letter.
"It's from Leo!"

Dear Twilight,

Sorry for not protecting you well enough. I have to leave for a while to have a few words with
my stupid associate. Hope you get better. I'll be back.

,Leo
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leo was back at the farm shouting at the top of his lungs.
"A fucking TEOSTRA!?" Leo shouted into the sky and was responded by Cierra with a slightly shaky voice.

"I thought it would help..." Cierra said meekly. It was one of those moments when Cierra really crossed the line.

"Help? HELP!? How the fuck did you come up with the notion that sending an Elder Dragon to Equestria would help!?" Leo shouted and Cierra flinched on her end.

"Look, I'm sorry. I thought it would help and I wasn't thinking clearly. Would you forgive me?" Cierra asked and Leo looked to the ground as he shook his head.

"How could I when you just endangered some of the most peaceful living creatures I have ever met? I will this time, but if you screw up again, I won't be as forgiving." Leo said as he walked off into town to catch the train for Canterlot, leaving Cierra to think about what she had done.

"I'm sorry..." Cierra said to no one as she got up from her desk and grabbed a mug of steaming hot chocolate. She'd have to make it up to him somehow.

Author's note: Hai, everypony! I just wanted to say that most of the chapters following will be Leo's life in Equestria. Sorry to say that I might not update this for a while. This story is seriously ideas out of the ass.