• Published 5th Apr 2018
  • 853 Views, 16 Comments

War - Chaotic_Revenge



With their hearts as cold as ice and their fur covered in frost. They engage in war.

  • ...
1
 16
 853

As Cold As Ice

Lieutenant Stormwing threw open the great-oak doors of the war chamber

“General Rumble, we just got news that enemy is leading a direct assault straight here!" He yelled in between gasps of air, sweat dripping from his brow.

“What are the numbers, lieutenant?” General Rumble looked over and asked Stormwing in a grave, albeit squeaky voice.

“All of them!” Lieutenant Stormwing shouted.

General Rumble looked grim. He didn’t know if they could survive an assault against those numbers, but he wouldn’t let his weakness show. He had an image to keep in front of his troops.

“Lieutenant,” He put on a brave face and stuck a defiant pose. “Grab all the stallions and get them to their stations on the wall. We will show them why they should think twice before trying to take on fort Thunder Strike!

The lieutenant quickly left the war room and General Rumble went to join his troops amongst the wall. he wasn’t going to hide inside his war room whilst his stallions threw themselves into the fray for him.

***

General Rumble and his brave soldiers stood on the impenetrable walls of fort Thunder Strike. The opposing army stood far below them looking like ants from such a great height.

“Evildoers!” General Rumble called down to the forces that wished to take their home. “This day you have walked up to my walls, this day you bring promises of war! Well I will not allow this! Let is be known that this day is the day that the walls of fort Thunder Strike stand tall for another day! Let it be known that-” but his words were cut short by a small spherical object impacting his face with such force that it caused him to have to sit down. It was a snowball. Nopony really knew who threw the snowball, but it was forever know to be the snowball that started the war’.


General Rumble stared down at the pile of snow in shock. The world stood still and silent around him. Everypony held their breath.

“Fire!” Rumble yelled out in rage. How dare they strike him in the middle of such an amazing speech!

The world was bathed in white, snowball after snowball was thrown at the opposing army. Rumble joined in, standing up and grabbing an hoof-loaf of snowballs, ready to join his brethren. He aimed at a certain orange pegasus, riding a scooter and resupplying the enemy forces with snowballs. If her cut off their supply, his side could win by choking the enemy of their resources.

The snowball was thrown straight and true, directly striking Scootaloo in the face. She was sent flying as her motorized scooter continued on without her, crashing into a ditch and launching the cart full of snowballs she was ferrying into the air; raining down on those around her, burying them in snow.

“Whoohoo! Direct hit!” Rumble cheered as Scootaloo’s head popped out of the snowbank.

“You’ll pay for that, you featherbrain.” Scootaloo yelled at him with fury.

“You have to catch me first!” He stuck his tongue out at her.

Scootaloo jumped out of the snow and quickly formed a snowball in her hooves. Once it was formed, she launched it up at Rumble, nearly missing him by only a couple of inches. This was incentive enough for Rumble, and he dashed along the top of the wall, bobbing and weaving around the snowballs thrown by Scootaloo. He moved past his warriors, dodging and vaulting over them, all the while the orange filly was hot on this tail. Another snowball came dangerously close to hitting him.


“Miss me miss me now you gotta kiss me!” Rumble sang back at her. That only served to make her more furious.

With a roar she catapulted another snowball towards Rumble. This one, however unlike all the others, was a perfect shot. It slammed into the back of his head, causing him to tumble over the large walls of Fort Thunder Strike. Time seemed to slow as he fell from the massive walls, and turned in fear to see the ground fast approaching.
He hit the ground with a smack, having only fell two feet.

Rumble lay in a daze, face down in the snow. He rolled onto his back with a grown, and suddenly and orange blob pounced on top of him and pinned him to the ground.

“Ha! Got you now!” Scootaloo exclaimed with a smug look upon her face. “So what was that you said about a kiss?”


“Wait, what no! NO! Please don’t kiss me! I don’t want filly cooties!” Rumble yelled out in child-like horror. Scootaloo slowly leaned in closer to his face, her lips puckered up for a kiss.

THUNK

Scootaloo was suddenly blindsided by a snowball, completely knocking her off of Rumble.

“Get off of him you chicken!” A voice called out. Rumble looked over to see it was Button Mash, standing heroically on a pile of snow. The sun seeming to illuminate his form.

"Button! You came just in time!” Rumble said as button began forming another snowball. “She was going to kiss me!”

“I know I saw.”

“Hey that’s not fair!”: Scootaloo jumped up, “You can’t double team!"

“It’s not double teaming! It’s giving help to a friend when he is in trouble!”

“That’s still double teaming!”

“Hey, teamwork makes the dream work.”

“I have to agree with you on that one.” A mysterious voice said from behind Button Mash

“Button turned around only to get suddenly slammed in the face with a snowball, causing him to fall form his throne.


“Teamwork does make the dreamwork.” Sweetie Belle said climbing up to take her place on the top of the hill.

“Sweetie, thank celestia your here!” Scootaloo cheered “Now we can show these dumb colts whose boss!” She ran up to join Sweetie on the hill.

“Hey were not dumb.” Rumble said. “You’re dumb... you dummy!”

“Yeah!” Button added, standing next to Rumble,. The colts held a collection of snowballs in their hooves waiting to be thrown at a moment’s notice.


Sweetie Belle’s only response was to throw another snowball of her own at Button. Button, however, was prepared and jumped somewhat graceful out of the way, all the while careful not to drop the snowballs he was holding. He quickly returned fire, rapidly throwing his own snowball at Sweetie Belle. Many of them missed as she danced atop her frozen throne, except for one thrown with a bit of luck that hit her square in the face.

Sweetie Belle sat for a moment, stunned, as bits of snow fell from her face.

“Oh that’s it!” She angrily squeaked. She lit up her horn, levitating random piles of snow and formed a volley of snowballs above her head. “Take this!” She shouted as she cast a hailstorm of snow down onto Button. The colt screamed in pure terror, his short life flashing before his eyes, but before he could be buried under the cascade of white snow Rumble jumped towards him and shoved him out of the way.

“Avenge me!” He said to Button moments before he was buried alive; the only sign of him that remained was a lone hoof that stuck out of the snow that twitched periodically.


“Rumble no!” Button cried out to his friend before quickly turning to Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. “You will pay for this!” He said angrily and shook his hoof at the two fillies.

"Oh yeah?" Sweetie Belle questioned. "If we are gonna pay for this why don't you come and get us!" She stuck her tongue out at Button.

With a roar Button bolted towards the two fillies, making a beeline specifically towards Sweetie Belle. The white unicorn eeped and began to run away from the colt like her life depended on it; and judging from the way Button was war-crying it probably did.

Scootaloo watched in a stunned silence as the two ponies ran off into the distance, one of them yelling and the other crying out for help.

“Heh, lovebirds.” Scootaloo said quietly to herself.

"what in tarnation is all the commotion over here about?" A southern voice asked, rising up the hill..

"Oh you know,” Scootaloo turned to address the new pony. “snowball fights."

"Sure as heck a lot of yelling for a snowball fight doncha think?” Apple bloom inquired “And why is Rumble buried in a pile of snow?"

"Help me" Rumble called out lamely in a muffled voice.

"well it was a pretty intense snowball fight."

"uh huh, Well we should probably get Rumble out of there." Apple Bloom said trotting over to Rumble, grabbing his protruding hoof and attempted to pull him out. "Well don't just stand there! come over here and help me get him out before he gets frostbite or something!"

Scootaloo trodded on over to Applebloom to help her pull the colt from the snow drift that the now vacant sweetie dropped onto him. With one last pull Rumble burst from the powdery snow.

"Thanks.” he mumbled, not all that happy that he had to get help from the enemy.

“No problem Rumble! You know ah couldn't just leave in there to freeze.” Apple Bloom said.

“Yeah! And you still owe me a kiss!” Scootaloo said with a smirk.

“No way! I am not getting filly cooties!” Rumble cried out, backing away from Scootaloo

Apple Bloom just rolled her eyes. “How about we all head on over to Sugar Cube corner? Get ourselves warmed right up. Sound like a plan?”

“Sure, I could definitely go for some hot cocoa. Especially after Sweetie buried me in the snow” Rumble stated.

“What about Sweetie and Button? Scootaloo asked

“They'll show up eventually.” Apple bloom responded.

Scootaloo just shrugged in response

And with that the three young ponies made their way to Sugarcube corner to satisfy their sweet tooths and warm their bellies.

Author's Note:

There might be a second or maybe even third chapter. It depends on how well this does and if Im feeling up to it