• Published 8th Dec 2011
  • 2,171 Views, 7 Comments

Ice of the Mind - Dracoliat



What happens when Fluttershy comes down with a strange illness, the day her and RD go to canterlot?

  • ...
1
 7
 2,171

Chapter 3

Dash's hoof slowly went up to feel her own head. It was pounding as if she had been trampled by stallions. Her mouth felt as if she hadn't drank anything in a entire day.

The memories of last night slowly came back to Dash but they were all blurred, until the incident. 'Who did do that then?' Dash asked herself remembering that Fluttershy had said she didn't do it.

Dash's eyes shot wide open as she sat up searching frantically for Fluttershy who was sitting on the opposite side of the bed. With a quick glance she saw the pink pegasus looked OK.

"Good morning Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy said amused. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine," She said before Dash could even ask.

Dash laughed loudly at her pre-emptive response. "You know me almost to well," Dash said towards Fluttershy.

Fluttershy leaned towards her and said kindly, "I think there are things I still don't know about you." Her lips brushed softly against Rainbow Dash's ears. "However unless you want to be late for the Wonderbolts, getting to know each other better will have to wait," Fluttershy's voice was filled with happiness.
=======


Dash's mind flashed back to the day before, how bad Fluttershy was injured, what had happened? "Hey Fluttershy before we go, you have some explaining to do. First of why are you acting as if that incident yesterday never happened?"

Fluttershy's eyebrows raised up and she asked, "what incident?"

"The one with all of the blood." Dash said as she started describing it, the entire time Fluttershy looked at Dash sincerely.

"Um, Rainbow Dash, I think you might have had a nightmare." Fluttershy responded, her hoof pointing at the previously bloody bed, it was clean. The bucket of ice was still there but Fluttershy had no clue why Dash had brought it with her.

"But... it was real, I know it..." Dash muttered as she started to doubt herself. "I need to go for a walk real quick, alone." Without saying anymore Dash left Fluttershy in the room alone as she walked through the small hotel and emerged onto the street. She didn't even know where she was going, her hooves seemed to carry themselves along a winding path.
=======


She soon found herself along a familiar street. Ponies were staring at Rainbow Dash and her haggard look, from not having showered that morning. They all wore suits, except for her, but she didn't care. She found herself for the second time, staring at a large clock. It was the clock store again. Inside of the glass the clock that had caught her attention the last few days had been replaced with a ordinary clock.

Not having much better to do, and seeing she still had an hour and a half before they had to meet the Wonderbolts, she walked into the warm store. Inside it seemed like there were hundreds of clocks and watches. A warm voice rang out as she entered, "well hello again."

Dash looked up and found a light blue unicorn looking her way. His red eyes seemed to look into her very soul, his hoofsteps echoed of the hard wooden floors as he silently approached Rainbow Dash. "How may I help you today?" the colt asked amused about something.

For some reason Rainbow Dash trusted this colt, even though she had only seen him twice before. She felt as if she owed this unicorn something, yet couldn't put her hoof on it.

"So, how was your meeting with the Wonderbolts?" he asked.

"It was good except afterwards some really bad ponies tried to..." Dash went silent and started to blush immensely.

"I understand, so then, how did you get out of it?" He asked with evident curiosity.

"That's the strange part, somepony came and beat up the other ponies." Dash said looking of in the distance. "What's even weirder is that this morning my girlfriend, Fluttershy said that she didn't remember a really bad injury from yesterday."

"Those are very strange situations, maybe you should just ignore it for now and count your blessings? Oh and by the way if you don't go soon you will be late for your appointment." The Unicorn said kindly as a candle flickered slightly.

"Thanks for the advice, and the reminder," Dash said as she ran out of the store and took of towards the hotel.
=======


"Hey Fluttershy, you ready?" Dash said as she ran into the room to find Fluttershy waiting in her Wonderbolt uniform again.

Fluttershy nodded as she gave Dash her own uniform. After five minutes of struggling Dash and Fluttershy took of down the hallway. Once outside they stretched their wings as they took of to soar high above the city of Canterlot. Dash looked down as they passed over the alleyway from last night, laying there, were the ponies from yesterday. She didn't notice the night before, but there was blood all over the walls.

Ignoring the now uneasy feeling in her stomach Dash and Fluttershy arrived at the bar. Outside somepony was selling apples. Quickly Fluttershy threw a few bits at him as she took an apple and bit in eagerly.

On the sign above the stand it said, 'real Sweet Apple Acre apples.'

After finishing, Fluttershy leaned over and put the core in the trashcan nearby. She nodded indicating she was ready and Dash nudged the door open with her forehead.
=======


This time the bar was a lot more empty. Only a few ponies were here, the largest group were the four Wonderbolts sitting at the same table as yesterday.

"Good to see you again, you ready?" Soarin asked as he walked up to the two ponies followed by Spitfire, Zap, and Swoop.

"Yep," Rainbow Dash answered excitedly.

Fluttershy nodded without saying anything and they walked out of the bar together.

"Try to keep up," Soarin shouted as he took of, his tail swaying in the wind, all of the others followed before Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash even knew what was happening.

They finally kicked of and flapped their wings hard to catch up with the Wonderbolts. When they finally did manage to catch up, the Wonderbolts went straight up sharply.
=======


After about half an hour Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were flying steadily with the four others. They could perform turns so fast it would make their own heads spin. Soarin nodded slightly and the group began to slow very quickly.

"Ok, time for lunch," Soarin said as he made a 180 degree turn and sped towards bill's.

Inside of the empty bar, on the Wonderbolts table were six delicious looking sandwhiches. As Soarin walked to the table he passed the bar and threw a small bag of bits towards the bartender, thanking him.

"That was so good!" Dash exclaimed as she sat back having finished her sandwich. It had mayo, ham, tomatoes, and even a dab of mustard, exactly how she liked it.

"I'm glad you liked it, now time for more flying," Spitfire said as she followed Soarin and the others outside.
=======


The rest of the day was spent flying fast and pulling sharp turns. At the end of the day they, again, returned to bill's. "You two aren't bad, not bad at all," Swoop mocked.

Spitfire quickly slapped Swoop and said, "they're not drunk, so they wouldn't go for somepony like you." Everypony in the bar went silent until a loud "OHHH" came up from the bar in unison.

"Ya whatever Spit, hey waitress one shot." Swoop responded waving the waitress with a bottle over. She quickly put down the small glasses and started to pour small shots into each before passing them out to the assembled Wonderbolts.

"To our rookies!" Zap yelled as he held up his shot glass only to have it be met by empty glasses. He turned and laughed before downing his own.

Five days passed that way. They would wake up, practice, eat, drink and then go have some fun. Then in the morning they would do it all again. And then finally it was Sunday.
=======


"Good morning Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy said cheerfully as she opened the blinds to let in Celestia's bright sun.

"Ugh," was Dash's only response as she sat up and jumped out of the bed. "So where do you want to go?" Dash asked as her mind flashed back to the clock store. "Actually I have a nice place," Dash said before Fluttershy could answer.

Without explaining Dash wrapped her wing around Fluttershy and walked with her towards the store. As soon as they walked onto the fancy street a businesspony walked into them seperating them before giving them both a dirty glare. "Oh yeah..." Dash said as she remembered why they hadn't gone back, but that unicorn had just seemed so nice.
=======


Dash smiled as she turned the final corner and she walked towards the store. Fluttershy's eyes shifted to the large stone clock on top of the building. A small bell chimed as they opened the door, a warmth greeted them. It felt almost like home, much more like home then their hotel room anyways.

"Oh, well hello again, this is your girlfriend?" The light blue unicorn asked Rainbow Dash kindly.

"Ya," Dash replied, "This is Fluttershy, Fluttershy this is... Uh what's your name?" Dash asked embarrassed.

"My name is Postim, remember?" Postim replied amused.

"Oh ya, this is Postim," Dash said blushing slightly at her memory troubles.

Fluttershy looked the Unicorn straight in his red eyes. They didn't waiver or move, they just stared emptily into his. "Um Fluttershy are you ok?" Dash asked her as she shook Fluttershy slightly.

Fluttershy blinked twice before looking at Dash, "Oh, yeah, I guess. Can we get out of here, we don't need a clock do we?"

"No, we don't. Sure we can go." Dash said knowing something was wrong.

As soon as they were out of earshot Fluttershy said quietly, "I think I met Postim before, I know I haven't but it feels like I did."
=======


Shrugging Dash led Fluttershy to their favorite place in Canterlot, Bill's bar. The bar was unusually crowded today, but this time nopony turned to look at Dash and Fluttershy. They were recognized by a few of the colts and fillies and exchanged brief yet pleasant greetings with them as they went to sit by their table. None of the Wonderbolts were present at the time.

Fluttershy grabbed a shot glass and clinked it against Dash's glass before they drank in unison. After two more drinks they decided it was to early to get drunk. When they went to walk outside Postim was standing there. But Fluttershy didn't seem to notice him anymore. He looked Dash straight in the eyes, a single tear fell from his eye and he disappeared into thin air as he pointed to Fluttershy.
=======


Fluttershy was on the ground, everypony was looking at her. A single wet guttural scream came from her as her body twitched violently. She went still until a spout of blood came from her open mouth. This time, Dash knew it was real, all to real.