• Published 26th Feb 2018
  • 716 Views, 7 Comments

The Brother's Adventure 2 - lightningman



Xayvier is back and having to deal with being homeless and having a town to keep safe.

  • ...
2
 7
 716

Chapter 1 - Voidic Returns

I was jumping across rooftop looking for some crimes to stop. Rarity had finished my new costume yesterday

I was just about to call of my patrol for the night when I heard some whimpering. To the normal person, It wouldn't have been audible. But I was not a normal Person. I had powers from the Outsider. I still needed to figure out why my brother and I attract such weird things. I turn to the alley where the whimpering was coming from and I look down. I saw a child.

"A kid?" I whisper to myself. "Out this late at night?" I clench my fist and my mark begins to glow. I begin to blink down towards the kid. Once close enough. The kid begins to look up with teary eyes.

"H-Hello? I-Is anyone there? I-I'm lost." That answered my question. I sigh. I land behind the kid and I rest my hand on his shoulder and he jumped. He looked behind himself and backed away from me. Crap, I forgot that my mask wasn't that nicest thing to see.

"Hey. I'm here to help. You said you were lost?" I ask gently. The Boy looked terrified, but he nodded. "My name is Voidic. Where do you live, I'll bring you home."

"T-Thirty T-Two Cactus Rose." He said timidly. I nod. I extend my hand.

"Hold on tight. Blink can be unpleasant to those that aren't used to it." He slowly grabbed my hand and I smile underneath my mask. I clench my other fist and it begins to glow. I then begin to Blink towards his house. He seemed terrified. He was holding onto my arm for dear life. Eventually, AFter about 10 or 12 blinks, we arrive at his house.

"Here we are. Come on." I gently bring him forward and knock on the door. The door immediately opened to a scared Mother and Father. They looked at me and then they looked at their child.

"BEN!!" They yelled as they hugged him. I smiled and got out of the way for them.

"Thank you so much." The mother told me when his father had brought him inside. "Who are you?"

"My name is Voidic. The new protector of Medicine Hat"

"Voidic?" The mother's eyes widen. "You were in the news a few times in the past 2 weeks. Everyone is saying that you thought yourself above the law. Even though the first thing you did was protect that woman from those three men."

"Yeah. Scars, Stitches and Bruises. I remember."

"But you don't seem that bad. If you ever need anything. Just ask us."

"Well, I am kinda running out of food at my base. You wouldn't happen to have any extra, would you?"

"Running out of food? Sure." She nods and motions for me to come inside. I do. I take off my shoes just like I would for my house.

"Why don't you take off that mask?" The mother asked as we headed for the kitchen.

"Because my face is even more disturbing than my mask."

"Oh come on, It can't be that bad." She waved it off as the father came downstairs.

"Ben is asleep. He seemed happy to be back home. We have you to thank." He extended his hand towards me. I shake his hand and the two people notice the mark on my hand.

"What's that?" The father asks.

"It's what I used to bring your son back home."

"Yes, But your face can't be that bad." The mother said dismissively. I glare at her through my mask, but she couldn't see it. I sigh.

"Fine." I reach up to my head and undo two latches at either side of my head. I undo it to reveal a scarred eye. I lower my hood to show half fried Navy Blue Hair.

"Oh... Yeah, that's bad." The woman winces.

"Told ya," I say as I put my mask back on to my head and pull my hood back over. "Anyway. Could I have some food please for my base." The woman nods and runs into the kitchen. There's some clanging and rustling as she could be heard grabbing the extra food and putting it into a bag. I smile as she comes back out and hands me a bag of food.

"I thank you for your kindness. May Harmony shine brightly upon you." I do a two fingered salute and leave for my base. I tried not to be to fast for fear that the bag might break and the food tumbling out. I eventually get to the open window that I always leave open for myself when I got out on patrol. Only 6 people other than me know that I lived here. And those 6 were Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Sunset Shimmer, Rarity, Applejack and of course, the girl I liked the most. Pinkie Pie. I had only been with them for a few weeks, and I was already in an unofficial relationship with one of them. I sigh as I pull off my costume and mask and open the door to the Storage room. I lived in the school that I went to. I put my food in a cooler that held all of the food that I had stockpiled to keep me up and running for the rest of my life. Or until I eventually get a job and earn enough money to rent a place. I lay down on my makeshift bed and close up the hidden entrance. Rarely people went in here, and the few times that they did, they never found the entrance. I begin to let my mind wander back to the crimes that I had stopped in the past few weeks. They seemed organized somehow, But I could never figure out who was the one that was organizing them. I hadn't stopped any crimes tonight, only helped out that kid in getting home. When I couldn't figure out a pattern between all of the crime, I let my mind wander to Pinkie Pie and I smile. I slowly close my eyes and fall asleep.