• Published 6th Feb 2018
  • 382 Views, 2 Comments

In the service of death - Freddyfrijolero



What happens to our souls after death? Do we go to our next destination or can we befriend lady death and maybe live again for a while

  • ...
 2
 382

Not the Death I expected

In the service of death

Life is a rollercoaster, we have a glimpse of the ride. Some of those ups, downs and turns. But we don't see all of it.

Since I was a child, I knew what I wanted to do, I knew that I wanted to learn and never stop. Never in my wildest dreams did I think one day id be by our Princess' side and be instructed by her and only her.

Since she took me on as her pupil I pledged that I would never disappoint her or fail in any task she would give me. I prided myself that I had a perfect record of succeeding so far with every job, task and instruction till this day.

Sure, organizing the one thousandth summer sun celebration was difficult. I had to deal with insane, loud and overbearing people to make sure nothing would be amiss, but I never thought this would be the death of me. Not literally.

The event started out fine, somehow the overbearing people I met with, pulled through with their individual tasks and responsibilities. I felt my stress relieved as the last point began, when the Princess ceremoniously appears on stage and the sun is raised. Unfortunately that's where everything went to hell.

The shout was clear and loud "In glory to our real hierarchy! The true princess! I shall strike down the goddess of the sun and bring forth her night!"

Everything else after that was a blur, I didn't get a good look at this raving fanatic, even when I managed to push myself between him and Princess Celestia. There was more screaming. Was there more than one attacker? Where were the royal guards? Was the Princess safe? Why did I feel numb and cold? Why was everything going dark?


☠☠☠☠_____________☠☠☠☠_______________☠☠☠☠_______________☠☠☠☠


When I came to, the people I saw on the stage was the royal guard, the Princess and myself? How was that possible? Celestia held my body, crying heavily as the guard forced themselves to look away. "Not like this" I heard her whisper between tears and cries. "It wasn't supposed to be like this"

I tried to move, tried to make a sound. "Princess... it's alright, please look. I'm fine!" I wanted to shout, wanted to stop her pain. As hard as it was watching her bent over, rocking my body like a newborn, it was just as difficult to realise that I was dead. The wound was deep and large if the blood spilled on the floor and staining her once pristine dress was anything to figure out from.

I don't know how much time passed that I was still frozen, at some point a guard gathered the strength to disturb the princess from her mourning. "Your highness, please." He whispered, "the culprits have all been restrained but we must leave." He spoke with sadness, I never spoke much to the guard, but I recognised him from the castle halls.

Princess celestia said nothing, her tears had dried and her cries had become soft whimpers. She nodded slowly and very gently, laid my body down. "Treat her body as you would mine, I must inform her family before I do anything else. They deserve that at least." She walked slowly out of the main hall with a section of her guard surrounding her.

Shortly after my body was recovered and the hall was empty except for myself. I kept staring at the stain of my own blood on the wood. At some point my feelings began to run freely, I wanted to cry, I think I was still too shocked to. Sadness, anger, despair and confusion took over me.

The feeling was so strong that I started to shout out loud, "Please! someone help me!" As I begged my legs gave away and I fell hard on my knees. I knew nobody could hear me, I was dead for Celestia's sake but I didn't care, I wanted someone. Anyone. "What am I supposed to do now" I whispered looking around for some sort of sign. Do I stay here and become a theatre haunting ghost? Isn't there supposed to be some sort of bright light to the afterlife? Or a shadowy cloaked figure holding a scythe? Like the one that's standing by the doors to the lobby.

"Oh good, You're still here. " She spoke with a cheerful and relieved tone. "I was afraid I was too late and Id have to look for you, usually people like to stick close to their bodies" She walked towards the stage. "Hello miss Twilight Sparkle, I am Luna and I am the reaper"

Author's Note:

So here's the first ever fanfic i feel confident of having people read. I hope its enjoyable to you guys at least.
If your into comic books, i seriously suggest to read Death Vigil which is what im doing the crossover with.
For any fans of it, i hope im doing it justice.
Critiques and comments hugely welcome.