• Published 12th Feb 2018
  • 263 Views, 17 Comments

After the Surge: Las Pegasus - Nanrite



Six Shooter, a young mare, is ready to venture out from home. Despite her mother's wishes, she wants to visit the famed New Las Pegasus. A city of lights, sin, and new beginnings.

  • ...
4
 17
 263

Chapter 3: Snowing in the Rain

"What are you do-" The scarred merc grabbed Six by the foreleg and hoisted her up quickly.

"Grab Wick's knife!" he yelled. Six looked confused but then heard the overhead alarm and ran for the two blooded stallions. Six scanned quickly, valuable seconds ticking by. "Hurry it up!" Six gasped and smiled.

"Found it!" she exclaimed, scooping up the blood-covered knife. She whipped around and ran out into the hall. Her savior was already running down the hall for the exit.

Bang

Six's smile grew as she heard the loud, distinct crack of Reins’ sniper rifle. Not wasting any time, she met the stallion at the exit right as he flung open the door, his Colt still suspended above him as he dove into the pouring rain. Six rushed out after him.

"There!" a voice screamed out. Six ran as fast as she could through the rain and mud as suddenly the rattle of machine gun fire began to drown out the rain. She could heard the bullets pounding into the mud just behind her as she ran.

Bang

The machine gun fire stopped. Six released a brief sigh as she ran, silently thanking Reins. Suddenly the scared merc stopped in front of the prison's chain fence. His horn ignited as he unlatched a pouch from his vest. Six closed in on him as he sat there messing with something.

"Why are you-" she began, but before she could finish he quickly turned and ran towards her.

"Get down!" he yelled, diving into her. As soon as they collided, a massive explosion of fire erupted from the fence, illuminating the stormy night. The merc swiftly rose back to his hooves and offered a hoof to Six. She grabbed hold and the two ran for the sizeable hole in the fence.

"Snow!"

The merc stopped, Six ran a little more before turning to him in confusion.

"Hurry up!" Six yelled back. The merc turned away from her and to the pony behind them. Six looked in the same direction as the scarred stallion, and saw the mare from earlier standing there.

"Where do you think you're off to Snow?" Delta asked with a crazed smile. Six looked up at Snow, her savior. Delta's question was nearly the same as hers. But Snow was silent, rain droplets running down his toned features. "Nothing to say? Come on, it's me, Delta!"
The orange mare laughed, aiming her shotgun gauntlet at Snow. "Speak, damn you!"

"You've lost it Delta..." Snow said coldly. Delta's smile faded instantly. She looked almost... betrayed.

"You killed Wicks and Boris... And you have the BALLS to tell me 'I' have lost it?!" Delta yelled. Six looked back towards the smoldering hole in the fence. If she ran now, she might be able to make it while these two fought it out. Slowly, Delta raised her hoof gauntlet to her muzzle and began speaking.

"South gate," she ordered, giving Snow a smile. "The gang’s a little... bigger... since you left. The rest were out on raids, but will be here in about 3 minutes. Stormy nights like this were always the best for raiding caravans... remember Snowy?" she said, raising the shotgun to him again. This time Snow was ready—quickly taking aim at Delta with his massive revolver.

"Ooooh... feisty, aren't we!" Delta taunted, taking a small step forward. Closing the distance between her shotgun and its target.

"S-Shoot her Snow!" Six yelled. Snow gritted his teeth.

"Shut up!" he yelled without taking his eyes off Delta.

"Shoot me Snow!" Delta laughed, taking another step forward. "Or can you...?" Six began to see Snow's chest start rising and falling rapidly. She looked up to him again and noticed the revolver in his magical grasp start to shake. She quickly looked back to Delta who had gained two more steps. She was in range!

"Say hi to the gang for me in hell, Snow," Delta whispered.

Snow started to lower his revolver when suddenly an object flew past him straight for Delta. The orange mare let out a painful scream, firing her shotgun up into the air, missing Snow by a mile. Snow turned to Six, who's horn had just stopped glowing, then back to Delta. Protruding from the gang leader's left eye was Wick's knife. Delta screamed again, stumbling around on three legs, the other holding her head. She slipped, falling hard on her side into the mud.

"Hurry up!"

Snow turned and saw Six standing outside the fence. He nodded and ran to her, the two disappearing into the darkness. Six ran in the direction that she hoped Reins’ sniper fire came from. That's when she saw a dark figure waving a sniper in the distance. Reins!

Two Minutes Later

"Delta!" a stallion explained. "She's over here!" Delta couldn't make out much. Partially from blood loss, the other reason being obvious.

"Is that a fucking knife in her eye?!"

She glared but that only shot a bolt of pain through her skull.

"Get her up and take her to the nurse!"

Delta tried to speak but her entire face felt swollen and numb. Hearing she was being taking to the nurse was enough. She'd get pumped full of chems... maybe some poison joke if she was lucky. That's what this knife buried in her eye reminded her of, the numbing, refined poison joke. There was no joke about that high.

She heard a door open and a bright fluorescent light hummed to life above her. Delta closed her one good eye and smiled.

Nurse's Station.