• Published 29th Jan 2018
  • 4,998 Views, 79 Comments

The Red Hood - MorpheustheDream



Having had enough with Gotham and it's seemingly endless criminal underworld, Jason Todd, or as he's known amongst most as the Red Hood, decides to find his own city to protect. Even if it's a small one, he'll do whatever he can to protect it.

  • ...
5
 79
 4,998

Chapter 8

~~Z~~

"Tell me why we're here again?" Asked my current companion, Artemis, for what seemed like the 100th time in the past couple of hours.

"Because Artemis, Jason asked for us to check out the surges of magical energy in this city. That, and we've been meaning to get around to search this place after the recent spikes in magic in the past year."

Artemis's expression didn't change, but finally let her thoughts be known when they stopped in front of a school. "We're at the point of origin it seems. And whatever magic this is, it's not of Earth. My suggestion would be to remain on guard. Some of this magic is demonic in some way, but it's not the most prominent." I kept what I heard from Artemis in mind, as I walked up to the statue in the school's courtyard, and brushed my hand against the stone, feeling a large source of magic on the other side.

"I think I found a source of it. But it seems otherwise unable to open. I have a feeling my magic will be unresponsive to activating it."

Artemis sighed loudly and started to make her way up the steps. "Which means we'll have to find the Sunset girl." I nodded my head and climbed the stairs with her. As we entered the building, the looks the two of us got from the lingering students in the hallway were shocked, to say the least. Artemis was smirking at the reaction, while I was focused on the main office which was to our right. I motioned for her to follow me, I smiled softly and walked over to the secretary when we entered the office.

"Good evening Ms. Raven. Is the Principal in this afternoon?" It seemed Ms. Raven knew who we were to some degree, but kept her professional attitude up.

"Y-Yes. She's in, but in the middle of speaking to some of the students. Vice Principal Luna is free, if you'd like to speak with her. Or you can wait out here for Principal Celestia to finish her meeting." I was about to respond back, but Artemis spoke up first.

"We're busy, so we would appreciate it if we can get a meeting with Luna as soon as possible. That, or we can get Sunset Shimmer down to the front office as soon as possible."

I sighed silently at my companion's bluntness. I then brought the smile back to my face. "Yes, we would like an audience with Ms. Luna."

Raven was about to call to Luna's room when she stepped out of her office and walked into the Main office. "Raven, could I get a reason as to why I saw the students in an uproar a few minutes ago, going on about there being Super Heroes in our school?"

Luna stopped in her place when she saw both me and Artemis standing in front of the reception desk. "Ah, so that's why. If you two will follow me, I'm sure we can sort out whatever brings you here." Luna turned around after motioning for me and Artemis to follow her to her office. I looked over at Artemis, as she nodded her head in response. I walked around the desk with her in tow as we followed Luna into her office. When we were all inside, I closed the door and we both took a seat behind Luna's desk.

She let out a soft sigh, then looked at me and Artemis. "There's been nothing happening here that would lead to a response from two Justice League associates, aside from the Arrival of the Red Hood. And from what I know, you two are more on the Magical side of things. Does magic have anything to do with it?"

Artemis leaned back against her chair with her arms crossed, her eyes on me as she waited for my response. "Yes, magic is the reason we are here. Red Hood has been detecting magical signatures all over Canterlot. Most of it originating from this school. We've also been meaning to investigate the cause of it, as we've received reports of several unnatural surges of magic within the past year."

Luna opened her mouth to try and explain, but Artemis cut her off before she could utter a word. "And we also know that you and your sister, Celestia, have somehow managed to explain the surges of magic off as out of hand school events. The main example, the massive spectral forms of three sea dragons during your Battle of the Bands. You and your sister have explained it to the local officials and everyone else in the city as a light show having gone wrong, or something to that degree."

Luna closed her mouth again, probably having realized that there was nothing to hide from them about the events that occurred the past few years. "Okay." She leaned forward a bit with her hands clasped together. "I suppose you're here to investigate the cause for all of the magic that's surfaced then?"

I nodded my head, quickly glancing at Artemis as I noticed she was getting a bit bored. I returned my gaze back to Luna and proceeded to answer her. "Yes, we are. And it all revolves around miss Sunset Shimmer and the statue outside the school's front Entrance. So if you could bring down miss Shimmer, we would appreciate it."

Luna grabbed the phone with some hesitance, but then dialed the number to use Ms. Harshwinny's room. She waited until she picked up the phone, and when Harshwinny did, Luna immediately got down to business. "Hello, Ms. Harshwinny. Is Sunset Shimmer in your class right now?"

Artemis and I remained silent as their conversation continued, with the former getting more and more impatient by the second. By the time Luna had put the phone away, she leaned back into her seat and spoke to us once again. "Miss Shimmer will be down here in a few minutes. And whatever you two have planned, please don't have it take forever. She does have an education to finish here."

I smiled softly and gave her a quick nod of my head. "We promise that our trip won't take too long. At most, she'll only be gone with us for a few days."

Luna let out a sigh once again but nodded her head in acceptance. Several minutes later, a knock was heard at the door and it opened up, revealing Sunset Shimmer. "You called me down here, Ms. Luna?"

Luna smiled and motioned for her to enter. "Yes, I did Miss Shimmer. We have to associates from the Justice League."

I stood up and shook her hand, and motioned for her to have a seat with us. "Hello Sunset. My name is Zatanna, and my bored looking friend over there is Artemis. We understand that you're not exactly from Earth, is that correct?"

I could see her teal colored eyes widen a bit in shock. She glanced over at Luna, who nodded her head silently. I could see her let out a sigh, as she nodded her head. "Yes, I'm not from here. I'm from somewhere else called Equus, in the country of Equestria. I believe you could say that it's another dimension."

"And does this place, Equus, have magic by chance?" I asked her, to which she swiftly nodded her head. I sighed silently and looked over at Artemis. "It seems we've found where the magic is coming from."

Artemis scoffed a bit. "Congratulations. But that doesn't help us on our front of trying to seal the flow of unnatural magic. So if you could maybe ask her how to do that, we can get a move on with our lives."

I held my head in my hands at both her bluntness and rudeness. After shaking my head in slight annoyance, I lifted my head and looked back to Sunset. "Forgive my blunt friend, Sunset. But would it be possible for us to travel to Equestria? We just want to try and figure out if the magic from there is something we need to be worried about. And if possible, try to seal it or limit the amount of magic that is leaking onto our world."

I got a slight ray of hope when I saw her nod her head. "I can try to arrange that. But I'm going to need to go my journal real quick."


~~JT~~

Here I am, skipping school for the third day in a row, as I continue to scout out other dealings that Sombra has going on right now. While that's happening, I'm also trying to figure out a way to get Chrysalis out of the picture as well. She's the one with the most public attention on her, so taking her down will have to be handled carefully. Otherwise, I may end up having this whole operation blow up in my face.

The last thing I expected to happen though, was to have a man land right next to me. My reflex's told me to quickly move away and pull out a weapon to defend myself if need be. I did just that, and I aimed my pistol at the man before me. He had his arms held up with a smile on his face. "Is that any way to greet your brother Jason?"

I rolled my eyes as I heard him speak. "That depends on what type of mood I'm in. And last I checked, we weren't brothers. We're adopted, remember?" I put my pistol away and took off my helmet as I sat back down on the roof. "Anyways, what brings you here to my little city Dick?"

Author's Note:

So I brought Zatanna and Artemis into the fold. If you guys wish, I can try and make a separate Story depicting their adventure in Equestria. That'll be up to you all though. Also wanted to let you all know that I have not abandoned this story.