• Published 4th Jan 2018
  • 206 Views, 0 Comments

The Author - nicojaller



A man fights against his own creations to defend Equestria, will he be strong enough or is the world doomed to fall into chaos and depravation ?

  • ...
 0
 206

Fanfictions gone wrong

And... Done !

My latest fanfiction is done ! It has been a long and though one to write, but I'm satisfied with it. It has a little bit of clop, not that I'm any good at writing those, but I thought it'd be interesting for the readers to have some.
It had also action sequences, violences, gore and also my trademark. Bad endings. I don't know why, the goody-good fairy tale endings never seemed to satisfy me, bad endings for me are more down to earth, more realistic. Bad guys are too smart to get outsmarted like they always do in those kind of stories.

Anyway, as I was saying. I published my latest story under my username of ''nicojaller''. My story featured the main six struggle against a demon that ends up forcing the princesses to bend the knee and taking over Equestria. Not my finest work, I'll admit it, but I liked the tone and the dark ending. So I published it. My stories are always like that, but it's fine, I have some followers, not a lot, I'll admit it, but enough to have a bunch of loyal readers. Of course, with fans come haters.
Always the same kind of messages, on how my stories are horrible and that I and I quote ''Ruin the spirit of MLP ''. I don't know what the big deal is, I mean, I'm not the only one doing it right ? Fimfiction.net is filled with clop stories and other stories of this kind.

I take a break to take a glass of water, reading this much is surprisingly tiring. My parents weren't home. They were both at work, so I have a lot of time on my hands. Then suddenly, I hear strange things coming from my computer. I rush towards it to see what's happening.

A hacker.

I see my files disappearing one by one. This can't be happening. I try to activate my security system on my computer but it would not work. Why in the hell would a hacker steal my stories ? How can you steal something from a computer ?
After all my files got deleted, one message appeared on the screen

THANK YOU FOR THE MATERIALS

AND FOR YOU CONTRIBUTION TO THE FALL OF EQUESTRIA

YOUR'S TRULY

VLAD'MOR.

What in the world ? It must be a joke, it must be. There is no way, no way this is real. The person behind me must have read the story and is now mocking me. I know this is more of an inside thing but Vlad'Mor is the name of the demon I was talking earlier. That I created ! So yeah, I relax on my computer chair, what just happened? I never had to deal with this kind of situation before. I have so many questions. First of all, who really hacked into my computer and stole my things? Why did he steal my stories ? What will he use them for?

What was he talking about, he talked about the fall of Equestria. The person who wrote this must have difficuly differencing reality from fiction, because if he did, he would know that Equestria is not a real thing. It's fiction, created by Hasbro, a real company, with fictional characters.

Blinding light appears in front of me, making me fall from my chair, face first onto the ground. Ouch, I can barely open my eyes, and even then I don't see much. Just white, pure white. While I regain my vision, I just hear a sweet voice resounding around me.

"Hello my dear, are you the human, most famously known as Nicojaller ? "

Huh ? What ? Most famously known ? What fame ? Wait, that's not what's important !

"Wait, who are you ? "

" You know me very well, maybe more than most of your species. "

What is she talking about ? Wait, if I can concentrate, I can kind of recognise the voice. It's... no, it can't be...It's impossible ! I'm going insane ! That's it, I must have fell out of my chair and knocked my head on the ground and I'm hallucinating. Because there is no way that this is happening.

There is no way that Princess Celestia's in my house.

I knock myself on the head a few times before realizing that I am really seeing this. I'm not dreaming. Oh god, what is this ?

" I know what you are thinking, what business brings me to this world and to you "
Yeah, I would like to know that. I would like to know what brings a FICTIONAL character to my house. I think I will need a straitjacket in five minutes or so. If in five minutes, I am not in front of my computers, I swear I will lose a cable.

" I feel your distress and confusion, but what I have to ask of you is of the upmost importance. "

" Okay, so what is it... y-your majesty? "

These words were very though to say. I don't really want to aknowledge her, but I don't think I have much of a choice.

" Equestria needs your helps "

what...what...WHAT.

I don't want to repeat myself, I know I tend to do that a lot, but seriously, what the hell ? I can't say a thing, I think my expression says it all.

" I know you must be confused, but let me explain, a demon invaded our world and bringed chaos. "

" Yeah, so how does that concern me ? I mean... not that I'm not concerned about the fate of Equestria. Just that... What do I have to do with that ? "

She looks at me accusingly.

" You should know, because you created him. "

At this moment, I feel all color disappering from my face, in pure terror. All my conceptions of realities and fictions were shattered at that precise moment. How does she know ? How does she know that ? I barely feels my legs as my knews are shaking in fear.

" W-what ? No... that...that's ridiculous ! "

" I only wish I was here to laugh, but everything said here is sadly true. Your creations are turning our world upside down and we need you to stop them and returning Equestria back to normal. "

" Okay, even if I you and everything you said is real, what am I supposed to do. Yeah, I created Vlad'Mor, but I'm just a human being, I don't have the power to stop a demon. How did he materialize anyway, I litteraly just posted the story, how did he got the time to be born, grow up and try to conquer a whole universe ? "

I don't even know how that's possible ? How did he go from a idea, an imaginary concept to a physical demon destroying the world ?

" Our world doesn't work like yours, it is based on the imagination of every living thing in the universe. "

Oh great, it work on the Neverending Story system, fantastic.

" And I suppose you are familiar with the multiverse theory ? "

Oh and you add this into the mix ? Great, it really makes this way more complicated than it actually needed to be !

" What does that have to do with anything ? "

" Well, this is something that I have studied in the past milleniums of my reign, and I do think it is a factor in our situation.
You see, I have discovered a link that connected our reality to yours, and that link is...you. "

" What ? What kind of plot-conveniance bullsh*t is that ? "

" I do not think plot-conveniance is in play here, remember everything here is based on imagination and if the multiverse theory is true, there could be an infinite numbers of Equestria, ours could be the result of what you imagined. Including what is happening right now. "

This, this changes completely the MLP mythology ! Wait, am I some kind of god or what ?

" Are you not sure that all of this isn't some kind of joke from Discord ? "

" We are sure, we have lost contact with him a few days ago after he went investigating what was the cause of what is happening. I never saw him so serious about anything. "

I try to digest all of this information, Discord went missing and Vlad'Mor is on the loose, yeah, this is all too familiar. If this is going the way I wrote it, this is going to be bad, really bad for the Equestrians. I sigh.

" Alright, so what do you want me to do ? "

" Help us, save our world. "

" Yeah, I got that part, but how do you want me to do that ? I am only a simple human, and Vlad'Mor is a demon. It wouldn't end well for me. How am I supposed to accomplish anything ? "

" You know this threath better than anyone else and second, don't worry, I'll grant you what you need to face this evil menace. "

Suddenly, a book appears in my hand, it has a black cover. It's a notebook, I see that a pen comes with it.

" Cool, but what am I supposed to do with that. Sketch him to death ? Writing poems and bore him until he falls into a coma ? "

She moves her head towards the books, which makes me look down, to see the book opening by himself. The pages are glowing of a magic aura.

" This is no normal book, you see, it is an ancient relics found in the Crystal Kingdom, from what we gathered, it has the power to invoke objects and to modify the environment on a certain mesure. "

Oh, so a Death Note without death. Got ya. But what are the limits she is talking of ? Because of course this is the kind of things that can become overpowered, damn, even the Death Note had a limit, you had to know the entire name of the guy to kill him. I always laughed at that, imagine if the guy has like one thousand names. Light be-like, okay who's next on my list ? James B.T.H.J.F.I.L.K.D-S Humpfrey-Dumphrey... I think I'm going to skip that one.

I laugh to myself quietly, but I recompose myself.

" Ok, so what are those limits exactly, just so I know what I am dealing with exactly. "

" First of all, this book cannot bring the dead back, you cannot wish back what is not or never was. "

I don't know why, but I feel, this is going to be very important in the future, so I take mental notes. Why do I take all of this seriously ? I honestly don't know. I mean, if this is a dream, why not make the most of it? If not, well, it's in my best interest to do so.

" Second, you cannot change the heart of someone, you could not vanquish the enemy by washing his evil away and turning him good, at least, not just by writing it in a book. "

" Yeah, anyway, that's the Element's job to do that anyway, and there wouldn't be any fun if it was that easy, right ? "

" Right, and the third and not the least, one of the most basic law of alchemy is the law of reciprocity, what you invoke through the book will ask a certain quantity of energy, the bigger the object, the more energy you will drain. "

So quite a elemetary concept, but it makes sense. This is badass, but it all of this still requires some skills ! If I write for a sword, I still need to know how to use the bloody thing ! I don't know, maybe I'll acquire some ninja skills out of nowhere I guess.

I sigh.

" And now what ? I guess you will throw me into the mix then, but once there what do I do. What will I have to face ? "

" Like I said earlier, the demon you know as Vlad'Mor invaded our kingdom. He used numberous tricks to overwhelm our defences and defeat the Elements. What was peculiar with his method of action is that he didn't use them all at once. He sended them one at the time, tiring us out eventually. I can't really explain too much, but you'll find those threats very familiar. I barely managed to get to you before my demise. Yes, even though I stand before you, when I come back to my time, I will surely meet my end. That is why I say your help is necessary. "

I feel the weight of the pressure crushing my shoulders. I didn't realize things were this bad. I mean, I write the story myself and right now I still feel terrible. If I'm not good enough, everyone will die ! Even if I don't think this is real, this is such an horrible feeling to have.

" I know that I wrote those...but do you think I can actually do anything ? I'm not athletic, I'm not brave and I don't think I could defeat Vlad'Mor, magic or not. "

" Wether or not I believe is you is not what's important, you have to understand, you are our only hope. The strenght you will need to save our world is within you to find, and only with it shall you triumph. "

I take a huge breathe, and I think about all of this. It doesn't make sense, why out of all people did it have to happen to me ? I know some people would jump at the occasion at being a hero chosen to save a whole kingdom, but not me. If I assume everything is really happening, I can only say that my version of Equestria is screwed, well at least that's how I understood all of that. There is a lot of what-if in this situation. What if I die ? What if I can never go home ? What if I fail ?

I also should take other things in considerations, if this is a dream, I have nothing to lose. Anyway, even if this is real, what did I really do with my life ? I'm just at my computer writing fanfictions, go to school, eat, sleep and repeat. Kinda boring, so right now, there could be a chance to live something exciting and most possibly life threatening. Oh, what the hell.

" Ok, I'm in. "

I see her smile kindly.

" Thank you, in behalf of all my little ponies, thank you. "

I nod to her, and what followed cannot be described with precision, because I don't really know what's going on myself. The white that surrounded me started to fade and my vision started to blacken. I suppose it's the famous transition-thingy that happens when you go from one dimension to another. Yeah, let's go with that, for now let's just enjoy the ride.

Author's Note:

Thank you very much for reading the first chapter of "The Author", I hope you will enjoy this story, I'm really inspired for this one and I can't wait for this to really get started. Like my character said, let's all get on the ride and let's enjoy it !

Oh and by the way, I didn't forget to put an human tag, you'll see why.